Sign in to follow this  
Oodweyne

Damul-Jadiid: The Much Ignored Culprit In The Somali Crisis.

Recommended Posts

Oodweyne   

^^^ :D :D

 

Well, I'll have you know, that there is a state more tiresome, more teeth-gratingly insufferable than that of being incredibly boring; which is what you seemed to have accused me of. And, that is, to be an intellectual coward, who would not deign to really put his "real mask" on, for fear of others, particularly when he is debating with them.

 

After all, since both of us know your "previous name" in this joint, then lets say, that I would have more of a respect for your fulmination; or at least would of seen to it to wonder whether it has any merit thereof, if say, you have had the "bare-knuckle-gumption" to address others when you are sporting your "real name" in this joint.

 

But, now, as a passing cowardly ninny, who to boot, basically thought that his "changed-of-shirt" could amount to anything other than a cheaply attempt to hide away his previous presence in this forum, then I fear, you deserve no considered response other than to say to hush off, mate.

 

Or at any rate, to say, that is pity, really. For it seems that all it does to easily scare you away from your real previous self is to hold your feat in to the fire, as I used to do to you previously. And by that I mean, you and I, invariably used to cross a "verbal swords" with each other (as you must remember!).

 

And as I can easily recall, you, invariably used to come out the worse of it those "encounters"; and still it seems that you carrying (by the looks of it) the "scars-of-it-on-your-back". :D

 

Hence, I do understand this "game" of yours, in which you are currently trying in here; particularly, with this new user-name of yours. :D :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oodweyne;986586 wrote:
"Damul-Jadiid's clique"
, particularly their "agenda", modus-operandi" and the likely root they will take in their attempt of fashioning a Somali empire they can rule it from Mogadishu.

They say you don't know a man until you know what he wants.

 

Oodweyne is not opposed to Dam-ul-Jadiid on any real issue. He is simply mad that they have chosen Xamar as their base of operation. It angers him that Dam-ul-Jadiid may be crafting a Somali Empire and is doing it from Xamar.

 

He sees a political group--defined by its plurality of clans---as clan-based SIMPLY because that group is working out of Xamar.

 

Any person with hope for a united Somali future will be delighted by the Dam-ul-Jadiid movement he described above (regardless of its accuracy). I mean an Islamically oriented political group, borne out of the chaos of Somalia WITHIN Somalia, that aims to build an Somali-Muslim empire in the region to bring about the unification of the disparate & subjugated Somali territories? Sounds like a Somali citizen's dream.

 

But not to the secessionist. Not to Oodweyne because he believes that all good things must come from his region. It is only a matter of time, he believes, that his secessionist region will fall under the growing influence of Dam-ul-Jadiid. And that dual feeling of fear and pride, more than anything else, motivates his drivel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Odey   

Gar_maqaate;986587 wrote:
What an absolute load of tripe!. Nothing but a longwinded gibberish conspiracy written in arcane english. Painful read!

War garta qaado ninyahow! Oodweeyne waa kaa garleeyahay :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oodweyne   

Originally posted by thefuturenow
,

 

They say you don't know a man until you know what he wants.

 

Oodweyne is not opposed to Dam-ul-Jadiid on any real issue. He is simply mad that they have chosen Xamar as their base of operation. It angers him that Dam-ul-Jadiid may be crafting a Somali Empire and is doing it from Xamar.

 

He sees a political group--defined by its plurality of clans---as clan-based SIMPLY because that group is working out of Xamar.

 

Any person with hope for a united Somali future will be delighted by the Dam-ul-Jadiid movement he described above (regardless of its accuracy). I mean an Islamically oriented political group, borne out of the chaos of Somalia WITHIN Somalia, that aims to build an Somali-Muslim empire in the region to bring about the unification of the disparate & subjugated Somali territories? Sounds like a Somali citizen's dream.

 

But not to the secessionist. Not to Oodweyne because he believes that all good things must come from his region. It is only a matter of time, he believes, that his secessionist region will fall under the growing influence of Dam-ul-Jadiid. And that dual feeling of fear and pride, more than anything else, motivates his drivel.

Well, I do make a principles of not responding to scripts; or at any rate those who their presence was very much familiar to me in their previous incarnation. And, since, you and I are not new acquaintance to each other, I suspect, I would of have more inclination to take matters bit further down at the discussion lane, if you have had a sense to come out from your hiding place and see to it to use your "old name" we knew you all along. But, since, either out of cowardliness or some other psychological traits may be stopping you to be yourself in here, then, I am afraid, there is not much of response you need in here, at least from me.

