Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Count Down on Puntland Election, Jan 8, 2014.

Mooge   

^^loool.

its funny how some HAG scripts are all bashing abdiweli. naga daya ciyarta nimanyoow. if there is one guy all HAG fears, it is really abdiweli. they know Abdiweli changed Somalia for the better and it would not be difficult to change my beloved Puntland.

if you want to know which candidate faroole takes serious just follow faroole's campaign rallies and see who he is talking about. niyoow it is none other than abdiweli. lool

mooge will support either candidate. i like uncle faroole and i like tenacious abdiweli, the architect of Somalia's come back before da**adiid ku xaartay. they are both my candidates who can lead my beloved puntland. allow ki roon reerka u reeb.

long live puntland.

Big debate about the election.

Samafal   

Gaas to win this or someone else probably Haji Shire. Faroole will be history. He will try to cheat as he is doing now with the Conflict Resolution Comittee but will not succeed.

my least favourite:

Faroole - aonother five years of him will encourage corruption and nepotism with no real progress in infrastructure development.

Ali Haji - no experience for any real adminstration rather than being an accountant for Golis.

Breaking News:

Preliminary reports indicate that agreement has been reached on the Vetting Committee. The resolution will not be far from how previous Puntland elections have been carried out. This will break Malistar2012 heart, it will be the nth time Allah refused to answer Wardhiigley prayers against the blessed people of Puntland :D

In a serious note: if you are an avid follower of Puntland politics like me, you would easily observe how one man and one man only is playing the ball quite skillfully. The rest are busy playing him, while he is concentrating on the ball. The outcome is unknown and will be so until the day after the election, but so far Faroole outplayed and outsmarted the rest of the candidates in the current field.

Puntland politics is a peculiar mixture of tradition and parliamentarian system. This election though more contentious is not different than the previous ones. And Puntland shall be stronger, not weaker, as the result.

Odey   

He is not outsmarting anyone, he is simply using the coffers of the state and also the apparatus of state. Without them he will look as dumb as he is!. Remember how he looked during his campaign to unseat Cade Muuse?. The same applies here brother. I think it is too early to call it and in my opinion this will be the most contested election in Puntland ever.

Xiin

I do not follow the Pirate states' politics that deeply but judging from the news clips that is coming from that part of the country, things are far from as hunky dowry as you are painting things as.

There are potential flash points among which include the legitimacy of the 19 MPs from Khaatumo clan. Almost all the traditional leaders of Khaatumo, ,with the sole exception of the Garaad of Taleex, do not support and will not participate the selection process of the MPs. So the question remains, will these MPs be excluded from the next parliament or will Faroole hand pick them from the streets?

Suldaan,

Majority of the 17 MPs ar present in Garoowe, most of them are renamed. Khatumo is a legitimate political movement and is a thorn on Puntland's side. Khatumo has not however affected the legitimacy of Puntland as it was established 1998. No candidate in current election can dare question whether these 17 MPs from Sool and Sanaag have the right to participate in the election. This issue is a structural one and it does go beyond opposition soundbites to derail Faroole's march to the mountain top of Puntland presidency.

I am not passionate about Faroole's reelection nor do I see any value in the desperate talks from the opposition. I however understand political ramification of Puntland election and how it impacts Somalia. Based on that factor alone, Faroole is the man of the moment awoowe.

Xiin,

So does that mean all the 62 or so MPs will be reinstated or mise tani waa mid lagu samirsiinaayo reer Khaatumo?

The other question is, what do you make of this Garaad Jaamac saying that they do not support anyone to represent them in Garoowe.

Suldaan,

I do not know the exact number of MPs that are reinstated, but they are significant. Also this is true for a number regions, not only Sool, Cayn & Sanaag.

Garaad Jaamac represents one of the most established Isim traditions in the region. However, his signature was not utilized for the last election either. So I am afraid the issue of Khatumo vs Puntland will remain one for the next Puntland president to tackle.

Suldaanka;991809 wrote:

There are potential flash points among which include the legitimacy of the 19 MPs from Khaatumo clan. Almost all the traditional leaders of Khaatumo, ,with the sole exception of the Garaad of Taleex, do not support and will not participate the selection process of the MPs. So the question remains, will these MPs be excluded from the next parliament or will Faroole hand pick them from the streets?

The 17 xildhibaans from khaatumo mps will determine the outcome of this election. Both Faroole and his adversaries are aware of this fact and hence the dispute about this so called commission. All of the Khaatumo Garaads apart from one manor insignificant boqor have categorically stated that they will not send any xildhibaans to puntland. This is a major stumbling block since every xildhibaan has to be nominated by his Isim. Therefore the appointment of any xildhibaan from khaatumo will be illegitimate. Faroole is hoping to engineer the selection of the khaatumo xildhibaans and if he succeeds he will be reelected without any problem whatsoever, since the 17 mps are more enough to push him through the threshold. But his opponents will not accept the appointment of any xildhibaan who is nominated without the consent of his Isim and they have legal right to do so. The other candidates cannot compromise on this issue because to do so will effectively ensure their defeat. This will be source of conflict and the defining factor this election.

;)

xiinfaniin;991810 wrote:
No candidate in current election can dare question whether these 17 MPs from Sool and Sanaag have the right to participate in the election. This issue is a structural one and it does go beyond opposition soundbites .

ceydhin iyo xaraan ninkii u badheedh calooshisa uun bey Ku maqantahay.

Samafal   

Its wishful thinking to say Khatumo MPS will be reinststed. They either nominated by their Isimms or there will be no Khatumo representatives in Puntland parliment, simple as like that.