Sign in to follow this  
thefuturenow

Student? What are you Studying?

thefuturenow;989841 wrote:
Why do you say access to capital is easier?

People are more greedy and more willing to invest to hit a "home run". I remember a cabbie I knew through a mutual friend coming up to me asking me if I knew anything about the stock market because he had 50k to "flip". People randomly ask me if I'm interested in starting a business and they'll "help" me. In other words people want to be entrepreneurs without putting time in and maintaining their employment. Another reason is because most homeowners are able to withdraw cash against their home through a reverse mortgage or access to secured line of credit. I avoid the line of credit and reverse mortgage crew cause I don't dabble in interest.

Khayr   

Then how do you get access to

capital. All Venture Capitalists are

emerged in interest yet partake in partnership with start ups.

BA's are useless in and of themselves. There value lays in getting good grades for Grad School.

Khayr;990289 wrote:
Then how do you get access to

capital. All Venture Capitalists are

emerged in interest yet partake in partnership with start ups.

BA's are useless in and of themselves. There value lays in getting good grades for Grad School.

Private equity partnerships are the way to go. People are tired of the big corporations because they're not any better than the pyramid schemer. Just look at Bernie Madoff he was turning people away telling them that they must be referred by someone in order to join, talk about reverse psychology. It's a lot of leg work but if you put serious effort in your presentation and show people you have a viable venture I don't think people mind risking a little to potentially gain a lot!

BA's are useless only if they're irrelevant to your field of study. In some places a Phd holder in education cannot teach high school students unless they have the required Bachelor of Education (a two year intensive degree done after a bachelor's degree). You must be careful with Graduate Studies because in some field they will render you "overqualified" and you'll resort to hiding it and not using it thus becoming useless. While in some countries you can't even set foot into an interview without one. It's a double edged sword so be careful one way or another.