Sign in to follow this  
Cadale

Not Yet Kenyan

Haatu   

STOIC;986365 wrote:
Haatu, thanks for sharing that history.Mohamed Adow ( Rageh Omaar of NFD) did an excellent job with this documentary. It was very moving piece.It took me way back home. Honestly I have never considered myself a Kenyan. To be integrated into a population means for all practical purposes to be Indistinguishable from other citizens. Somali Kenyans are world apart from other Kenyans.You could see how the Kariuki guy and the policeman were both rude and dismissive. Nacala Kikuyu!!

Exactly. It's just as Deeqow and the brother at the Wagalla airstrip said, we are geographically Kenyan but that is it. There's fundamental differences that separate us and never will we integrate. We know that, they know that, hence the scorn shown by the Kikuyus in the film.

Tallaabo   

Apophis;986311 wrote:
The problem with us Somalis is we think we're unique and we lack context. That's why such a silly and utterly out of touch documentary can ‘move' us.

Somalis have a very comfortable lives in Kenya. And the mistreatment by the security forces is not unique only to us. It happens all over Africa. It could really be worse.

In sum, perspective, perspective and more perspective is what is needed. We literally never had it so good (relatively speaking).

The oppressed victims in this documentary disprove your statement. And I don't see this sort of mistreatment and prejudice being directed at the other minority tribes in Kenya let alone the powerful Kikuyu.

Somalis in the past were mistreated very badly killed persecuted, by the Kenyan government and tortured but since reer NFD gave up on independence aspirations things have calmed down in Kenya There is still some mistreated but not on large scale like before.

Very sad the story Haatu told us

Safferz adeer if one lost a family member we cant control our emotions

Haatu   

Saalax;986435 wrote:
Why are people ganging up on Safferz. I agree adoomey is a derogatory term similar to Cabeed.

That's the point. It's meant to be derogatory, that's why people use it.

Saalax   

Haatu Those people are enforcing the notion that some Africans are slaves and then when they got to the west

they cry if they are called racist terms. So it is best to find more creative terms for your arch enemies in

Kenya.

Wadani   

Saalax;986452 wrote:
Haatu Those people are enforcing the notion that some Africans are slaves and then when they got to the west

they cry if they are called racist terms. So it is best to find more creative terms for your arch enemies in

Kenya.

A real Somali never let's the opinions of others get to him/her. Wallahi i've been called a nigger in real life by a middle aged white lady and I didn't feel anything, nothing at all. Y should i....I'm a Muslim, Somali from a noble clan, alhamdulillah. If it doesn't apply let it fly. If it was a man who called me that, I still wouldn't be offended, but I'd be mad that he attempted to disrespect me, keyword here being 'attempted' lool,

Its amusing hearing Somalis say we're Kenyans. Claiming to be the same people who raped your mothers and grandmothers, and continue to bully and make mince meat of your poor Somali brothers and sisters in Somalia and Kenya. That's what a Kenyan means.

Baashi   

One more reason why Somaliweyn platform makes perfect sense. Insha'Allah there will be a time in the near future when the Somali state play its historic role of championing the rights of all Somalis in the region wherever they are. I believe Somalia have a compelling and vested interest in the wellbeing of Somalis in Ethiopia and Kenya. Not to mention economic (water) and security interest in the territories they occupy.

Cadale   

Baashi;986569 wrote:
One more reason why
Somaliweyn
platform makes perfect sense. Insha'Allah there will be a time in the near future when the Somali state play its historic role of championing the rights of all Somalis in the region wherever they are. I believe Somalia have a compelling and vested interest in the wellbeing of Somalis in Ethiopia and Kenya. Not to mention economic (water) and security interest in the territories they occupy.

Well said Brother.

Wadani   

Illeen Soomaalidu waa dadka caabiidnimada ugu nugul. Kenya waxa ay u gaysatay dadkeena waa uur ku taalo aan la ilaabin karin oo runtii tiiraanyo iyo murugoba igu reebtay. Balse waxa taa igaga daran dadkan dilka,boobka, jidh-dilka iyo kufsiga loo gaystay iyaga iyo dumarkoodaba haddana Kenyaanimo ku ooyaya. Halka ay aar goosasho iyo gobanimo ka fikiri lahaayeen ayay geedka gunnimada hoostii hadhsadeen. Uff!! Wallee inaydaan u qalmin maal iyo naf midna in la idiin huro.

Wadani;986621 wrote:
Illeen Soomaalidu waa dadka caabiidnimada ugu nugul. Kenya waxa ay u gaysatay dadkeena waa uur ku taalo aan la ilaabin karin oo runtii tiiraanyo iyo murugoba igu reebtay. Balse waxa taa igaga daran dadkan dilka,boobka, jidh-dilka iyo kufsiga loo gaystay iyaga iyo dumarkoodaba haddana Kenyaanimo ku ooyaya. Halka ay aar goosasho iyo gobanimo ka fikiri lahaayeen ayay geedka gunnimada hoostii hadhsadeen. Uff!! Wallee inaydaan u qalmin maal iyo naf midna in la idiin huro.

These people have no one that supports them the reason they were butchered was because they wanted to break away now that they dropped their secession aspirations and integrated into Kenyan society the persecution was minimized even though shabab continues to be a threat and Some Somalis are blamed for what shabaab does. The Kenyan Somalis situation was very difficult in the 60s the Somali republic was a regional player and the Kenyans feared Somalis . Now that the former Somali republic had dropped claiming parts of Kenya parts of Ethiopia and that Somalia and Somaliland went their separate ways. The Kenyan Somalis integrated into the Kenyan Society there is no other option why should they fight to free themselves from Kenya for what to be Killed and harassed they need peace.

Apophis;986624 wrote:
The irony makes me laugh. This coming from someone who lives with the white man, holds his passport proudly; the very same white man who did much worse to Somali people, and still does.

Plus remember, it was your uncle who sold out the NFD movement to the Kenyan government, leaving the people to be brutally quelled by Kenyatta.

Look in the mirror and say "uff", because it's you who rightly deserves it.

Waryaa why do you sound like disgruntled African American

Somalis killed more Somalis than Europeans killing Somalis , why do Somalis like to blame Europeans Arabs any one but themselves