Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Somali girl rebels against Hijab, throws it in the snow

Khayr;989183 wrote:
5 star vacations in Ecuador when the majority there don't make more than your hourly min. per hour wage in a day.

Solution = issue a fatwa condemning them to hell-fire for eternity.

the gallo folks have it easier here, in this life. we are waiting for our privileges in the hereafter. people of the global south, our time will come.

thefuturenow;989162 wrote:
To look at the native, quantify her, and pity her. And then to engage in a discourse entirely alien to the native in order to fashion and dictate a new mode of living until she becomes just as the oriental imagined she
should
be .

that's epic.

i will accept somali girl to wear their traditional nomadic way with little bit make up that will be nice.. not arabic style nor european style just somali way. .;)

Jacpher   

Marksman;989189 wrote:
Let's ask a simple question. Would you accept some Somali women in a future Somalia to not wear a hijab? Yes or no.

As if that's up to few nomads on an internet forum.

Burahadeer: Waryee there are plenty more Islamic laws Iran and Saudia don't implement. Does that imply they ain't no Muslims too? Doing something or not doing it is one thing, and the written Islamic law is another. You seem to be confusing the two. Niqab not being practiced in Somalia in the eighties, or Iran or Saudia enforcing it, or oppressing the rights of women or honor killing in other countries, has little to do with the laws of Islam.

Marksman   

spartacus;989191 wrote:
i will accept somali girl to wear their traditional nomadic way with little bit make up that will be nice.. not arabic style nor european style just somali way. .
;)

This was back in the days. Looking great and cultural as well. People seemed very comfortable with their choices, cultural and religious expression. (not only based on the pic btw)

tumblr_mw1wssD5Gc1shotbuo1_1280.jpg

Hawdian   

Marksman;989189 wrote:
Let's ask a simple question. Would you accept some Somali women in a future Somalia to not wear a hijab? Yes or no.

Horta adigu gorma suyal saxa dad ka weeydineysa . Suashada waa khalad ee isasax oo isku noqo. Ma iss fahamney ?

Marksman;989195 wrote:
This was back in the days. Looking great and cultural as well. People seemed very comfortable with their choices, cultural and religious expression. (not only based on the pic btw)

that's what I'm talking man. it's unique well defined the dress is fit with their body structure skinny tall, now we have a lot of fat faarax and obese xalimos, people back in the days were hardworking!

Marksman;989195 wrote:

these folks are from Tamil Nadu. naga ciyaarta.

Safferz;989165 wrote:
Consider re-reading it as it
should
be read

I will let Khayr explain.

Khayr;989183 wrote:
they feel an "intellectual" right is given to

them to frame the question, define the problem when they are part and parcel of the problem

and dictate to the rest what the "
only
" valid options are that are available for developing a solution.

Marksman;989195 wrote:

Leave it to the African to post pictures of himself in a loincloth, saying "LOOK HOW GREAT WE USED TO BE."

Guje   

Where is the loincloth ?? :confused:

spartacus is on to something, the elegant somali physique is no more. the hijab is not necessarily a bad idea afterall.

Marksman;989229 wrote:
thefuturenow....and you're like 'LOOK AT US NOW?' Your apathy towards choice makes me wonder for your sanity.

This is not about choice. This is about vision. Anyone with a vision can understand and measure progress. Your vision just so happens to conflict with mine. Thus, you view progress differently than I.