Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Ethiopia unveils a statue for Sayid Muhamed Abdullah Hassan,in Jigjiga

thefuturenow;987755 wrote:
Aaaah always happy to see the propaganda mountains made of fear and enmity. kulahaa xusuuso 1988. But how quickly they crumble in the presence of unity and brotherhood.

when did they crumble? why worry about Somaliland when unity & brotherhood won't be attained inside Somalia(south) probably for long time to come as it seems!

burahadeer;988130 wrote:
when did they crumble? why worry about Somaliland when unity & brotherhood won't be attained inside Somalia(
south
) probably for long time to come as it seems!

I've noticed when "Somalilanders" refer to Somalia they include the term 'South'. Why is that?

burahadeer;988132 wrote:
when did they crumble? why worry about Somaliland when unity & brotherhood won't be attained inside Somalia(south) probably for long time to come as it seems!

I have noticed when ever some comments on Somaliland, you always respond with the question(s), 'what is it you,why does it concern you and why worry about/?. which bring me to a question of my own, maxaa ka galay ma doodbaa?

what concerns and more ova bewilders me is why they don't concentrate their house burning under their feet.Why spend so much time in unity they thmslvs don't believe.

Dalmar1   

@Gar_maqaate and classified , ignore these Cuqdaad filled folks, Wallahi its hard to debate with them let even talk with them, they are filled with Cuqdaad that emotion has truly blinded them from interaction at all levels!

Ask them what's 1+1= and they say South, Walewyne,south,waleyne and round they GO, they are a parrot that only learned two words, pathetic right:(

you are the one chasing the cuqdad filled folks so you must be below thm 1000 times.Get out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat

Cry baby...

Dalmar1;988151 wrote:
@Gar_maqaate and classified , ignore these Cuqdaad filled folks, Wallahi its hard to debate with them let even talk with them, they are filled with Cuqdaad that emotion has truly blinded them from interaction at all levels!

Ask them what's 1+1= and they say South, Walewyne,south,waleyne and round they GO, they are a parrot that only learned two words, pathetic right:(

Dalmar, I think, I can safely say that all of us Somalis, are filled with tribal prejudices fueled by ignorance and superstition. Again I can pretty much say with all certainty that if you, burahadeer or Xaaji were to traded places through the accident of birth, you too would hold the same 'illogical' secessionist views and they would be badgering you on the virtues of Somali unity. Although, we al think of ourselves as individuals and free thinkers, the truth is we all hold some pre-determined clannish views, parallel historical facts and false sense of superiority. The only difference is that of some us are able defend their pre-determined clannish views without any apparent Cognitive dissonance. But that is only due to a default, because if the majority of your 'community' is pro Somalia, the chance are you to will be pro unity and it is then easy to reconcile your tribalism with your Somali rhetoric. However, that is not luxury afforded to folks of Somaliland because they have created a unique situation where they have made their clan into a nationality. This has created a double whammy for them, firstly, the clan and their supposed nationality have become interchangeable, any attack on Somaliland is taken not as an attack their country but also as an attack on the clan (and in most cases their paranoia is justified), which must be repelled. Secondly, because the tribal aspirations Somaliland are so conspicuously obvious, it is impossible to defend it with any intellectual honest, especially when countered with convenient Somali unity rhetoric. And this is why the folks in here often rant and rave to deflect and to conflate debates. To conclude the only reason why Dalmar or sayXaaji have different views has nothing their reasoning, on the most, but everything to with accident of birth.

galbeedi   

Ethiopia is the only empire from nineteen century still standing. After second world war and the independence of many colonized countries it should have dissolved as many other Empires did. Look at former Yugoslavia, they disintegrated to the ethnic nations that was forced by the victors of the first world war in Versailles in 1919.We all know when did the Abyssinian conquered the Somali region, or when the Reserve and Hawd was given to them. I am one of those who believe this Empire will disintegrate sooner or later. There are three scenarios were Ethiopia could exist or disappear !- they could become a plural multicultural society where every one can participate in an open democratic election. In this scenario any one could be elected as leader regarless of his background.

2- Disintegrate like former Yugoslavia where the Oromo, Somalis, Sidaamo, Danaakil, Tigre and Ahmara can all have their own country without the control of Tigre or Ahmara. 3- the third scenario is the status qua where a small minority of Ahmara or Tigre hold the power with a barrel of gun, while everybody else is hostage who must be ruled including Iley. It is a shame to see the Somalis refusing to be closer to their brethren or rejecting the rule of another Somali while carrying the shoes of the Ethiopia. Rayaale, Siilaanyo, Faroole and Culusow did not mind to be humiliated by the Ethiopian regime as long as they recognize them as the overseer of small project. I will ask Xaaji and other Somalilanders? Doesn't it bother you the constant dictation and humiliation the Ethiopian regime accords the Somaliland people and it's leaders on constant basis.don't you think we could be equal to them in terms of power, economy and military.Forget about Iley and the Onlf , I believe Somaliland could change the status of the Somali people very quickly if we think differently. The boys of Muqdisho can not be trusted to revive the Somali state. Why don't we think ones for our life time to make something different.

