Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

US Iran deal, the Isolation of Israel and the New Shia power

Ibtisam   

Anyone else been following the events that have been playing out? The fast and surprising Western deal with Iran which effectively exposes the crazy Netanyahu who is the new mad dog. But even more important is the new empowered Shia authority who originally laid dispersed across so many countries. Most immediate effect will be in Syria and Kurds in Turkey and Iraq.

Although I know this is significant and it will cause some shift in power balance (Assad is more likely to stay more than ever) but I wonder how wide reaching the impact will be, for Turkey, For Saudi Arabia and Bahrain who were already struggling with the different sects in their population.

Anyway below is an article by Robert Fisk for anyone wonder what on earth I am jabbering on about!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/robert-fisk-he-may-huff-and-puff-but-benjamin-netanyahu-is-on-his-own-now-as-nuclear-agreement-isolates-israel-8960766.html

nuune   

The winners:

- The rise of the Somali Shia Population

- Syria

- The West

The Losers:

- Saudi Arabia & its gulf chocolates

- Israel

- The Afro Hashimittes of Xaaji Xeyraan

-

N.O.R.F   

Iran clearly thinks it has won and the west are showing the world how reasonable and patient they have been in trying to bring about a peaceful settlement (Iran called their bluff). The Sunni Arabs are perplexed and realise they no longer have Uncle Sam's ear (even after he sold them all those toys).

In 6 months if things go south then the west can say it did all it could and Iran can say they have nothing to hide.

I mean what other option does the U.S really have at this point, other than to reach a deal or some kinda agreement with Iran? The U.S is bleeding (both financially and militarily) and i dont think they really have the stomach for another war at the moment.

Hawdian   

THE Iranian got a deal with the west nether the Americans nor the Persians recognize eachother or have any reason to trust eachother . The Israelis are the ones aangry wth this agreement they tried to sabotage the whole thing They are losing there supreme automic authority in the region. KSA and the other gulf countries are not happy ether but will get use to live with Iran. Also the Saudis have a pretty good back up plan with Pakistan regarding nuclear weapons . The biggest loser will sadly by Syria and Lebanon where the Persians are really gaining more power every day Assad is not going any where and will for now at least stay a. I also doubt the Iranian want the bomb what they want is the technology to build the bomb which they have learned now . We shall see what this goes from here. One thing for sure Americans are tired of the ME region and do no want another war in that region. Netanyahu is on his own now and there is a long flying distance from Tel Aviv

To Tehran.

The iranians got a fine deal there it will give them enough time to enrich uranium in their disclosed facilitates and Sanctions will be eased the losers are Family Saudi the Israelis . The winners are Asad of Syria Hizbullah the Iranians the Huuthis in Yemen. The special relations between israel and the US is not that special after all.

The Iranians definitely got a great deal, and I really believe that within the next several years, the USA and Iran are going to reach some sort of accommodation, similar to what happened between the USA and China in 1972 (when the two countries finally acknowledged each other). Seems like the Americans are finally putting their own interests ahead of Israel's.

DoctorKenney;987588 wrote:
Seems like the Americans are finally putting their own interests ahead of Israel's.

Much to the chagrin of war-mongering neo-cons. They're having a fit over this agreement.

Iran is not Iraq or Libya,they power to be reckoned with....with almost 100 million heads,highly educated and military power that surpasses Israel...note here Israel can't use nuclear,just for a bluff or last minute resort when they see enemy at the gates of Telaviv.Being the 3rd largest oil producer,their Shia sphere of influence in Lebanon,Syria,Iraq,the Gulf etc and close proximity to Russia which will certainly make any western attack dwarf Vietnam.The west has no choice but to accommodate and is good for American business.

^^ Because Iranians are not Arabs, iranians have their own form of Foreign policy, iranians wish to be respected by the west and will get that, because they took a firm stance. But i share Dr Kenney opinion that the US will warm up to Iran when they ease the sanctions Just like how Nixon US president forged warm relations with the peoples republic of China of Zhou Enlai. This deal is a real diplomatic triumph for President hassan Rohanis Administration of Iran, and the iranian people, the iranians now time is in their favor and they are still able to enrich uranium not to the full force and sanctions will be partly lifted. The Israelis cannot stand that Irans sanctions will be partly lifted with out major concessions on the side of the Iranians. The saudis are very unhappy because their Jihadi al nusra cells will have it very difficult in battling Asads Alaawis forces. Sheikh hassan nastrallah and the Hisbullah movement can still reach out to the iranians and the iranians can still provide logistics to the Lebanese Shia Hezobollah.

True XX its like Nixons ping pong diplomacy in china.Americans have everything to gain as well , but am just wondering whatva happened to the powerful jewish Lobby in Washington....this seems unbelievable.I think the Americans will reiterate as usual the guarantee of Israeli survival plus a handsome financial & military hardware like they did after the Egypt , Israel peace treaty.

Yes exactly. This entire development is a huge loss to the Sunni Saudis, a huge loss to the Israelis, but a major win for the Shias and major win for the Iranians and the Americans and the Russians.

President Rouhani is nothing like his predecessor Ahmedinejad, who was seen as a bit of a nutcase. The Americans will probably reach out to the new, and more "reasonable" President of Iran. And I think the Ayatollahs are totally fine with this too. The Americans don't have the patience or will to fight a new war in the Middle East so they're gonna have to reach an accommodation with the Iranians.

And since America shares a LOT more in common with Iran than it does with Saudi Arabia, this shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.