Sign in to follow this  
Kaluun

ELECTION: How Puntland could be lost to terrorists

Kaluun   

Somalia's semi-autonomous region of Puntland is scheduled to hold a presidential election in early January 2014. The vote will be conducted only by 66 carefully selected lawmakers and will not be open to the general public.

So far over 25 candidates have expressed their interest for Puntland's top job. There is no elimination nor preliminary stages.

According to reliable information obtained by Hawdian Institute for Strategic Studies, at least five of Puntland's main candidates are said to have links with current and former extremist groups including Al-Itihaad al-Islamiya, Islamic Courts Union and al-Shabab.

Few of them have been said to have direct link with Sheikh Mohamed Said Atom, who is the head of al Shabab's Puntland wing in the Galgala mountains.

Those described as having links with radicals including:

1) Ali Hajji Warsame

1450804_682548268431205_756712621_n.jpg

2) Dr. Sadiq Eenow

eenow.jpg

3) Abdirahman Mohamed Gablah

gablax1.jpg

4) Al Haj Mohamed Yassin (Iley); a prominent-wealthy business man, Al Haji Mohamed made his fortunes in the real estate first in Zimbabwe then Kenya. He is stunt believe of Sharia Law and many of al Shabab's ideologies. In a 2010 interview in Kenya, he said he will implement Sharia Law across Somalia if he ever becomes the president. He said al Shabab were targeting the former transitional leader Sheikh Sharif because he betrayed them and that was half of their problem. He said the other half is Sharia and he has the answer to both of their demands.

Maxamed%20Yaasin3.jpg

In my opinion, the Al-Shabaab problem can be solved in two ways. First half of their attacks are targeted towards an individual Sheikh Sharrif whom they feel sold out on them. With him gone, 50 percent of their demands will have been met.

The other 50 percent of Al-Shabaab demands and that of other religious sects is to implement the Sharia Law and get rid of foreign troops from AMISOM who the official opposition claims are foreign invaders.

If elected I will implement the Sharia law in consultation with the Supreme Council of Religious Affairs. We will harsh out how and when to implement it given that the current parliament unanimously ratified its implementation. Lastly with political reconciliation and a competent local police and military we can ask the foreign troops to leave the country. The foreign jihadists will also be asked to disembark.

[Hoping for stability, Somalia moving toward choosing new parliament and president - The Associated Press (2003) http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-78802850.html]

Al Shabab sympathizers, financiers and leaders have already successfully infiltrated into Puntland's various apparatus and are awaiting for the perfect opportunity to gain full control.

The upcoming election will not only be a test for Puntland but for the whole region as terrorists shift their strategies. Radical groups continue to slowly pour into all major towns in Puntland. It was just days ago, when they carried out the deadliest attack in five years in the commercial port city of Bosasso leaving at least 8 dead. The car bomb likewise left scores injured many of them life threatening.

Their push into Puntland both militarily and politically is very real. The likes of Al Hajji continue to get funds from wealthy Qatari business associates under the pretext of charity or donations.

The current president of the region, Dr Abdirahman Farole, remains the only true leader who has proved himself before in such volatile region. He is equally considered the guardian of Somalia's Federal Constitution unlike his closest rival Dr. Abdiweli Gas, the former Prime Minister. Abdiweli is often described as an agent of Mogadishu's central government that believes in centralization policy.

The Hawdian Institute for Strategic Studies believes the region with the help of the international community should help the current President Dr Abdirahman Farole preserve and guide Puntland's stability and the decentralization process of Mogadishu. Both Mogadishu and al Shabab remain a critical threat.

hifss.png

Looool, when did the dog Faroole become a doctor, he was a mere taxi driver. Anyways, the man ruined Bari, I went to Bosaso on a old russian plane with cracks on the windows. Bosaso, the great city I left as a child became a dusty old town. He took all the money from the port and airport and put into Garowe. The runway could've came close to the Barbera one but he told the contractor to build it in Garowe, who'd want to build a runway in a village. Same with everything else, I'd rather see Atom in Bosaso than Faroole.

uchi   

^ Please... First of all, Farole was never a taxi driver, even if he was, there is no shame in working for your family to pay the bills, it beats asking for handouts from the tax payers.

Also Its one thing to advocate for your favourite city to get infrastructure & investment, and another to prefer Atom over Farole. My advice, do some research and learn more about Puntland's budget and how it's divided and stop commenting in the politics section again before people dismiss you as an *****.

uchi;990475 wrote:
^ Please... First of all, Farole was never a taxi driver, even if he was, there is no shame in working for your family to pay the bills, it beats asking for handouts from the tax payers.

