Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Prof samatar Somalias leaders think they own the Country,+Somaliland political culture is unique

Samater is right, it bewilders anyone closely monitoring Somalia .How they think they the center of everything and yet keep failing for 23 successive years.Can't build peaceful foundation or come together let alone unite Somalis.

Hawdian   

Good on Samatar one must acknowledge the good in Somaliland and correct the bad. Also This man is born and bred in Gabiley and rightly its in the republic of Somaliland his homecountry which should be his priority not another place .

Prof samatar came a long way and he understands what is at stake he also understood the ways of the Koonfurians and the way they conduct their daily Tribalistic affairs.

Xaaji Xunjuf;988179 wrote:
Prof samatar came a long way and he understands what is at stake he also understood the ways of the Koonfurians and the way they conduct their daily Tribalistic affairs.

Irony. You really don't get it mate, do ya?

Kaluun   

Prof. Samatar was not against SL for a good reason. It was mainly about his own ego more than principles. When he went to Mogadishu, he discovered the reality and realized that his ego was getting him no where. He was a foot soldier for Konfur and the imaginary Somaliweyn simply he wanted to please his own ego and appear like an idol for the Konfuristanis. When he went to Mogadishu they showed him that his free labor meant nothing and he was no body in the south...the reality is Mogadisu belongs to only certain group. It's not only him that experienced that but he was the highest profile.

End of the day, it comes down to: Haybad waxad ku ledahay dhulkaga hooyo. Even I was pro-union not anymore.

Kaluun every somalilanders was at some stage pro union some in the 90s some in the eay 2000 it took samatar up to 2013. And that he would amount to nothing in mogadishu and how much he loved the blue flag it only serves the koonfurians. At the end of the day hargeisa is his home.

Hawdian   

@ Kaluun. Its clear that Samatar like many Northernes did not have any idea what the political situation is in xamar . He thought he could come and be given whats he wished was his rightfull seat. Well that's not how the south is the xamar political system is way different and for one to understand that one has to look back in history to the colonial period , the unification of the two states, the civil war and Somaliland leaving the union, post 1991 tfgs . Even today you can see with the continual infighting between their president and primie minister that the people in the south has one system and they seem to like it that way. As one famous warlord from xamar said Waxe dhimanaya ha dhimtaan as long has reerkigu heestan kursiga. One thing Reer waqooye never understand is you have seen so many of them being open to some kind of negotiation or power sharing have you ever met one southern politician who supports the right of Somaliland independence or one civilian I doubt so try to explain to these people that this is the will of the majority of Somalilanders . On the contrast what you will hear is that Northernes should forget all the killing and just start on a fresh page- for them the killing of 100,000 people and the total bombardment of the North is just a note in their book. As we are so far Away politically and on a human scale from these people let us just hope that we can say goodbye to eachother in a friendly way. And that's where the Somaliland - Reer Somaliya talks comes into play.

Hawdian you are viewing it from a Somaliland perspective but you should place your self in the shoes of the Koonfurians and the way they experienced the failed union the civil war the Siad bare regime the civilian government the Somaliweyn slogans and the post Kacaan TFGIS. Somalia and Somaliland have allot of similarities but they differ two on many fronts. Somalia nationalism is solely based on the Somaliweyn slogans blue Flag this is the solid foundation of what is today Somalia. Remove that what do the Koonfurians have nothing really an empty shelf. Like wise in Somaliland , Somaliland nationalism is solely the past 22 years based on Somaliland independence the louder the Koonfurians call Somaliweyne the more the anti Somalia sentiment grows in Somaliland and the higher the Somalilanders wave their flag. The 2 are some how are parallel how ever quiet the opposite , the Koonfurians cannot accept Somaliland independence its for political or pragmatic reasons but its something rooted in their physiological nationalistic characteristics. When the Koonfurians say well you suffered but so did we, they dont belittle the suffering of the Somaliland people but they are finding ways to revive the union remember what i said before their being a nation is based on Somaliweyn, not Somalia.

Somalia and Somaliland also differ the way they understand the need to reach a compromise Somalilanders amongst themselves can reach a compromise. Koonfurians on the other hand cant reach a compromise unless its dictated by the international community. But Somalilanders themselves cannot reach a compromise with the Koonfurians like wise the Koonfurans cannot reach a compromise with Somalilanders, for obvious reasons. Compromise is also a very defeatist concept its smells and sounds like defeat.

I believe Somalilanders should not blink when they are dealing with koonfurians also the Koonfurians should not concede to the demands of Somalilanders. We cant have Koonfurian Children in 30 years time winning a debate against Somaliland kids telling them that the Koonfurians accepted Somaliland independence out of good will. No No both Somalia and Somaliland must be forced to compromise by the international community which will legitimize Maandeeq in the eyes of the international community. No history will be Somaliland created the union because of their wisdom and reestablished their nation on their own strength.

As for professor samatar he should know that the Koonfurians will not bow down for intellectualism and how wise one is but they are led by guns and can only be subdued if you force them under an ideology like the Afro hashimite Emir Godane did. Professor samatar was dead wrong when he thought the Koonfurians will allow a Somalilander to govern over them, but he found out the hard way.

Kaluun   

Wadani wa ruuntada. Horta when it comes to Konfur, I have my own personal preferences and principles. I often hear from Landers make funny amateur political statements such as 'waxan isku dhownahay qolyaha Xamar haysta ee ka so jedan the likes of Hassan, AUN Aideed" as compared to the D (pirates, long-footed, Khatumos). I really laugh at them when they make such ignorant comment and this mentality is entirely based on; 'we never had any direct conflict'.

Let me explain. If the UK and Denmark never had a war, does it make them closer than they are to Germany? So far I have not seen a single man from that camp that openly supported SL cause nor ever congratulated her for anything.

The D's have done many times and almost 30% of them openly support it. Germany and UK had many wars but if today Germany supports UK's claim to the Falkland Islands as compared to Denmark say, then UK's true friend is Germany. You need to approach the Konfur with the same concept and mentality.

Haglatosiye, Bashe, Farah Macalin, etc, etc, openly said to you we are with you. Lakin iyaga kumad ka haysa?

The D's are far more honorable and personally despite rivalry and border confrontations are far better to deal with and more open minded. Those in the deep south are like wolf in sheep clothe.

I am reforming Landers perceptions which is completely off and far from the reality. Like Nokia phones they failed to update the software and innovate.

PLand wa ina hashis lagu dhameya, Khatumo, Buhodle etc lakin the radar must be up for the true Konfuris with the Niiko and toppling Premier every three month culture.

Ninka isfedhan ee markad ka gulaysatiid gushada ku ogool wa nin gob ah lakin the one who pretends not to be in fist fight with you lakin waxna ku ogalen wa maas in the grass hahahaha.

Nimanyahow dadka hala kala barto. Sabaxad iyo nabad hand in hand ma xuma lakin no sabaxad no wax isasiya is far worse.

I rather fight with my neighour then share hot meal at the end of the fight as compared to having big picket fence.

Kaluun thats not the way forward what you need to work is how to forge better relations between Hargeisa and Mogadishu, no need to talk to pirates the big foot community or any one else. The strategic power of 3 alliance will bear more fruit than any other alliance ever in the Horn.