Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

We Are Somalilanders

^^ That it self depends the way the 2 separate from each other in the eyes of the international community, if the separation goes smoothly with out any strings attached and mutual respect is restored than that can happen if the The official dejure separation happens with allot of emotions and with allot of dishonesty and the separations happens very unfriendly and in a hostile way than it will take decades. Before regional blocks are formed knowing Somalis on both sides, no one is going to concede an inch in the favor of the other. 23 years of dispute and counting should ring some bells. In an ideal world geedki berdaha inta la fadhisto ba la gar naqsan laha but thats impossible. I mean even countries who went their separate ways in a very friendly way Sudan and South sudan even though those 2 didnt exactly went their separate in a friendly way but they are still in conflict. A better example is Eritrea and Ethiopia. I think its an African thing the Somalia and Somaliland conflict is not an exception we can hope for the best, inu ilaah runta fahansiyo.

Somalia is has been a sick nation in its death bed for the last two decades with no pathalogical diagnose to what ails it. I used to be an ardent unionist but realised that the advocates of Somaliweyn are mostly the thieves, organized mafia and dishonest.

Somalis should be prescribed the suicidal poison they love it. The International community and the world at large will be relieved of their never ending begging and constant niic and naac.

Somaliland should go its way, Khatumo and Awdal their way, Puntland its way, and lastly but not least Koonfur and their Bantu brethren their way as well.

Good for you Maryooley, who cares when you perish. At least others with little space to live will have a free land to benefit from.

Cadale   

somalia,SL, is better of getting balkanized. I don't have a lot of hope too many problems to solve.Nin walbo deegankiisa uun haku ekaado

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;989419 wrote:
It was called British Somaliland we remove the British and call it Somaliland makes sense to me , Somalia is called Somalia, former Italian Somalia Djibouti was called Djibouti Territoire français des Afars et des Issas, and Somaliland is called Somaliland. And then there is NFD northern frontier district or kenya's north eastern province., and than there is the Somali Kilil under Xabashi Bondage. Somaliland is not going to drop the Somali name ,for the Koonfurans Somali is part of the heritage and culture of the people of Somaliland. Somali makes sense in Somaliland 100% of the people of Somaliland are of pure ethnic Somali stock with Somali as the native language , in Somalia more than 25% of Somali population are assimilated Somalis. In Djibouti half of the population are of an Afar ethnic group. The Somaliland name makes sense in Somaliland. i am not necessarily against pan Somalism aslong as its done in the vision of the people of Somaliland separate nation states,and unity in the same form of the Europeans The Somalis in Somaliland and the Somalis in Djibouti and the Somalis in Kenya and the Somalis under Xabashis can all cooperate based on equality justice and partnership in maybe 50 years time. But the old days of Somaliland is part of Somalia and a union based on qiiro japan and hatred and jealousy and pseudo nationalism is not going to work.

Which is why in my opinion the regional boundaries in the 60s should have been based upon the clan states at that time e.g. Maakhir-lot sultanate, Bari-lot sultanate, Joorre (where I'm from) etc. and have the power devolved to them and a unity government in Xamar. A sort of federation of the qabiils if you like. It would have been much fairer and no clan would have been able to oppress and massacre another clan.

Haatu   

As for this current debate, haddii ay XX iyo xulafadiisa dhab ka tahay, then marxaba. Qabiil walbow goosa oo mooradaada atoorkeeda noqo. No need to make it complicated. Let each clan go it's separate way. We're tired of this nonsense.

^^ in Somaliland no clan massacred each other this strictly happened in Somalia only, in Somaliland there is a traditional culture of elders reconciling the differences between the people. Thats why the Grand son of The Sultan of Maakhir in the late 19 century Ina Cali shire , today's sit with the grand nephew of Ibrahim Bohgul President silanyo Even though their 2 grandfathers differed in the 19 century and fought tribal wars yet they were inter linked. But if the the Sultan of Maakhir wants to have his own eastern sanaag maakhir republic no one is stopping him does he want that?

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;989790 wrote:
^^ in Somaliland no clan massacred each other this strictly happened in Somalia only, in Somaliland there is a traditional culture of elders reconciling the differences between the people. Thats why the Grand son of The Sultan of Maakhir in the late 19 century Ina Cali shire , today's sit with the grand nephew of Ibrahim Bohgul President silanyo Even though their 2 grandfathers differed in the 19 century and fought tribal wars yet they were inter linked. But if the the Sultan of Maakhir wants to have his own eastern sanaag maakhir republic no one is stopping him does he want that?

As I said Xaaji, ama unite in Somalinimo ama let each qabiil go his own way. There's no need for sob stories. Warka wuu cad yahay. If I was the President of Somalia I would make that a condition.

Haatu;989792 wrote:
As I said Xaaji, ama unite in Somalinimo ama let each qabiil go his own way. There's no need for sob stories. Warka wuu cad yahay. If I was the President of Somalia I would make that a condition.

i have no problem with it but uniting Somalis under a political entity is not definition of Somalinimo or is it who gave it that definition. But i support it definitely, hada la kale tegeyo wixi so dhaweynaya waan so dhaweynaya i even support sub clan self determination i also believe there should be 2 khatumo states one in taleex and one Buhoodle as we see it now.

Xaaji Xunjuf;989790 wrote:
^^ in Somaliland no clan massacred each other this strictly happened in Somalia only, in Somaliland there is a traditional culture of elders reconciling the differences between the people. Thats why the Grand son of The
Sultan of Maakhir in the late 19 century Ina Cali shire
, today's sit with the grand nephew of Ibrahim Bohgul President silanyo Even though their 2 grandfathers differed in the 19 century and fought tribal wars yet they were inter linked. But if the the Sultan of Maakhir wants to have his own eastern sanaag maakhir republic no one is stopping him does he want that?

First you tell me I'm not welcome in Somaliland, and then you're talking about reconciling with my ancestors. Come on Xajji you can't have your cake and eat it too....

Xaaji Xunjuf;989799 wrote:
Stop claiming other peoples ancestors this is your last warning

Looool Xaji! I'm serious most people don't believe me when I say I'm from Sanaag. I'm not your typical suit and tie Qurbajoog Sanaag guy. Some of my Uncles who haven't seen me in years are suprised when they see me lol. I guess that's what happens when you get brainwashed by Wahabiis and Salafis ;) oh well I guess I gotta live with it. Maybe one day we'll have a cup of Shah over neutral ground Xajji, say Las Qoray maybe.....