Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

It's so cold outside.

Tallaabo   

Are you in Minnesota? Here in the UK we have got neither excessive cold nor excessive heat. It is the perfect climate, the blessed Isles indeed.

Not in Minnesota at the moment, but somewhere little more colder. And the wind chill we got here makes it feel like its -20 degrees outside. I stepped outside for 15 minutes, waxaan soo noqday anigoo Gacmihii iyo wajigiiba BARAF soo noqdeen.

Maybe i am getting old, but i feel like every winter is worse than the one before. And its not just any QABOW, we are talking about 'Oh shit, we can die' kinda cold. Aargh!

Safferz   

Off topic, but that Dean Martin song makes him sound like a rapist, doesn't it :P The "hey, what's in this drink" part always makes me lol

Safferz;987574 wrote:
Off topic, but that Dean Martin song makes him sound like a rapist, doesn't it
:P
The "hey, what's in this drink" part always makes me lol

My guess is that song is from an era when everything wasn't so PC and you could sing/say whateva without having to worry about anything. 'Date rape' drugs might've been all the rage back then. :)

Safferz   

Nin-Yaaban;987575 wrote:
My guess is that song is from an era when everything wasn't so PC and you could sing/say whateva without having to worry about anything. 'Date rape' drugs might've been all the rage back then.
:)

I was thinking this during the controversy over the lyrics to "Blurred Lines"... have you folks even been LISTENING to music? Heh.

And I'm with you on the cold, I feel like I should be tougher as a Canadian but over the years my tolerance to cold weather has decreased and my mood increasingly has suffered as well. Darkness at 4pm is depressing as hell. I used to love snow as a kid, but now there's nothing worse than slogging through snow, ice and slush to get around, and alternating between overheating and freezing despite wearing layers of clothing. I left my apartment looking forward to getting my day moving, only to have that sh*t on by a giant b*tchslap in the face by the cold :mad:

Change the lyric to "where my hands used to be" and it's pretty accurate lol

Safferz   

Blackflash;987580 wrote:
Just got back from Edmonton where it was -26 Celsius (-15 F) a couple days ago.

Reading this made me cringe :/ As soon as I finish school, I'm looking for a job in southern California, I can't do this much longer...

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;987668 wrote:
it's rather cold in the nation's capital, i must admit.

How insensitive. When your hair freezes too because you slicked it into a ponytail with a bit of water before heading out, you can participate in this thread... until then you can see yourself out :mad:

Just came back from outside, walked 'bout 3 miles and its 42 degrees with rain....shitt was cold. Cant wait until i get my license back, and are able to drive again. :) 3 more months.

Safferz   

What did you do to lose your license, Nin-Yaaban? lool

It's 48F/9C here tonight, perfect winter weather and not too cold to walk in. Visiting my parents in Toronto in two weeks, as much as I'm glad to be going to my hometown, I'm not looking forward to the weather there :(