Also Its one thing to advocate for your favourite city to get infrastructure & investment, and another to prefer Atom over Farole. My advice, do some research and learn more about Puntland's budget and how it's divided and stop commenting in the politics section again before people dismiss you as an *****.

Bro, this is got nothing to do with a budget. The guy is a dhaalim, faasiq, theif, you name it. Giving ONLF to the Ethiopians, stealing money, a scumbag, him and his sons. Ask any person from Bosaso to Qardho, everybody will tell you why the place is messed up and they all say Farole and his sons. May Allah destroy the gaaloraac. Insha'allah one day Bari and all of Somalia will be free from scumbags like him.

magicbird;990483 wrote:
Bro, this is got nothing to do with a budget. The guy is a dhaalim, faasiq, theif, you name it. Giving ONLF to the Ethiopians, stealing money, a scumbag, him and his sons. Ask any person from Bosaso to Qardho, everybody will tell you why the place is messed up and they all say Farole and his sons. May Allah destroy the gaaloraac. Insha'allah one day Bari and all of Somalia will be free from scumbags like him.

In shaa Allah!

uchi   

magicbird;990483 wrote:

Puntland does not need your kind of people, frothing in the mouth on garbage they have heard at their local cafe. People like yourself are a disgrace to Somali's everywhere and only exist to further the chaos that have engulfed the rest of Somalia for the past 20 years.

uchi;990499 wrote:
Puntland does not need your kind of people, frothing in the mouth on garbage they have heard at their local cafe. People like yourself are a disgrace to Somali's everywhere and only exist to further the chaos that have engulfed the rest of Somalia for the past 20 years.

No its the likes of you that'll turn Somalia into Nigeria or Congo, giving a blind eye to the corrupt leaders. Faroole isn't the first corrupt president, there was Adde before him that tried to sell all our oil for $5 million, and he surely isn't the last. I'm not going to watch idly by when my people suffer and their pockets get fatter. Somalia can become like Qatar or Oman in the next 20 years, only if Somalis are looking to change, but no, we have people like you who advocate for the thieves. We have the fifth largest oil reserves, what use is it when 90% of it will be taken by corrupt leaders, ministers and foreign companies. Norwegian people get 90% of their oil revenues, it then provides services needed.

Muslims aren't talkers we're doers, thats why when Umar ra said to the people straighten me out if I disobey Allah as a caliph, one man got up and said "don't worry we'll straighten you out with our swords". If you want to be an African slave owned by Shell or Exxon, go ahead but keep it to yourself.

uchi   

^ You have no idea what you are talking about. Where did you get that $5 million number from? Did you hear it from someone?

Please do not comment on things you have no idea about. "I will rather see Atom in Bosaso", please.

Morning all first, secondly every time i see some Ppl foulmouthing Puntland affairs ,suddenly my mind jumps are these ppl are the same ppl who caused the harm that is going in somalia, are there parents and relatives are the ones who killed and raped innocent somalis? what else motivates them to say such a henious words without any consideration of the lives of Puntlanders. Puntland is gone for good after the election blv me we are striving for Independence ,there is no room to get back with all these B A S T A R D S still roaming around freely. Just if yo don't like Punland affairs then turn your head to Mogadishu Gangs that is where perhaps you belong. Anyway I am going to vote! Puntland is the way forward.

Hawdian   

Khayr;990233 wrote:
"reliable information obtained by the Hawdian Institute for Strategic Policy" ....are you serious?

that's one institute I approve off it has a certain woow factor to its name.

Saalax   

Somalia is already worse than Nigeria or Congo. Particularly south Somalia, corruption has became so engraved in

their blood hence why the EU denied to give funds to Ulusow.

uchi;990514 wrote:
^ You have no idea what you are talking about. Where did you get that $5 million number from? Did you hear it from someone?

Please do not comment on things you have no idea about. "I will rather see Atom in Bosaso", please.

Sorry mate its not hearsay, the whole world knows it. Watch it from 31:07.

"That makes Puntland the only gov't that sold all its oil to one company".

Why is it always Puntlanders who shout Mugadisho this and Mugadisho that. Was it not a Puntlander that brought Xabashas to Mugadisho, was it not Omar Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke that tried to sell the southern coast of Somalia to Kenya (watch the video from 36:30). All that oil was about to go to Kenyan hands, but we were lucky the retard parliament of TFG denied it. Faroole is no different. I shall never follow a Somali politician, and insha'allah Somalia shall be from the scummy Politicians.