Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Big violent protest occurs in Burao city

Saalax   

Burahdeer You just proofed my point. The police chief was a obstacle to Siilaanyo's nepotism, genel only cares

about their exploration going ahead they don't care about the locals. This man cared about the locals and informed

them.

No salah disagree with you, police chief was instigator & part of the problem.If you really try be fair you be surprised how Silanyo dealt with his own sub.

It would have made more sense to reassign the Burco West chief to Zaylac and get the chief from Zaylac to Burco. Easily achieving Silanyo's goal whilst not upsetting the westsiders.

cadnaan1   

burco aka the galkacayo of north,it s sad even after almost 20 years inaysan labadaasi reer aysan iscafinin oo cuqdada wali meeshii taalo.

Saalax   

burahadeer;992188 wrote:
No salah disagree with you, police chief was instigator & part of the problem.If you really try be fair you be surprised how Silanyo dealt with his own sub.

You can disagree but the reality says otherwise something else. Those kind of violent protests are not only confined to Burco but also Berbera and other cities in Somaliland people openly defying Siilaanyo's nepotism. That shows the problem is Siilaanyo not the police officer.

Same day in Berbera

1. For a man to die over the sacking of a Police chief waa ayan daro, hopefully the authorities/community leaders are able to defuse the situation quickly.

2. This president should really learn to stop engaging in activities that might create the perception for a Conflict of Interest, he has a long history of doing this bs.

3. I'm also really disappointed in Warracade, Silanlyo uses the the interior ministers (who are always HY) as his foot soldiers.

4. I find the none-Somalilanders discussing Somaliland internal affairs annoying (I don't know why)

Saalax   

I agree it is in unfortunate but it is the Kulmiye adminstration that incited it. I think it is unfair to

pin this on Warancadde who is not even in the country. The police commander Cabdillahi Fadal

Imaan made those orders from Siilaanyo who wants his nepotism to have no obstacles.

Mustafe   

Saalax you keep using the word nepotism without going into much detail. Did Siilanyo favour his clan over the other one with regards to how these resources you are talking about are allocated? You do realise that these kind of problems occur all the time, infact it was not so long ago when the same thing happened in Caynaba and police chiefs were killed there. People protest all over the place over one thing or another. So kindly please explain this nepotism you are talking about.

Saalax   

^If anyone has been following the news for the past two years they would know it is to so many that it can't be summarised. That is how bad it is sadly. Just this week he tried to give one of his relatives the Berbera fishing

permits company fish net that originally belonged to the natives, he also changed the police commander of

Togdheer region so there would be less obstacles to his plans.

I think the regions should elect their own governors and mayors. I don't like the idea of Hargaisa deciding the affairs of Sanaag or any other region, the constitutional powers needs amendment ASAP, the regions deserve more powers.

AfricaOwn;992198 wrote:
1. For a man to die over the sacking of a Police chief waa ayan daro, hopefully the authorities/community leaders are able to defuse the situation quickly.

2. This president should really learn to stop engaging in activities that might create the perception for a Conflict of Interest, he has a long history of doing this bs.

3. I'm also really disappointed in Warracade, Silanlyo uses the the interior ministers (who are always HY) as his foot soldiers.

4. I find the none-Somalilanders discussing Somaliland internal affairs annoying
(I don't know why)

Go and make your own forum then, Queen Elizabeth *******s orphans. Don't bring that attitude into a Somali forum.

Mustafe   

Saalax;992201 wrote:
.. he also changed the police commander of

Togdheer region so there would be less obstacles to his plans.

And you don't think if he has secret plans and the locals are opposed to them Sillanyo will fail no matter what kind of police commander he brings? After so many years in politics you don't think he knows that simple fact? And what about the one or two poor people who died, is their life not more important than some police man who was moved else where rightly or wrongly? Reer Burco are just too backward and both of those families who reside there are addicted to violence and trouble ilahay amarkis.

galbeedi   

most of the moves Siilaanyo does creates problems. The mayor of Burco used to be from the west burco community and the governor from the East, now a new mayor was elected from the east burco by vote. a new governor from Hargeisa who was arrested and sentenced for stealing food aid was transferred to Togdheer after he was pardoned by Siilaanyo. By removing the police chief the west community doesn't

have mayor, governor or police chief in their own city and region. people feel dominated and overwhelmed.

this problem wasn't only created by the the people in burao but the government as well and they meddle regional internal affairs, the government itself using nepotism to manipulate and the people are paranoid for this, this should be solved by the government at first place because they were elected them to safeguard and serve to community and not to use live ammunition to shoot down people. such a pathetic government! this should be blamed by the government.. people wouldn't have involved such widespread criticism if the government would have run the country fairly. :mad:

Hawdian   

A sensitive issue wth replacing the police chief but I totally agree with the Government in mixed the Somalilanders so we can have a Lascanod guy to be governor of The capital Hargeysa and have a guy from another region to be in Burco this way Somalilanders learn that no job is secured and this small nation can take another step forward .