Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Somali girl rebels against Hijab, throws it in the snow

DoctorKenney;989435 wrote:
We don't need to explain ourselves to Atheist dogs like him.

burahadeer;989503 wrote:
leave to others like Gulaid to engage with me.....you have nothing to show for except personal attacks.

burahadeer;989530 wrote:
@Guleed....thanks bro, you'r a good man.

Sometimes, it's more about the messengers than the message.

burahadeer;989556 wrote:
^^^^I commend him for the way he carries himself but still not on the same page:D

Thanks again, we don't have to agree to respect each other. We can disagree and still respect one another.

Khayr   

How do you respect someone that mocks your identity and values?

I have no respect for someone

that disrespects what is beloved to me. Kufr and Iman don't mix.

Khayr;989562 wrote:
How do you respect someone that mocks your identity and values?

I have no respect for someone

that disrespects what is beloved to me. Kufr and Iman don't mix.

Do you recall the story of the Jewish man that confronted the messenger of Allah (Sallahu calyhi wa salam) and accused him of not paying back his debts on time and demanded his money. Umar (RA) was ready to lay a beating to the man as only Umar can. The messenger of Allah (Sallahu calyhi wa salam) stopped him and when the man left he gave Umar some money and a box of dates to settle his debt. When Umar asked I understand what the money is for but not the dates he said the dates are for scaring the daylights out of the man. When the Jewish man received the dates and understood the reason behind it he came back to the messenger of Allah (Sallahu calyhi wa salam) and said that he was just testing him to see how he would react. The man became Muslim and the rest is history.

Do you need another reason why?

Khayr   

Where does the comparison lay

in a debtor that asked for his money back? Surely, you

are not implying that we should ignore our responsibilities that

we have with others because

they are disrespectful or harsh towards us? Pay your debt and fulfill your obligations.

There is no tolerance

towards disrespect.

The incident comes to

mind when Umarً(رضى الله عنه)

wanted the Badr captives to be

excuted but the Prophet(صل الله عليه وسلم) wanted to ransom them

off. A sign of forgiveness

and mercy. Guess who intervened

and took Umar's side?

Khayr;989585 wrote:
Where does the comparison lay

in a debtor that asked for his money back? Surely, you

are not implying that we should ignore our responsibilities that

we have with others because

they are disrespectful or harsh towards us? Pay your debt and fulfill your obligations.

There is no tolerance

towards disrespect.

The incident comes to

mind when Umarً(رضى الله عنه)

wanted the Badr captives to be

excuted but the Prophet(صل الله عليه وسلم) wanted to ransom them

off. A sign of forgiveness

and mercy. Guess who intervened

and took Umar's side?

Please don't twist my words, you know what I meant. It wasn't the debt that was the issue it's how the man disrespected Al Sadiq Al Ameen and yet he was still merciful with him.

How did Allah (Subhanahu wa tacala) tell Musa (Calyhi asalam) to treat Fircoon. Did he not say:

فَقُولَا لَهُ ۥ قَوۡلاً۬ لَّيِّنً۬ا لَّعَلَّهُ ۥ يَتَذَكَّرُ أَوۡ يَخۡشَىٰ

And speak unto him a gentle word, that peradventure he may heed or fear.

Surely you're not comparing burahadeer to Fircoon!

Khayr   

وَقَالَ مُوسَىٰ رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ آتَيْتَ فِرْعَوْنَ وَمَلَأَهُ زِينَةً وَأَمْوَالًا فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا رَبَّنَا لِيُضِلُّوا عَن سَبِيلِكَ رَبَّنَا اطْمِسْ عَلَىٰ أَمْوَالِهِمْ وَاشْدُدْ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِهِمْ فَلَا يُؤْمِنُوا حَتَّىٰ يَرَوُا الْعَذَابَ الْأَلِيمَ

And Musa said: Our Lord! surely Thou hast given to Firon and his chiefs finery and riches in this world's life, to this end, our Lord, that they lead (people) astray from Thy way: Our Lord! destroy their riches and harden their hearts so that they believe not until they see the painful punishment.

That is the dua that Musa made for فرعون.

Being gentle initially and being gentle after being spat on are two different things.

Let us not confuse the two.

Khayr;989620 wrote:
وَقَالَ مُوسَىٰ رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ آتَيْتَ فِرْعَوْنَ وَمَلَأَهُ زِينَةً وَأَمْوَالًا فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا رَبَّنَا لِيُضِلُّوا عَن سَبِيلِكَ رَبَّنَا اطْمِسْ عَلَىٰ أَمْوَالِهِمْ وَاشْدُدْ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِهِمْ فَلَا يُؤْمِنُوا حَتَّىٰ يَرَوُا الْعَذَابَ الْأَلِيمَ

And Musa said: Our Lord! surely Thou hast given to Firon and his chiefs finery and riches in this world's life, to this end, our Lord, that they lead (people) astray from Thy way: Our Lord! destroy their riches and harden their hearts so that they believe not until they see the painful punishment.

That is the dua that Musa made for فرعون.

Being gentle initially and being gentle after being spat on are two different things.

Let us not confuse the two.

I always thought of Fircoon as the one who said (أنا ربكم الأعلى) I am your highest Lord. I guess Fircoon was Hafiz Quran when Musa (Calyhi asalam) went to see him. Khayr I can't sit and argue with you after your last statement. I ask Allah to guide us all on his straight path.

To be honest, the present day Hijab is overrated, much like the polygamy, the diyah and many other traits we, men, use to oppress our sisters. This could be partly because of a) our assumption that anything from the Arabian Gulf is deen; or b) pure masculine arrogance.

Somalis were Muslims for many centuries and our girls were wearing go' and garbasaar, and even those who weren't wearing go' and garbasaar were better Muslim girls than the Arab traditionalist women influenced by the ego centered Pan Wahabist men.

Wadani   

Wing Wizard;990019 wrote:
To be honest, the present day Hijab is overrated, much like the polygamy, the diyah and many other traits we, men, use to oppress our sisters. This could be partly because of a) our assumption that anything from the Arabian Gulf is deen; or b) pure masculine arrogance.

Somalis were Muslims for many centuries and our girls were wearing go' and garbasaar, and even those who weren't wearing go' and garbasaar were better Muslim girls than the Arab traditionalist women influenced by the ego centered Pan Wahabist men.

Another Kaafir. You'll feel at home on SOL, unfortunately.

Wadani;990021 wrote:
Another Kaafir. You'll feel at home on SOL, unfortunately.

Please elaborate, because instead of playing the ball (the topic) you're playing the man (the poster).

Wing Wizard;990024 wrote:
Please elaborate, because instead of playing the ball (the topic) you're playing the man (the poster).

Seefta waa kugu dhici leheed hadiid gabo laheen! Aadaale aadaa!

The Girls has absolutely no blame. Her father failed her before she failed him.

The Father must take the responsibility, hadii si fiican u soo korin lahaa, dhaqan xumadan lama timaadeen.

It amazes me the number of parents, who act surprised when their special little snowflake commits some edeb-daro, really you had no idea this would happen ?, have you disciplined them appropriately and guided them when they were younger ? , maya sow mahan .. then as we used to say ama afeef hore ama adkaysi danbe