Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

What percentage of Somalis live abroad?

And by this i mean from 1991 (begining of the civil war) to 2013. If you had to guess, what would you put the numbers at? 500,000? 1 Million? 2 Million?

Its just something i am curious about. This doesn't include the Kenyan or the Ethiopian part of Somalis. Just those that left because of the civil war.

According to wiki we have 108,000 in UK, 44k in Sweeden, 37k in Netherlands, 20k in Norway, 16500 in Denmark, and 14k in Finland.

At the minimum 25k in Minnesota alone, and this is 2004 statistics, at least 150k in Canada. Now lets add the arab states and yemen, at least 600k refugees in Kenya, the Somalis in Sudan and South Afirca??

Its fair to say a good portion of Somalis are outside of Somalia

Jacpher;987691 wrote:
3+ people in my neighbor.

Move.

Blackflash. Thank you for the laughter mate.

Minnesota is easily 100K. Plenty in Canada. I would say 3-4 million Somalis in the qurbaha.

2 Million (out of 15 million?) sounds about right. And that 2 million would probably grow to become 3 million in about 10-15yrs from now with the way Somalis breed. Just last week, i met a cousin who had 6 kids and he's only 26yrs old. 2 from previous marriages, and 4 with the girl he's with right now. All of 'em born in state side also. So i can only imagine there are thousands and thousands of like him out there.

Alpha, that's too high of a number sxb. If i had to guess, i'd say maybe 10k Somalis are behind bars at any given time. And probably another 50k in some type of probation/court ordered something.