Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Lower Shabeele Region: The Epicenter of Somalia's Civil War Legacy

galbeedi   

Cadale, you are right I did miss this video. The closest city for M is Baydhabo and Buurhakabo yet they want to rule Marka Cadeey. If that is the case, then I have a legitimate claim to Janaale, since I am from Awdal and the Waterrmaal are my blood cousins. Shabeelaha hoose is much closer to Benadir than Bakool.

Cadale   

Galbeedi sxb the gobol is not only watermals its 7 clans that inhabit the region basically the folks in Baay want shabelle hoose to be part of their state and the HAGS want the region to be part of Banaadir state. I say let the natives choose what they want meeshani xoog ma jirto. Dhul boob ayaa meel walba ka socoto ha ahaato jubboyinka ha ahaato shabellada dagaal sokeeye bey horseedi karaysaa xiligeedana lama joogo

Cadale;992114 wrote:
so we got folks from baydhabo and bakool from the M clan who doesn't have a single town in the shabbelle hoose and are claiming it just because their cousins do live in the region.So whats stopping walaalaha Galgaduud and mudug of doing the same thing when they also have cousins who are natives in the region. gobolka waxaa qasaayo laba dhinac oo shaqo iyo shuqulba ku lahayn.the hell with somali clan politics its poison

Bro I don't know what you talking about but D&M are brothers and have a legitimate claim on Shabeelada Hoose. I hope iA D&M, water malayans, J.weyn and all weak tribes to unite under an Islamic banner and defend their honour, wealth and lives from the slaves in Mugadisho and Kismayo.

galbeedi   

Okay, then maybe we should revisit these idea of federalism which pushes people without their consent. why not leave the Shabeelaha hoose , hiiraan or any other region to stand by it self. Dadka in la isku qasbo ma' ahan. There are more d&m in jubba and Gedo than shabeelaha. how about Cumar c/rashiid Sharmaarke who is from puntland is one of the leading founders of Jubba. Maxaa ii diidaya aniga shabeelaha hoose since my cousins live there.

Tallaabo   

galbeedi;992122 wrote:
Okay, then maybe we should revisit these idea of federalism which pushes people without their consent. why not leave the Shabeelaha hoose , hiiraan or any other region to stand by it self. Dadka in la isku qasbo ma' ahan. There are more d&m in jubba and Gedo than shabeelaha. how about Cumar c/rashiid Sharmaarke who is from puntland is one of the leading founders of Jubba. Maxaa ii diidaya aniga shabeelaha hoose since my cousins live there.

The HAGs don't respect the smaller clans. I think the water-maals should join forces with the D & M and Baydhabo folks to form a federal state and keep the HAG at bay.

Hawdian   

the people who came up with clan federalism in koonfurta will surely reap there rewards in daad dhimetey illah kama baaqdaan. The worst solution to the problems there.

Cadale   

do you think federalism is an somali intitiave? I heard from a man that ethiopia came up with this in 91, divide and conquer strategy.

galbeedi   

clan federalism does not work. It was A/raxman Badiyow, Mohamed Abshir and others, with blessing of Ethiopia, who created in Djibouti with help of Cumar Geele. There are small Communities who does not make a majority of one district, yet they have three members in Parliament. Here in the forum some times we say things in hyperbole manners the reality is obscured. Che said is there any body who lived in Shabeelaha Hoose. I was a teacher seving national service after high school, and was based in Wanla Weyn. I also visited Qoryoolay, marka, and Afgooye. In wanla weyn, I never met any body from Watermall who are mostly live in Marka Janaale and other regions. Most of the residents of Wanla Weyn region were: RRa,, Garre (the beareded community) with large camels and G lovers. The G lovers extend from Hiiraan to Wanla Wayn and Jubooyinka. They probably have two or three in the Parliament. Do you know the Cumar Geele Community who dominate Djibouti have one single member in the Somaliland Parliament and Eight in the Federal parliament. look at Boosaaso with hundreds of thousands of people yet they got two or three members.This guy in the video says the D&m are allies because they created a political party together, is that a case for forcing people to the rule of RRA. Let every one contest his own district, then we shall see who is the majority.The Caydiid group live in Gaalkacayo, Hobyo, Xaradheere, guriceel, with tens of thousands in Mogadhisho and Shabeelaha, yet they got two members in the Parliament. to be fare the HAG, is disadvantaged in the federal parliament. In the C/laahi Yusuf Government which based it's cabinet in 4.5 the D&M got eight ministers. how can people the M, Bay and Bakool got five and the D in Shabeelaha got three. This whole federalism project must be looked carefully..

galbeedi   

Regions should be based in geography, economy and the cohesiveness of the Somali State and people in general. How can somebody from Buuhoodle, which is west of Burco, Togdheer be part of Puntland while Hobyo, which share both Geography and commerce with rest of Puntland is not. The people in Sanaag can travel to Boosaaso within three hours to sell and export their livestock and agricultural products instead of traveling to Berbera for day and half. It does not make sense.This 4.5 and the Clan federalism must be changed.The Galmudug people should be part of Puntland. It is the most Logical.

mirifle can't claim lower shabele because back in 1996 when RRA and their ethiopian Allie defeated the SNA aka HG, they had the upper hand and if they wanted they could have came all the way to Afgoye but they never did! knowing that their supposedly cousins were under Gen indhacade's oppression. some people say that indhacade and his HG clan forced the locals to pay money to get water from the shabelle river. until some of the local communities specially the Garre founded a movement similar to the RRA named DSA (digil salvation army) to fight against the people from guriceel.

Tallaabo   

Cadale;992137 wrote:
Tallaabo you have no clue about whats going. With that said focus more on sl affairs

Tell me where I am wrong:confused:

Khadafi   

The fruits of 20 years of ockupation is coming to an end. What Al-shabaab taught the locals is to arm themselves and not accept clan-ockupation. Wakhtigii dadka baraawe iyo marka iyo baardheere dagan biyaha laga gadaayay wey dhamaatay. Every somali is welcome to live in shabelle regions but not with force and clan supremacy. As sooner the brothers from "goboloda dhexe" understands this, the better it is.

During 2000, from Gaalkacayo to Kismaayo, nothing seemed to stop the orchs, but I guess that they have understood that numbers do mater. They are, after all a minority in the south. The FGS should stop clan warfare then fanning it. The locals of the south should be supported rather then thoose who want to cling on to xaaran-property.