Sign in to follow this  
Presposterous

I work with Somali families, we have a major problem walahi

Be informed that the generation of Somali-Americans born in America for the past 12 years are autistic.

I have noticed, almost all the time, this one common dinominator that all mothers have in common. That is, they had these child at over the age of 40.

Safferz   

Jacpher;986570 wrote:
^How many participants are in your survey/research?

Two, which we can then extrapolate to make conclusions about autism in the Somali American community, because anecdotal evidence is as good as data. If we're going to use anecdotes, the Somali women I know with autistic children were all in their 20s when they had their children.

But seriously... it's true that maternal age is a risk factor for issues like autism in children, but that doesn't explain why the incidence of autism is as much as 4-5x higher in the Somali community in some estimates and for the most part, Somali women tend to have children younger than their Western counterparts. It doesn't help that the causes of autism are not fully understood either, and that we don't have statistics for autism in Somalia to make a comparison.

Funny story ...so a mother asked the doctor why her kid got this sickness and she so the doc asked her how old she was when she had him. Let me remind you that the doc was Somali so he said to her "eedo imisa jir bad ahayd markad dhashey?" And she hesitated and then said "42". He bluntly said to her "da'a weyn bad ku dhashey, sas ba ugu Wacan " ..she went berserk on him looool

Hawdian   

Lol @ Big league Bertie. This is definitely a TKO . Bertie watch out for the sharks you janitor job is not gonna help u in here.

Hey best believe I have a better education, better jobs, better car and better house, and better wife and actually worse child than you ( I must admit I have a ******* child). Therefore your argument have no basis

Presposterous;986728 wrote:
Hey best believe I have a better education, better jobs, better car and better house, and better wife and actually worse child than you ( I must admit I have a ******* child). Therefore your argument have no basis

can you share pic's with us ( better car and better house, and better wife) seen is believing.