Sign in to follow this  
Kaluun

I support the formation of RRA-Land

Kaluun   

As an individual who has ties to both Somaliland and Ethiopia, I welcome the formation of RRA-Land (Southwest State of Somalia). No one is more victim than Somalia's dead central system and the hateful administration in Mogadishu. The suffering of this region is not new nor limited to the last 22 years. Even under Barre it was a no go zone but the people in the region never complain.

Just in 1992-1993, they lost more than 300,000 people because Barre's fleeing militia looted the region while militia loyal to warlord Aideed blockaded the region. Majority of them died from starvation.

The creation of Southwest State is the beginning of them having a voice and eventually freedom from Mogadishu.

I find it funny how Cullusow was and still secretly remains opposed to Jubbaland, Southwest State but he entertains the two-men Hiiraan State.

Southwest State is neutural when it comes to Somaliland issues and its largely pro-Ethiopia region.

Hargeisa should join supporting certain federal states across the border and not just sit back and let others rearrange the region. The leaders of Southwest State should be invited to Hargeisa. I know Addis Ababa will right away.

Shirka_maamulka_sameynta_Baydhabo.JPG

Shirka Maamul-sameyta gobollada Koonfur-galbeed ee Somalia ee ka socda Magaalada Baydhabo oo u Gudbay Wajigii Labaad

Jimco, November 29, 2013 (HOL) — Shirka ka socda magaalada Baydhabo ee la doonayo in lagu dhiso maamul ay yeeshaan lix gobol oo ku yaalla Koonfurta iyo Galbeedka Somalia ayaa u gudbay wajigiisii labaad sida ay u sheegeen warbaahinta guddiga shirkan maamulka u haya.

Guddiga ayaa sheegay in wajigii koowaad ee shirka uu ahaa mid ay isku-baranayeen ergooyinka shirka ka qaybgalaya laguna dajinayay qorshaha maamulka lagu sameynayo, kaasoo maanta ayaa lasoo gaba-gabeeyay.

“Shirku wuxuu galay wajigiisii labaad, wajiganna waa kii lagu soo dhisayay maamulka lixda gobol ay yeelanayaan, waxaana qaybtan labaad ay si rasmi ah u billaabanaysaa maalinta Sabtida ah ee soo socota,” ayay guddigu ugu sheegeen warbaahinta magaalada Baydhabo.

Guddigu waxay sheegeen in wajigan labaad ay howshiisu culus tahay lana qaybinayo ergooyinka shirka ka qaybgalaya si ay koox walba u soo diyaariso qayb ka mid ah howsha, kuwaasoo ay ka mid yihiin: qorista Dastuurka uu maamulkan yeelanayo, ansixintiisa, doorshada baarlamaanka maamulka iyo doorashada madaxweyaha.

Shirkan ka socda Baydhabo ayaa waxaa dhawaan sugidda ammankiisa la wareegay ciidamada Midowga Afrika ee AMISOM, iyadoo ergooyinka qaar ka mid ah ay sheegeen in arrintan ay ku timid kulan dhexmaray iyaga iyo ergayga Midowga Afrika ku qaabilsan Soomaaliya, Maxamed Saalax Al-Nadiif.

Maxamed Xaaji Xuseen, Hiiraan Online

Muqdisho, Soomaaliya

Kaluun   

The whole region is linked economically, socially, politically and culturally. Before they shape you, you have to shape them is my motto and something I am trying to teach the often maskiin and none-opportunistic Landers.

Having a diplomatic outpost in the door steps of Mogadishu is very strategic. Besides we have no beef with the people of RRA. You can't lump them with the rest of the trouble makers. I think they deserve a chance to be heard without operating under the Mogadishu shirt.

My deal is simple. We support Southwest State politically and economically. Hargeisa should sign economic accord with them to begin with which calls for;

1) 20% of Somaliland fruits and veggies needs should come from Southwest State (Bay, Bakool farms). No fruit or veggies are to be imported from other parts of the south. To be transported via air or Ethiopia. All it takes is twice weekly flights (cargo).

2) All S.S. livestock should be exported via Maydh port (to be developed/constructed).

Kaluun   

X. Xunjuf,

That's the kind of perception and mentality that doesn't help Somaliland in any form or shape. It should be kept personal. The people of Somaliland are almost 4 million and if they can find someone that speaks Dinka in South Sudan, I assure you they can handle the Maymaay.

The people of Southwest State speak fluent Somali and their own Maymaay, which isn't that different to mainstream Somali and Oromo. People strike deals and reach political understanding not because they have common language but because they have common interest.

I would appreciate if you questioned their interest as opposed to their language. I am interest in their aspirations, dreams, ideologies, views and understanding than the differences in 'dee' and 'ariiray'.

In order to understand their ideologies, interest and agenda---that's why we need intelligence there rather than just observe things from Shacabka suburb---Hargeisa.

I should be involved in SL politics for real. A lot would change. My policies are simple; focus internal development and play role in neighboring Somalia's politics including the federal system. Our interest is the decentralization and eventually weakening of Mogadishu. The more federal states we support the better.

We don't need Dr Bidar wasting $20k per month on some Western PR firm or him going on 100 trips per month only to come back with the same old lies.

The secret is internal and inside Somalia. The more allies we form inside Somalia the more cards we can pull against Mogadishu and eventually negotiate deals whatever that might be. It's a pyramid scheme, everyone gets their share...but isolating yourselves amongst the Somalis and trying to achieve everything solo and eat every bounty on your own yet complain when the Konfur get their cake is not on.

You have to find masakiin in Konfur and play Robbin Hood on them.

Xaaji Xunjuf;988441 wrote:
Ma xuma laakin yaa ino af garan.

lol

MMA can be your translator.