 

However, be that as it may, let me say, that there is nothing wrong with the notion of having political ambition of the kind Damul-Jadiid have for Somalia. What is however "unforgivable" is for one to believe that one can hoodwink others with this so transparent of a ruse, particularly of the kind this clique are using it as a "subterfuge".

 

Furthermore, to say that this "Damul-Jadiid" is "multi-clans" in structure is as truthful as that of saying that the Republican party of US is very broad church in ethnicity and in region-wise, and therefore, it's only the liberal and the deeply "biased media" that is hiding the fact that the blacks and Latinos are a well regarded "constituencies" within the Republican party.

 

Similarly, one can say that Damul-Jadiid may have one or two "tokens" in the form of representatives of other clans; but that is basically a replica of the idea of the Republican party having the likes of Colin Powell to wheel out when they are feeling the heat from the media, particularly, as to why there is no minority in their party.

 

All in all, that a political agenda (and the party that carries that agenda) can have a "window-dressing" as the Republican party has in Colin Powell, so that they can blunt the "charge" of clear under-representation of "others" in their party, is understandable. But, still that doesn't mean, that party in question could get away in saying that they represent everyone.

 

And, in that context, the likes of "soon-to-be-fired" PM Saacid, may have been a mere "token" of "others" within the hierarchy of the Damul-Jadiid's ruling clique. But, still, that doesn't make this latest political Islam outfit out of Mogadishu, as a "political vehicle" that is "encompassing" all of the disparate Somali clans, as their PR glossy magazine would have you believe it.

 

In other words, I do understand a "political ambition", and I even do understand the "subterfuge" and all manner of the necessary "hiding" in which the real leaders of an organisation must be found behind a façade of collective leadership.

 

But, still, I would hope for their own sake that they shan't believe their own propaganda in thinking that they can hoodwink others into believing that this latest outfit (wearing an "Islamists garb of convenience" and is out of Mogadishu, like all previous others) is any more "representatives" of the various Somali clans and their interest than Al-Itaxaad or even the then ICU was, in their heyday of scheming for the ultimate power in the Somali peninsula.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Libaax-Sankataabte;986648 wrote:
Brother Dalmar and good Garmaqaate, this is a highly rated thread. Awooweyaal aynu si aan personal attack ku jirin u munaaqashoonno idinkoo raali ah.

My friend I have no interest in part-taken a nonsensical, ahistorical, pseudo intellectual discussion. Like comparing the The Muslim Brotherhood, an 80 year old deep rooted historical organisation, which is a multifunctional, transnational organisation with a millions of members and 10s of millions of committed supporters to "Damu jadiid", a non existent shadowy group that exists in the conspiratorial minds of paranoid lunatics. However, if you find that kind of crackpot lunancy worthy of discussion then I will not get involved in any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oodweyne;986677 wrote:
Well, I do make a principles of not responding to scripts; or at any rate those who their presence was very much familiar to me in their previous incarnation. And, since, you and I are not new acquaintance to each other, I suspect, I would of have more inclination to take matters bit further down at the discussion lane, if you have had a sense to come out from your hiding place and see to it to use your "old name" we knew you all along. But, since, either out of cowardliness or some other psychological traits may be stopping you to be yourself in here, then, I am afraid, there is not much of response you need in here, at least from me.

 

Ironic. Your paranoia about other people's former usernames is reflected in your paranoia about Somalia's political scene. I have had no previous username. Dam-ul-Jadiid is not USC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oodweyne   

^^^ :D :D

 

Sure, if you say so. However, if you believe even the half of your tiresome piffle that is in here, then, in that case, I have a Bridge from South London to sell to you. And, I would even throw in one or two of the London's underground stations into the bargain, just so that I can sweeten the deal for you... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oodweyne   

Originally Posted by Gar_Maqaate
,

 

My friend I have no interest in part-taken a nonsensical, ahistorical, pseudo intellectual discussion. Like comparing the The Muslim Brotherhood, an 80 year old deep rooted historical organisation, which is a multifunctional, transnational organisation with a millions of members and 10s of millions of committed supporters to "Damu jadiid", a non existent shadowy group that exists in the conspiratorial minds of paranoid lunatics. However, if you find that kind of crackpot lunancy worthy of discussion then I will not get involved in any more.

Gar_Maqaate,

 

Donkeys years ago, when I was struggling under-graduate student, a distinguished professor of mine took me a side one day, and said to me, do you know why I am impatient with flatulent arguments in which my students habitually makes to me when we are discussing things?