Classified;988117 wrote:
Mar ma ana waalan misa cadan ba laga heesiya? Don't you know 45% of Ethiopia's population are Muslim? Don't you know ardul Xabash (Ethiopia) was blessed by Prophet Muhammad and it was the second place Islam started to spread apart from Mecca?
Ethiopia had a special place in Prophet Muhammad's heart more than Medina itself (I think).
All I hear from Somalis is "Xabash this Xabash that", when hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Somalis live in Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa, Harar, including the somali region.

As Muslims (Somalis), we shouldn't abandon our Muslim ethiopians (Muslim Amhara, Muslim Oromos, Muslim Tigres, Muslim Guraga, Muslim Eritreans) and leave them to be abused and dominated by their christian and atheist fellow countrymen.

Aboowe, that isn't exactly true, because Medina was the base of the first Islamic state, and it was blessed by Allah. It's actual name is Medinatun Nabi. And one Salah at Masjid an-Nabawi is worth 1000 salahs elsewhere. And there are sahih hadiths saying "Medina is like a furnace, it expels out the impurities (bad persons) and selects the good ones and makes them perfect."

And yes, at that time the prophet scw sent his companions ra to Axum, the reason wasn't that it was blessed, but that it had a just king An-Najashi. He actually became a muslim, and there is a theory that his descendants were also muslims but some the subjects(Amharas) wouldn't have this, so the kingdom went into a civil war, and we Somalis used this opportunity, making powerful kingdoms from Saylac to Xamar.

At the end of the day, the Xabashas are no.1 enemy since time immemorial, and they shall be our enemy until we completely destroy them or they destroy us. Yes, these are the days losses, and they had their share, but Islam teaches the victory at the end is to us, so don't lose hope my brother.

galbeedi;988558 wrote:
Ethiopia is the only empire from nineteen century still standing. After second world war and the independence of many colonized countries it should have dissolved as many other Empires did. Look at former Yugoslavia, they disintegrated to the ethnic nations that was forced by the victors of the first world war in Versailles in 1919.We all know when did the Abyssinian conquered the Somali region, or when the Reserve and Hawd was given to them. I am one of those who believe this Empire will disintegrate sooner or later. There are three scenarios were Ethiopia could exist or disappear !- they could become a plural multicultural society where every one can participate in an open democratic election. In this scenario any one could be elected as leader regarless of his background.

2- Disintegrate like former Yugoslavia where the Oromo, Somalis, Sidaamo, Danaakil, Tigre and Ahmara can all have their own country without the control of Tigre or Ahmara. 3- the third scenario is the status qua where a small minority of Ahmara or Tigre hold the power with a barrel of gun, while everybody else is hostage who must be ruled including Iley. It is a shame to see the Somalis refusing to be closer to their brethren or rejecting the rule of another Somali while carrying the shoes of the Ethiopia. Rayaale, Siilaanyo, Faroole and Culusow did not mind to be humiliated by the Ethiopian regime as long as they recognize them as the overseer of small project. I will ask Xaaji and other Somalilanders? Doesn't it bother you the constant dictation and humiliation the Ethiopian regime accords the Somaliland people and it's leaders on constant basis.don't you think we could be equal to them in terms of power, economy and military.Forget about Iley and the Onlf , I believe Somaliland could change the status of the Somali people very quickly if we think differently. The boys of Muqdisho can not be trusted to revive the Somali state. Why don't we think ones for our life time to make something different.

Galbeedi its very difficult sorry and i did not see your post, but i kinda disagree with you Ethiopia despite its ethnic differences and lumping so many ethnic groups under one Empire. Its still has a strong solid foundation which stands stronger than any Somali state , whether its Somalia Somaliland djibouti. The Ethiopians/ Xabashis have been receiving support from Christian Europe for what centuries and they developed strong governing system only up to Menelik they started expanding into the central regions. I believe Ethiopia will not disintegrate soon but it can happen if there is a war a civil war. Dont bet your money on the oromos for they are still fighting to gain some sort of dignity and are trying reinvent themselves as people a bulk of the oromo do not even speak afaan oromo. The Somalis could win a war against Ethiopia and get independence but they themselves have tribal conflicts especially in galbeed and thats the catch. The relations between Somaliland and Ethiopia are not on equal terms due to Somaliland status unrecognized status , Somaliland is dependent to get access through the rest the world via Ethiopia and some times Kenya.. Because there are no direct embassies in Somaliland. Ofcourse it is a problem , Somaliland recognized in the region and having the strength to negotiate any deal with Ethiopia as equal partners could enrich Somaliland due to Ethiopia being land locked. So the situation is very difficult