Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

A Somali girl on racism in Norway.

Hawdian   

Social networks are a good place to reach people and share your thoughts. In this case a debate about racisme . Her hashtag is #somaliern i just read some of her tweets .

Why do countries like Norway, with no colonial history outside Europe, allow people to seek refuge from across the world? It will only lead to further friction within their country.

^^ Same reason as many other countries- a sense of moral obligation, pressure from other countries and/or organizations.

The friction seem only to grow, unfortunately. The anti-immigrant rethorics and especially anti-muslim rethorics that is circulating newspaper/blogs/facebook comment sections is worrying. I am not surprised though, It just confirms what many of us already knew. It makes many reconsider staying here for the long term.

Moonlight: Her tweets came about after a swedish (non-native) journalist critized Norway for racism- reffering to anti-immigrant political rethorics and what he feels is treatment of immigrants as animals by the government. I don't know if you speak Norwegian, but thanks to these two, and another swedish-turkish comedian, racism is now a heated national debate. Even Somali-Norwegian politicians are debating each other. Some of them are unfortunately digressing from the initial point of the debate-the racism to accusing the other of practising tribalism or being a self apppointed spokesman for the somali community. Ceeb! I shook my head in shame after reading this and It shall be interesting to see how things turn out.

It's not her country hence the racism.[/quote

True. But for many it is home. It's sad to see them being out of place and feeling as if they dont belong neither here or at their motherland.

Blackflash;987307 wrote:
Why do countries like Norway, with no colonial history outside Europe, allow people to seek refuge from across the world? It will only lead to further friction within their country.

and why did the Canadians with no colonial history allowed you to seek refuge in their country??

hypocrisy!!!

MoonLight1;987400 wrote:
and why did the Canadians with no colonial history allowed you to seek refuge in their country??

hypocrisy!!!

The difference is that Canada has been since it's inception, a multiracial nation of immigrants. I had friends in Alberta who were descendants of Black Nova Scotians/African-americans and 19th century Chinese/Japanese immigrants.

Besides, Somalis have only been milking the Somali Affair for all that it's worth. #ShidaneArone #HeDiedForOurSins

Hawdian   

@saxanso - qoofku marku uu guuro daal ajinabiya sida Norge waa ino gaarto faedida isku duubnada ummada isku daal ka timi sida somalida oo eey iska taageer,aan dad naceb ummada madow iyo ummada muslim ka . Insllah generation ka cusub baa isbadali keenaya. Hands up for warsan speaking her mind . Taan labaad waxa fcn ineey bulshadoo doorato dad u noqonayaa siyaasiinta oo qoof kaasi noqdo qof fcn oo bulshadoo dhan ku kalsoonteey .

Safferz   

Marksman;987431 wrote:
If you think Norwegian racism is bad, try some Dutch culture. lmao, It almost can't get more racist than that. ( It's culturally accepted )

You're kidding!

intocht_zwarte_pieten.jpg

Blackflash;987430 wrote:
The difference is that Canada has been since it's inception, a multiracial nation of immigrants. I had friends in Alberta who were descendants of Black Nova Scotians/African-americans and 19th century Chinese/Japanese immigrants.

Besides, Somalis have only been milking the
for all that it's worth. #ShidaneArone #HeDiedForOurSins

I actually choked on my orange juice when I read that last part LOOL ;)

Good one. That's so true

MoonLight1;987400 wrote:

hypocrisy!!!

Its called 'pulling the ladder up after you'. I got in, enjoyed all the amenities the country offers, and to heck with everyone else. :)

Apophis: I concur. It'll be difficult for many to fully integrate there though, as many would forever look at you as a person whose not fully somali. But despite that it's important to make sure ones kids knows the language, the culture and most importantly make sure they travel to the motherland inorder to make a connection.

Hawidan: Snakker du norsk? Waa runta isku duubnidu waa waxa keenaya in ay dad fara badani iska kaa ilaaliyaan oo aanay waxyalaha qaarkood kugula soo dhacin. Hase ahaate khilaaf gudahooda iyo qabyaalad ayaa dadkeena lugu salliday. Waa ruunta, hadda soomalida ku jira xisbiyada kala nooca ah ee dalka, waa dhowr midh oo ruunti xagooda ka yidhi ama ku dhaqaaqeyba in ay walaalahooda soomaliyeed in ay gacanqabtaan ama arrimaha gaarka u ah in ay la garab istaagan. Waana arrin aad u wanaagsan oo an rajeynayo in ay wax wanaagsani ka soo baxeyaan inshaAllah.

Khayr   

Untl we change our features and out religion, we will never be fully accepted.

We are forever Aliens in another world!