Sign in to follow this  
Classified

Islam banned in Angola

Jacpher   

Safferz;987722 wrote:
lol, I'm sorry to break it to you but "in the real world" they exist, regardless of your need to erase the existence, histories and lives of people and families who are both Somali and Christian by claiming their statistical insignificance. I don't really care that this seems to personally offend you, your butthurt doesn't change history and fact. No use in continuing this discussion, circular logic is exhausting and pointless to reason with.

ina-adeer you mistook my comments. I wasn't suggesting your distance ayeeyo or her relatives were marginal or insignificant in society. We're merely discussing the numbers, not the actual people. I'm sure Somalis have good and bad people with all kinds of religious beliefs. That was not the point I was making.

When you look at the numbers, you find the people you speak of to be representing statistically speaking, a very tiny tiny number that would be classified as a marginal error compared to the larger population of the country. In all fairness, Somalia had a much larger number of people that were traditionalists with indigenous beliefs and languages. There were others that follow the Shia sect of Islam, actual Somalis. These groups were more than just few dozen families with Christian sounding names who trace their Christianity back to a British missionary schools in Barbara or Cadan. We are talking about people with indigenous beliefs and languages. Yet none of them makes the list of religions. The Bantu, Bajun and Barawe are the minority. The supposed historical Christians in the north remained and still remain to be the insignificant of the insignificant. Nothing personal dee. Just pointing out the numbers.

Safferz;987722 wrote:
lol, I'm sorry to break it to you but "in the real world" they exist, regardless of your need to erase the existence, histories and lives of people and families who are both Somali and Christian by claiming their statistical insignificance. I don't really care that this seems to personally offend you, your butthurt doesn't change history and fact. No use in continuing this discussion, circular logic is exhausting and pointless to reason with.

Your immunity to BS is amusingly amazing. It's as if you respond to every lazy retort with reason and deep contemplation of the issues being debated. lol silly you.

Anyway, here are the unicorns, again.

http://somalisforjesus.blogspot.com/

There is (dead) pastor in there with the name Yacqub Maxamad. Blew my mind.

Safferz;987667 wrote:
lol you know the guy behind it all? Is he responsible for the Christianity of historical Somalis like Michael Mariano, Anthony James, Peter Raymond, etc too?

Out of curiosity, where did you get Peter Raymond name from? Do you know who his family is?

Safferz   

^ just listing off known Somali Christian families/people I thought perhaps some people on here with even passing familiarity with Somali history may recognize, I don't know that family personally. Clearly that failed because Jacpher said a name like Michael Mariano is only famous to me lol.

Jacpher;987751 wrote:
When you look at the numbers, you find the people you speak of to be representing statistically speaking, a
very tiny tiny number that would be classified as a marginal error
compared to the larger population of the country. In all fairness, Somalia had a much larger number of people that were traditionalists with indigenous beliefs and languages. There were others that follow the Shia sect of Islam, actual Somalis. These groups were more than just few dozen families with Christian sounding names who trace their Christianity back to a British missionary schools in Barbara or Cadan. We are talking about people with indigenous beliefs and languages.
Yet none of them makes the list of religions.
The Bantu, Bajun and Barawe are the minority. The supposed historical Christians in the north remained and still remain to be the insignificant of the insignificant. Nothing personal dee. Just pointing out the numbers.

We're not in disagreement that the numbers are few, or that Somalis are overwhelmingly Muslim, that was never my argument. I simply said they exist, and that I don't agree with how you're trying to claim statistical insignificance for any of these 'other' religions found amongst Somalis... if they are present, if there are Somali practitioners of that faith no matter how few, that's a minority within Somali society. To be honest, I'm actually quite baffled by your line of reasoning. If Somalia is 99.2% Muslim, for instance, does that mean that 0.8% of the population does not exist? How can you classify real people as marginal errors?

thefuturenow;987753 wrote:
Your immunity to BS is amusingly amazing. It's as if you respond to every lazy retort with reason and deep contemplation of the issues being debated. lol silly you.

Anyway, here are the unicorns, again.

There is (dead) pastor in there with the name Yacqub Maxamad. Blew my mind.