 

And, I said, no. And, his reply was, that most students must have thought to themselves that a “reaching” an argument without a mere trifling facts to support their supposition (or if they have one, invariably it’s the wrong one) is what they ought to do in the class discussion; and in turn it's what I can’t stand. And, in that sense, he continue saying, is as if they are in a hurry to reach a "pre-baked conclusions" with whatever comes to hand as a facts, regardless of whether those “FACTS” fit in the picture.

 

Now, you may wonder in passing why I bothered to relate this story, and, because, I have notice, in your turn of thinking you could really cut to the chase in here, you have jump to a conclusion no one was even thinking of reaching it. Or to put it in the same vein of this story, it's as if you are of the same mind as those students who used to exasperate that professor of mine with their shoddy reasoning. :D

 

And by that I mean, no one said the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) and the Damul-Jadiid (DJ) are similar of origin, similar in membership-wise, or even similar in historical precedence. You see if you re-read the argument that I have presented, all these waffle you gave us, would have been really unnecessary.

 

And, it would have been unnecessary, because, what I was alluding to was the “secretive ways” in which the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) particularly the top-echelons of the organisation makes their decisions, without the rank and file of the same organisation having anything to say about how that close-nit leadership cadre formulates their deliberation.

 

And, in the case of Damul-Jadiid (DJ), there is a distinct tell-tale signs about the “secretive nature” in which decisions are deliberated, particularly in and around few advisers to the president and few "chosen" cabinet ministers without the larger cabinet as a whole being privy to that discussion, much less said about the parliament having any input into the formulation of the agenda of government.

 

This is the argument I was trying to make when I have alluded to the secretive similarity in which both parties share. I hope that helps now, particularly after you finish with your deliberately-put-on "feigned fulmination" at our expense. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oodweyne, talking to you is just as hazardous and tedious as reading your daily rambles. Despite the less than impressive lexical semantics, your excessive use of the oxford thesaurus and weak turgid prose, your rants still remain an incoherent babble. This is apparent to the whole forum. To your credit you do have a vivid imaginations but that creative imagination seems to cloud your perception of reality, which may explain why you are in the business of manufacturing facts. This may be an inconvenience for you but allow to inform you one last time. Brother, there is no party called "Damaul Jadiid", either formally or informally, it only exists in the mind of paranoid crackpots. End of discussion .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oodweyne;986853 wrote:
^^^
:D
:D

 

Sure, if you say so. However, if you believe even the half of your tiresome piffle that is in here, then, in that case, I have a Bridge from South London to sell to you. And, I would even throw in one or two of the London's underground stations into the bargain, just so that I can sweeten the deal for you...
:D

 

You're a tragedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oodweyne   

Originally posted by Gar_Maqaate
,

 

Oodweyne, talking to you is just as hazardous and tedious as reading your daily rambles. Despite the less than impressive lexical semantics, your excessive use of the oxford thesaurus and weak turgid prose, your rants still remain an incoherent babble. This is apparent to the whole forum. To your credit you do have a vivid imaginations but that creative imagination seems to cloud your perception of reality, which may explain why you are in the business of manufacturing facts. This may be an inconvenience for you but allow to inform you one last time. Brother, there is no party called "Damaul Jadiid", either formally or informally, it only exists in the mind of paranoid crackpots. End of discussion .

:D :D

 

Gar_Maqaate,

 

So, now since we have decided to really raise the curtain of this discussion with bit of personal insults, let’s hope you shan’t cry uncle any minute now. And, with that let me add that it’s pity that you have to change your shirt to really go at me; since, in your previous reincarnation (or in your previous user-name) I have you, verbally, licking my boots and the floor to boot, for a mere salvation.. :D

 

You see I was trying to be gentle with you in here, but, pity of it all is that you think you could amount to anything in here with this changed user-name of yours. Furthermore, if on the other hand, what I say about you is fiction, then why don’t you do this forum a favour, a favour may I add that will be befitting as someone who is not the usual cowardly ninny like you, and start coming out of the “shadow” with your “old retired user-name” and then we shall, leisurely, continue this discussion while all along my coruscating contempt for you will be less justifiable than it is now.

 

As for the Damul-Jadiid business and whatnot, do not trouble your pettifogging and cowardly mind with matters pertaining to the veracity or otherwise of this kind; least of all, a man so frightened of his shadow that he went about to a great length of changing his shirt, invariably do not make a judgement worthy of deep consideration by others; much less is he afforded then a chance to be classified as a “certified alibi” to any contentious issues. So, that is that.

