Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland signs 60 million aid package with Britain and Denmark SL development fund launched

Kaluun   

Galbeedi,

The reason nothing was done in SL is because first the nation was conceived in a battle field and the people went through a number of phases as did the nation.

1) War

2) Rehabilitation and reconstruction

3) Ixtiraaf-doon obsession.

The people only had three mentalities and the 'politicians' thought these three are what works and they must play by the playbooks of the masses and not try something 'new and innovative'.

Some people are stuck in war era and mental set and 24/7 feel the need to defend 'Somaliland' even online. The Diaspora suffers most from this symptom.

The biggest group feels they are still in 'rehabilitation and reconstruction' era and don't have time or energy for hospitals, roads because in their views people need 'my house, his house, her house' before having 'our hospitals, our roads'.

Marka waxay ku jiiran 'me me' mentality, there is no 'we'.

Finally the third group is ixtiraaf (some spell it ictiraaf by I keep it unique) doon madness. They see no hospitals, roads or school being built without ixtiraaf. If the kid in the street asks the most senior politicians: "Adeer we need more schools" he will get the responds: "War naga amus adeero ixtiirafki lama hayo oo wax lama qaban kare"

The last group is the one I hate the most. They are optimists who only know how to sit back and wait for the eagle to feed them worms while they are crow species.

After 22 years, one would think by now SL would reach phase 4 and ixtiraaf should not be a solo bridge but one that is parallel to all things and all plans. In the last few months, waxa moda, the Kulmiye adm. is finally getting the picture that true Landers don't give a fk about ixtiraaf and Dr Bidaar's lies. They need jobs, development and programmes that enhance their basic lives such as the eastern road (Burao-Erigavo). Great initiatives in my opinion. For years I have been strongly opposed to SL and still not inline with them on many things but I don't jump because they said jump in Madaxtooyo. Marka Landers have to think rational and less on emotions. Ixtiraaf-doon is the biggest emotional abuse on the public.

4) State development and intra-integrations.

Cheers,

I am the true Hawdian.

@Galbeedi...I don't belong to any party; supported riyale & support silanyo now and the latter has done much.I don't follow party line but what you don't follow is how much private sector has accomplished.Have you been to small villages esp along the highways between big towns,yes they have 24 ligt,schools,,,what about 24 hr running water except in hargeisa which sometimes have difficulty & they working on it.What about universities,what about the 2 bridges in hargeisa & burao(first done by Somali),what about booming business that you can get almost anything,what about Dhabshiil,Indhadeero,Omaar etc...did they get help from NGO's.What about all these multi million Bacadlayaal.What about telecommunication..hahaa did the EC help thm.?! Most hospitals were renovated & supplied by ordinary people,yes gov't & some NGO's later come with little help that didn't last beyond year.Who was paying teachers for almost 20yrs before current admin took ova..it was the people. My friend I concentrate on what people r doing for thmslvs...Mogadishu has much more help last 20yrs into the billions and nothing to show for.And lastly who built all these beautiful mansions in hargeisa , Burao etc in what was barren land in 91.

Are you aware of all the private schools,hospitals.....who built all these nice beautiful hotels?

NGO's r not in my book & most of the money end up in their pockets.Yes know SL getting help time to time from outside,but believe me the larger population write that off or care less...these NGO's have yet to show something tangible.

There r so many little projects done by people whetha coca cola,beverages,meat factory,beeyo,small scale farming,roads etc.

Tallaabo   

Everyone is missing the point here. There are no two beggars in the former Somalia Republic but just one- Somalia. As for Somaliland receiving aid from the international community there is absolutely no shame in that. Somalia is a beggar because despite having international recognition and everything that goes with it, it has made a business of harassing the world for hand-outs. On the other hand, Somaliland is denied her rightful recognition by the international community and so cannot trade effectively with other countries, has got no access to credit, and is not benefiting from direct foreign investment. So any help that is given to Somaliland by friendly countries cannot be called begging because Somaliland has no other choice.

galbeedi   

now you talking common sense. I agree with you and I should have mentioned that the people and the business community have contributed great deal. In fact they are the foundations of progress.