:P I've seen this site before, admittedly I'm less familiar with more recent conversions among Somalis, but I'd imagine there are missionaries and faith-based aid groups trying to take advantage of the conditions back home for new converts.

Peter Raymond is known Somali christian? That's a first - the man is a private man, and his family is extremely private, his not a public figure, so refrain from typing his name, you have no idea who he is and who he is related to.

Night

Safferz   

AfricaOwn;987759 wrote:
Peter Raymond is known Somali christian? That's a first - the man is a private man, and his family is extremely private, his not a public figure, so refrain from typing his name, you have no idea who he is and who he is related to.

Night

Yeah, okay. I suppose his name just came to me via telepathy, then. You really have a knack for contributing absolutely nothing to threads.

Classified;987761 wrote:
Lol @ the troll tirelessly trying to come off as an "intellectual". Fellas, you've been
Troll'd
!

Speaking of people who contribute absolutely nothing to threads...

Tallaabo   

Haatu;987682 wrote:
A few individuals might exist here and there, but there is no "community" to speak off. And I actually do know the guy behind it all.
I owe my cush life in the West to him
(
:D
) so believe me when I say it's mostly maryooleys making a quick buck.

Waaryaa don't give the maryoolay the idea of claiming asylum using Christianity;)

Tallaabo   

Jacpher;987716 wrote:
^Stop pretending these are real number. In the real world, these are marginal errors.

No matter how famous these names sound to you, the larger part of the country,
Somali and gaal don't go together

Haven't you seen the number of Somali atheists we have in this forum alone? And I knew few of them in real life.

Tallaabo   

The Muslim world can put a banishing pressure on a country like Angola if they indeed banned Islam. To start with the Muslim countries in Africa can demand the suspension of Angola from the African Union and threaten to leave the union if Angola remained a member. An African union without so many counties would not be worth the name, so Angola with be suspended without a second thought. Secondly, the 57 Muslim majority counties can demand the UN Security Council, the European Union, and the US to put crippling sanctions on Angola and freeze their assets. China which has vested interests in Angola's natural resources might resist such a move but if all the Muslim countries threaten China with diplomatic and economic consequences China will no doubt forsake Angola and choose to maintain good relations with the 57 Muslim counties. No country can afford to cut ties with 57 countries many of which are the world's biggest suppliers of oil and gas. All in all, if this news is true and the Muslim counties cooperate well, Angola will make a quick U-turn or will risk economic and political implosion because of the international sanctions and pressure.

Safferz;987747 wrote:
Hawdian, you of all people should be aware of this, as the Somali Christians that date to the 19th and early 20th century are mostly from your region in particular. I am not a Christian, but my ayeeyo - who like you is from Ceerigaabo - is related to a number of Somali Christian families, and there are islaamo in my family with names like Margaret. Regardless of what Jacpher seems to think, Michael Mariano is a well known figure who was one of the leaders in British Somaliland's nationalist movement for independence, and lead the campaign to have the Haud region returned to Somaliland. This is the first of the Somali Christian communities I was alluding to, the second is that in Italian Somaliland and Roman Catholicism,
such as the children of Italian settlers who took Somali wives

Anyway, I'm not sure why I've been sucked into an argument over the existence of Somali Christians, these are historical and social facts regardless of whether some people here find it uncomfortable or unsettling to their rigid notions of who and what a Somali is.

Indeed, I am familiar with such a family. Though their offspring would not be considered 'Somali', given their paternal lineage

Haatu   

Tallaabo;987768 wrote:
Haven't you seen the number of Somali atheists we have in this forum alone? And I knew few of them in real life.

Well I was just explaining things. The guy and his father before him were the head missionaries in Somalia. When Somalia collapsed, they brought the whole qabiil to the west using their connections :D

Khayr   

Saff,

I enjoy your passionate debates.

However; why do you denying

things that you can not comprehend from your world poiny of view? i.e. From your historical view.

Its as if you take pride in the mention of an English-Man's sir name or first name (e.g. Margaret)

As to the Angola situation,

if they ban muslims from "political islam" then they are banning Islam. You can't pick and chose what you want from muslims and expect muslims to be tolerant of that type of discrimination and forseeable religious cleanising.