Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

The Phenotype of the Qurbajoog Somali

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a subtle but evident physical difference with the Somali in Denmark and the Somali in Kenya, or the Somali in Canada and the Somali in Saudi Arabia, and even the Somali in America and the Somali in England.

This is in not in regards to the newcomer and is not present in everyone. But I can't help but wonder. I feel the qurbajoog Somali phenotype evolves and adopts characteristics of the local populace i.e UK Somali has adopted characteristics of the "english" look and hence looks different than the Dutch Somali who has adopted dutch characteristics. Perhaps this is an already established scientific thing or utter BS.

What do y'all think?

Haatu   

I think it has to do with the shelter from the sun and the diet which they receive in the West which gives them a more "healthy" look. I've noticed that the people in old videos from Xamar looked much better than the ones you see there today.

Ha Haatu, there is a notable difference in the Somali abroad and the Somali in Somalia. But before the conversation diverts, I am talking about a difference within the Somalis outside of the Somali 'zone' - a difference in the "UK" Somalia and the "Saudi" Somali, and the "American" Somali and the "Dutch" Somali.

***Somali zone-- Somalia, Somaliland, Somali galbeed, , NFD (somalis in nairobi are fair game)

Haatu;988698 wrote:
What differences do you see between the qurbojoog Somalis? To me they look normal.

A difference within the qurbojoog Somali i.e. the UK Somali has adopted characteristics of the "english" look and hence looks different than the Dutch Somali who has adopted dutch characteristics. To me, it seems there is a distinguishable look between the Somalis in accordance to their 'adopted' country.

certainly there r differences between U.S & Europe i.e dress,behavior.Americans r easy going,talk ,smile much & even less casual in dress.Europeans on otha hand uptight,aloof & love to put their suit & shining shoes( and the English,oooh too smart for me),looks come with that.Forget about rest of world,they far detached from both above.

Waxee kaliya ku kala duwanyihiin waa labiska. Dhalinta Reer Holland, tusaale ahaan, isla markii waa soo saari kartaa. Dhar ku dhag dhagan ayee gishtaan iyo timo la qooye oo jeelo laga buuxiye. Qaar ka mid ah Reer Iskaandineefiya waa iska saas camal iyagana.

Reer Ingiriiska, kuwa marfishka dilay, waa soo qaban kartaa iyagana. Dad bil qabeysan u egyihiin. Reer Mareykan, kuwooda 'yo-yoga' iska dhigo iyagana waala keeni karaa, kuwa shaqada xun dishay iyagana waala soo qaban karaa iyagoo u muuqdo dad rafaadsan oo nafaqo aanan afkooda gilin waligood.

Reer Imaaraadka iyo Khaliijka kale, kuwaas dumarkooda iscaddeynta ayee qalad ka fahmeen oo aad iyo aad isku caddeeyaan waa meesha ay 'dayaana' ku dhamaatay. Iyagoo iscaddeeye haddana boorbaro isa sii mariyaan markaas ayee maro cad socoto oo jini la moodo u ekaadaan.

Kulmiye   

I really dont pay much attention to physical details as I have a locked assumption in terms of our genetic traits. But attitude wise there is a great differences. I havent been to U.K or anywhere in Europe but I had a lot family visited the states from wide range of places across Europe and I noticed that they're not settle at all. very upbeat, especially the ones from UK. But then again attitude varies from person to person and its hard to put on ice that they're "ALL THE SAME"