Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Big violent protest occurs in Burao city

Saalax   

The Dead man Body been carried in the streets of Burao by fellow Protestors

By Goth Mohamed Goth

One person died and dozens others injured after massive demonstrations rocked the second largest city

today as anger boiled with disenchanted hundreds of resident rampaged through the city.

Residents told us that the RRU used live ammunitions to suppress the peaceful demonstrators which resulted

to the death of one person.

The rioters barricaded all roads leading to and from the Burao second city in a bid to express their dissatisfaction

with the current government decision to fire the police boss because of his ethnicity and replace him with another

to serve the clan interest of opposing.

Burao town came to a standstill as thousands of youth burned tires and fought running battles with the

riot Police in the major streets of the second city with most business in the town been closed the whole day.

http://somalilandpress.com/somaliland-one-person-killed-after-violent-suppression-of-peaceful-protests-in-burao-47105

The Dead man Body been carried in the streets of Burao by fellow Protestors!!!!!!!!?

By Goth Mohamed Goth

[[[[ their dissatisfaction

with the current government decision to fire the police boss because of his ethnicity and replace him with another

to serve the clan interest of opposing.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

with most business in the town been closed the whole day.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?]]]]]]]]

what a nonsense....all above pure lies.and who is this Goth.

police chief was transferred by warancade before his departure to Britain and his replacement is from Zeila clan.

Safferz   

Cadale;992145 wrote:
all that just for a sacked police commander? SMH

It's more than that, there's a power sharing agreement between the two main clans of Burco for positions like police chief, mayor, etc so everything is even and balanced, and west is upset that east seems to be dominating these positions. I haven't read too much about it so I don't know if that's true, but that's what they're angry about.

there is no power sharing agreement and the mayor is voted in by popular vote, the new police chief is from Zeila clan, the governor is from hargeisa clan...sure some grievances,will soon find out .

Saalax   

Burahdeer This is a power sharing issue in this city and yes those agreements were penned down

in the 90s. It seems though Siilaanyo is trying to incite violence between the locals.

Saalax   

You would be surprised. The police chief was sacked because he refused to attack locals who were originally

given a water rig but the government tried to relocate it to somewhere else. All in all he refused to abide by

Siilanayo's apparent nepotism.

Saalax   

It is. I don't know what sub group those locals he refused to attack were, but it all comes down to resources. The reason Siilaanyo wants to bring someone from Zeylac to Burco is he wants someone to make his nepotism in Togdheer oil exploration easier. Earlier in september Genel energy stopped operations because the locals were dissatisfied with the representation of workers, the sacked police chief refused to let the regional police be used to violently try and crush the locals without their grievances being addressed.

Safferz   

Safferz;992163 wrote:
It's more than that, there's a power sharing agreement between the two main clans of Burco for positions like police chief, mayor, etc so everything is even and balanced, and west is upset that east seems to be dominating these positions. I haven't read too much about it so I don't know if that's true, but that's what they're angry about.

lool the mods edited out the clan names in my post :D I don't know how useful SOL rules against clan names are in threads like this, it's almost impossible to talk about what's going on without referring to it and it's necessary to explain what the grievances are that are leading to these protests.

saalax that's not the case, actually Genel energy was frustrated with the police chief accusing him of kickbacks.Why Genel stop working was for security reasons esp like places in waridad and the British was instrumental.

Warancade replaced him not Silanyo and this came up when they had meeting with Genel officials in London and Hargeisa.

So the hope is the person from Zeylac will do Siilaanyo's dirty work and the sad thing the locals will start blaming people from Zaylac. The whole thing is unfortunate.

lol@Safferz I wrote initials, that was even edited. Just write beesha Bari and Galbeed.