 

Also, let it be said, that, far be it for me to believe any crackpot paranoia about this issues pertaining to the “Damul-Jadiid’s business” it’s the case even that the political denizens of Mogadishu (who are after all the folks more concern with the daily conduct of their government) have even noticed how this outfit has metamorphosed into something else than they had anticipated, when this clique came to power with Hassan Shiekh.

 

Furthermore, the president’s closes advisors, such as the interior minister, has even suggested publicly that president and himself are a “new breed” and they are call themselves “Damul-Jadiid” which he explain will take Somalia into a new direction. So, just to show you how clueless you are, this notion of Damul-Jadiid, is even a badge of honour in Villa Somalia, and you accused others of not knowing what they are fluffing about in here.

 

But, then again, you remember that story about the professor who was brought down to tears by his ever logically illiterate student of his that I told you about it earlier. Well, it seems the more you spout nonsense of this sort and the other kind of tiresome piffle, the more pithily we recollect what that professor had to put up with; and in some measure the contempt we have for you now in here gets to develop a less of a sharp elbow as a result of it.. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote=Oodweyne;:D :D

 

Gar_Maqaate,

 

 

You see I was trying to be gentle with you in here, but, pity of it all is that y u think you could amount to anything in here with this changed user-name of yours. Furthermore, if on the other hand, what I say about you is fiction, then why don’t you do this forum a favour, a favour may I add that will be befitting as someone who is not the usual cowardly ninny like you, and start coming out of the “shadow” with your “old retired user-name” and then we shall, leisurely, continue this discussion while all along my coruscating contempt for you will be less justifiable than it is now.

**

Talk about a fall from grace!. The above statement perfectly encapsulates your whole persona in one paragraph. It makes no sense whatsoever and it is devoid of any logic or coherence. It is typical of someone has a lot to say about absolutely nothing. You accuse me of being a multi-username member of the forum and of being a former "bootlicker" of yours and then you challenge me to disprove your crazed claims by coming out of the "shadows" with my old retired username. So let me get this right, you want to disprove your accussaions by revealing myself to be exactly what you accuse me of being. Sir, in the words of Futurenow " you are a tragedy"

 

To address the username issue, let it be known that I have never been a member of this forum before I signed on with this username and I have never used another username since I joined. If that does not answer your question emphatically, then the implications are quite troublesome and deeply worrying for you. For it indicates a sickly and disorderly paranoid mind that is in need of an urgent expert attention and perhaps even medical remedy.

 

Despite not being an active member, I have been browsing this site for years, reading your vitriolic bile, bigoted and pseudo-intellectual blogs. However, it was unclear to me whether you were just a pompous old fart ( a irrelevant eccentric) or self-conscious charlatan who deploys eighteen century English to mirage his mean-spirited bigotry and crazed conspiracy theories. it has since become abundantly clear to me that you are in fact a self-conscious fraud. Needless to say, The linguistic fraud was comically apparent to me from the start. Inserting random and irrelevant words in to every sentence, for the semblance of intelligence and*putting*in bold captions to impress on and to mesmerising any credulous disciples in the forum. I can see you have now abandoned (permanently I hope, since it smacks of megalomaniacal narcissist) this embarrassing habit in your last post. On a more ironic note, many members would have realised despite oodweyne's adaptation of the snobbery mannerisms, sarcasm and humour of a feudal English aristocrat in every speech, his sarcasm and jokes could only be described as painfully tragic.

 

Some may consider the harshness of my words as cheap personal attack, oodweyne himself has cried foul few times but this not my intention. This is nothing more than constructive criticism. To treat his mean spirit comments, conspiracies and pseudo-intellectual babble as with serious consideration is to encourage more of his lazy arguments and that would be a disservice to oodweyne. In fact it could be cruel and inhumane.

 

To consider this as an ad hominen attack, is to validate his longwinded drivel about "damul jadiid" and about their malignant tribal intentions and their diabolical plans for dominance. Any observers of Somali politics can see the travesty oodweyne's rants by looking at the parallels between the supposedly powerful and now defunct "Alle Sheik" clique for president Ahmed's regime and this "Damul jadiid". Any person who has minimal control of his critical faculties can see there is nothing worth discussing in essay not unless there is subliminal message in his ramblings. Perhaps, all the talk about the diabolical tribal intentions of "Damul jadiid" and the references to the token individuals on the periphery is a dog whistles for the insanitary mind. Who knows?

 

Oodweyne sxb this my last reply to you because i do not see the value of talking to you. I know you will respond with your typical mundane anecdotes, haranguing, unabashed fallacies and the customary animated verbal protestations. But you should take this as the constructive criticism it was mean to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this