I heard this reer waqooyi old guy who took a bus destined to Waqooyi passing through Bakool and Ethiopia, he fall sleep when the bus departed from Xamar and woke up when it arrived in xudur to refuel and have break, some street market girls jumped on the bus selling cigs and sweets shouting "sigaar fadaase, luubaan fadaase, ariiroow fadaase" the old man opened his eyes dazed and confused and said "Waryee, war goormeynu Tanzania so gallay".;)

Kaluun   

looooool @ gorman Tanzania so gallay, typical.

First time I heard Maymaay, I was laughing for few good hours. I never heard it before I mean I didn't even know it existed. My best friend was and I never seen him speak it until one day at uni, he received a called.

I said to him; 'Wallahi sxb you speak funny Oromo, ma Afaan Borana?"

Haaahahahahaahaha @moonlight thats a thing a lander would say.

Waryaa kaluun i have no problem with reer may may or any region of somalia as long as they support somaliland seperation from somalia, somaliland should return the favor and support them any clan region tribe or subclan that wants to have warm relations with somaliland is welcome.

Reer May may have suffered the most during this brutal civil war along with our brothers from j.weyn, and reer gedo have been hit severely since the drought in 2011. I ask Allah to alleviate the pain our mothers and sisters from these places.

Kaluun   

Xaaji,

People can't automatically support you. Often you have to be the one that takes the initiatives when its your own interest at stake. One of the things I disagree with SL is its policy of isolation when it comes to Somalia and its affairs. War everyone has their fingers in Somalia be it Kenya, Djibouti, Yemen, Ethiopia, Uganda---adna maxa ku diiday?

Mel yar iska radso that at least grows you some mango :)

If somaliland was seperate in the eyes of the world than i would not mind having fingers in the affairs of somalia. But we cannot afford to mix our selves with the koonfurians its goood to build friendship down south. But your right ano ethnic afro hashimate had most of the reer may may under alshabaab, its not hard to support them, its not bad to empower the minorities in somalia.

Kaluun   

That's where I differ. Why you so concerned about what the IC thinks or where it sees you having Shaah? Ma ilahayba reer galbeedku?

I don't care if the whites see me doing deeds in Xamar, Kismayo or mixing mud clay in Baydhabo. Adeer that's my business. Waxan ku lee yahay, war whether I meddle in their affairs like yourself or not waxan kala nahay laba wadan.

That mentality is wrong that if West sees you playing role in Konfur they will think your part of the game or onboard with their agenda. Waxba iga ma galin. If I can get 20 pro-SL 'MPs' into Mogadishu parliament I would be a happy man maxa iga galay. Next I would ask them to secretly stamp my papers for aid, military (as the stable part of "Somalia"), development. Markan hormar ku gadho maxa iga galay hadan shatiga Konfur, kan South Sudan iyo kan undercover uu xidhay. End of the day its about politics not about ya lagugu sawiirin. That's the mentality high school girls play with yo-yo boys.

I'm gonna get the job done si kastaba.

Recognizing the likes of Southwest State and extending them an invitation is a great play card. Even when your not recognized you have to talk, walk and do business like one and play big ball with the big regional boys. Why Ethiopia and Kenya scavenging over Somalia? Why not take your piece?

Wadani   

Xaaji Xunjuf;988465 wrote:
If somaliland was seperate in the eyes of the world than i would not mind having fingers in the affairs of somalia. But we cannot afford to mix our selves with the koonfurians its goood to build friendship down south. But your right ano ethnic afro hashimate had most of the reer may may under alshabaab, its not hard to support them,
its not bad to empower the minorities in somalia

The reer may may aren't a minority, but this largely sedentary and peaceful community has been politically marginalized by the aggressive and expantionist pastoralist clans from northern and central Somalia. But things are changing now oo laga baray laga badi ayay sheekadii isku badashay lol.

Kaluun   

The Maymaay are very useful agriculture based community that can supply 20-30% of SL's fruit and veggie needs without Mogadishu's nepotist taxation and interference thus supporting them is key to our future supplies.

They can even come to Gabiley and teach us farming techniques hehehehehe.

Wadani   

Kaluun;988467 wrote:
That's where I differ. Why you so concerned about what the IC thinks or where it sees you having Shaah? Ma ilahayba reer galbeedku?

I don't care if the whites see me doing deeds in Xamar, Kismayo or mixing mud clay in Baydhabo. Adeer that's my business. Waxan ku lee yahay, war whether I meddle in their affairs like yourself or not waxan kala nahay laba wadan.

That mentality is wrong that if West sees you playing role in Konfur they will think your part of the game or onboard with their agenda. Waxba iga ma galin. If I can get 20 pro-SL 'MPs' into Mogadishu parliament I would be a happy man maxa iga galay. Next I would ask them to secretly stamp my papers for aid, military (as the stable part of "Somalia"), development. Markan hormar ku gadho maxa iga galay hadan shatiga Konfur, kan South Sudan iyo kan undercover uu xidhay. End of the day its about politics not about ya lagugu sawiirin. That's the mentality high school girls play with yo-yo boys.

I'm gonna get the job done si kastaba.

Recognizing the likes of Southwest State and extending them an invitation is a great play card. Even when your not recognized you have to talk, walk and do business like one and play big ball with the big regional boys. Why Ethiopia and Kenya scavenging over Somalia? Why not take your piece?

Kaluun u bring a needed fresh and unique perspective to the forum. And I agree Somaliland's isolationist policies aren't working, even though Kulmiye has done a somewhat better job of opening up than the previous UDUB administration of Riyaale, which had a no engagement policy with the south.