Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Ethiopia unveils a statue for Sayid Muhamed Abdullah Hassan,in Jigjiga

Oodweyne. You have a measured understanding of the man, something many who despise or love him lack. Now we can move on to Barre, I would give you his regime did promote certain aspects of the Somali history and ignored others.

galbeedi   

First the Darwiish Sayid was born in Buuhoodle Togdheer few miles from Buroa city , so he is a Somalilander by today's standard, second while his method of confronting the British colonial was radical , he waged his war of independence according to that era. In the history of Somali independence movement he is a national icon that can not be denied by history. on the issue of his statue been erected in Jigjiga that is pure Qabyaalad, and I agree with Xaaji that it is a sinister way for the Ethiopian regime, who colonized this region and still occupies today to shift the blame to the European colonials. The so called Onlf and mr. Mohamed Omar (iley) are here to loot the Somali region. The Onlf was just a tool to claim and rule by force a land shared by many Soomaalis. If they do not change their hungry character the will destroy that region just as the same way they destroyed the Somali republic.

galbeedi;987187 wrote:
First the Darwiish Sayid was born in Buuhoodle Togdheer few miles from Buroa city , so he is a Somalilander by today's standard, .

Galbeedi, you're right Mohamed Abdille Hassan was born on the outskirts of Buuhoodle, but by "today's standard" the sayid would be classified as an "Illegal Alien", becuase according to the"constitution" of the tinpot Republic, citizenry is determined by paternal lineage. Ironically enough the Sayid would be a foreign but the folks of Gashaamo and Xarshin would natural citizens.

Coming back to statue, this is nothing more than a gimmick that denigrates the memory of the Sayid and heroic struggle for freedom against the chains of Colonial rule. I can imagine anything more vile and cowardly then to deprecate on a man's values and principles by honouring him in the name of that which he fought against. The reason why Ina Iley erected this statue is to bolster his on standing with the clan by positioning himself the gatekeeper and protector of the clans honour and history, whilst, undermining the appeal of the ONLF at the same time. This further trivialise the standing of a national icon. This is probably why the Ethiopians allowed this statue because it devalues the Somali struggle for independence, whilst bolstering the image their servant. in all, this is a crude propaganda stun and a clan relations pr that blacken the name of Somali hero.

Spot the difference, if any.

Jigjig's statue

BZtPVavCMAAu13I.jpg

Muqdisho's statue.

Sayyid_Mohammed_Abdullah_Hassan.jpeg

they could've come up with some creative efforts rather than copy and paste and old version.

Xaaji Xunjuf;987495 wrote:
Wiil iyo abtigiis ba labada taalo taagay Maxammad siyaad bare iyo Ileey, marka they are not that different.

Ileey miyuusan aheen wiil Reer Xarshin iyo Allaybaday ka soo jeda? :D

Xaaji Xunjuf;987540 wrote:
i dont think ileey is from Harshin or allay baday i believe Ileey is from Godey,

Naga daa! Wiilku wa inaadeerka! He was born and bred in Xarshin iyo Allaybaday?;)

U malayn mayo laakin anigu xarshin kamaan iman bal meel kala ku day tuulo kale oo galbeed ku taal, Ina ileey reerkisa waan garanaya waxay degan godey fiiq iyo dhuxun iyo meelahas

Dalmar1   

I have a question to all here!,.....if the Oga.dens have settled with the Ethiopia as their Homeland, shouldn't we in Somalia now and once for all sit with the ethiopians and demarcate our borders officially, which is still disputed!,... i believe the Europeans mainly British advised us to settle with Warder as Somalia official border leaving the rest of ''Ogade/nia'' to the Ethiopians!

@Somaliphilosopher,

Inshallahi it will, didn't Fowzia said that she signed a deal with china about them restoring all the Lost Landmarks in Xamar!