Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland: Registration of Voters to Start 2014

Somaliland: Registration of Voters to Start 2014

Sunday, 08 December 2013 20:13

NEC Spokesman Ahmed H. GelleNEC Spokesman Ahmed H. Gelle

By: M.A. Egge

HARGEISA: (Somalilandsun)- The NEC announced that the 2015 general election will simultaneously consist of both presidential and parliamentary polling.

Previously in all the past five times that SL voters exercised their rights were separately; viz civic, parliamentary and presidential.

They at the same time revealed that a US company, Creative Associates, have been retained for their services in the registration process.

The spokesperson for the NEC Mr. Ahmed Hersi Geele said that the registering of voters is expected to be commenced and completed before the elapse of 2014.

Saying that five competent institutions had vied for the contract, the American Creative Associates won the tender.

NEC revealed that the latest civic election was flawed since multiple times were polled by same voters on a rampant and tribal manner.

They however said that the registration would consist of both the national registration one and that of the electoral process.

It may be safe to assume that the system may be biometric since NEC plans to postpone the national index registration.

Naturally it is versa in any country. It beats reason to have electoral voter registration before the national personal index identification.

Xaaji Xunjuf;990400 wrote:
^^ You are not from Somaliland last time i checked you were a Kenyan citizen

Loooooooooooool I am not a Kenyan citizen. btw there are is a huge number of Kenyan Somalilanders.

Xaaji Xunjuf;990400 wrote:
^^ You are not from Somaliland last time i checked you were a Kenyan citizen

Xaji what are the criteria to be considered a Somalilander? Is it lineage, qabil, residence?

SomaliPhilosopher;990402 wrote:
Loooooooooooool I am not a Kenyan citizen. btw there are is a huge number of Kenyan Somalilanders.

You mean ethnic Somalilandish people from Kenya, like Amina Muhammad Kenyan foreign minister they trace their lineage back to SL if they wish they can get the SL citizenship.

guleed_ali;990403 wrote:
Xaji what are the criteria to be considered a Somalilander? Is it lineage, qabil, residence?

Its based on a Somalilandish ethnicity and, citizenship is often also given to some residents people some Europeans Arabs and some Koonfurians.

^Xaaji, how do they check the criminal background of wannabe Somalilandish citizen? Do they have vetting system?

I see, so you're ethnic Somalilandish Somalilander who speak Somalilandish. That's too long dont you think?

Xaaji Xunjuf;990415 wrote:
^^ Depends if its a female it goes smoothly,
for a male it takes much longer

Looooooool Xaaji you tell things the way it is no sugar coating! Don't be looking to marry a Somalilander sister to try to score citizenship this ain't ingriiska or marykanka. Second question, can you hold koonfurian citizenship and Somaliland citizenship simultaneously?