Sign in to follow this  
Cadale

Not Yet Kenyan

Tallaabo   

SomaliPhilosopher;986285 wrote:
^^ To be fair Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal is the one who signed the ceasefire for the Shifta wars .Not to mention during the Garissa Massacre, Siad barre threatened to invade Kenya if they didn't set the detained free and lift the curfews

Where are the sources which show that Siyaad threatened Kenya? Even if he threatened Kenya, where his threats just empty words? Or may be his army and weapons were there for the destruction of the Northern clan.

As is the situation today, Cigaal had no power in the 60s when he was the PM. The real power was in the hands of the president and the cabinet consisting almost entirely of southerners. I think after this sad documentary those still singing "aabe Siyaad" have a lot to explain.

Tallaabo   

SomaliPhilosopher;986294 wrote:
^^Perhaps they can now rely on Somaliland?

If Somaliland never joined Somalia, our brothers and sisters in NFD would probably be free today. I am sure Somaliland would have gone to war with Kenya either overtly or in other ways.

Haatu   

Xaaji xunjuf mararka qaar wuu iska hadlaa. What can these poor people do? They are at the mercy of primitives with no fibre of decency in their person. The oppression was so widespread I could say nearly every family in the area was affected one way or another.

My mum remembers that day Mohamed Adow describes from his childhood when everyone was running for their lives. Adoomada came to an old neighbour of my mother's family and told him to go into his hut (he lived in a nomadic aqal). They then sprinkled diesel all over the hut and set a match to it. Amarkii Ilaahey the aqal would not just catch fire. They sprinkled more diesel and still nothing. They then yanked him out, beating him with the bottom of their rifles saying he was a magician (falfalle). After they beat him they made him lie in the middle of the road and rode one of their armoured cars over him. Alla ha u naxariistee he died instantly.

Haatu   

Tallaabo;986297 wrote:
Where are the sources which show that Siyaad threatened Kenya? Even if he threatened Kenya, where his threats just empty words? Or may be his army and weapons were there for the destruction of the Northern clan.

As is the situation today, Cigaal had no power in the 60s when he was the PM. The real power was in the hands of the president and the cabinet consisting almost entirely of southerners. I think after this sad documentary those still singing "aabe Siyaad" have a lot to explain.

There's no proof but reer Gaarisa say the men were only let go after Siyaad's famous threat "Haddaad 24 sac gudahood kusoo siideyn waaysaan, raggayaga ma idiin soo diraye, dumar baan idiin soo diri". Only Allah know if it's true but that's what the locals claim. As for Cigaal whether he had power or not, he will always be remembered as the man who signed NFD away for ever.

Haatu   

Tallaabo;986298 wrote:
If Somaliland never joined Somalia, our brothers and sisters in NFD would probably be free today. I am sure Somaliland would have gone to war with Kenya either overtly or in other ways.

How did you arrive at this conclusion? At the end of the day people only pay lip service to Soomaalinimo and have tribal interests at heart so I highly doubt Somaliland fighting Kenya.

Tallaabo;986297 wrote:

Haatu addressed the source. I am sure if Somalia won the ****** war, the NFD would have been next.

Tallaabo;986298 wrote:

Lol that is one of the funniest statements I have read on SOL

Tallaabo   

SomaliPhilosopher;986305 wrote:
Haatu addressed the source. I am sure if Somalia won the ****** war, the NFD would have been next.

Lol that is one of the funniest statements I have read on SOL

Prominent politicians of a weak unrecognised Somaliland had the guts to condemn the Ethiopian invasion of Somalia in 2006 even though Ethiopia is our main ally. So the notion of independent strong Somaliland standing up for the rights and dignity of their fellow Somalis in Kenya is not really far fetched.

Cadale   

Tallaabo;986298 wrote:

lol your not making sense? what are you on about?

Saalax   

Tallaabo Enough with the crocodile tears. Those same southerners you're crying about is those you want

to share a "country" with.

Hawdian   

Sorry guys cnt watch the doc it seems to painfull. Another region of our people being killed. Atleast the Kenyansomalis are doing better now and are safe compared to those in somaalia .

Reer Banaadir;986293 wrote:
HHHHMMMM, Let me get this straight they should be killed, discrimited, harrased, denied citizenship, dihumanized and etc. , by a government and a country that was forced on them by another country and still they should fight for the right to stay and be part of that countryand say they are Kenyan??? Did I miss anything Mr. Xunjuf?

They were never denied citizenship they were persecuted by the government because of the alleged shifta wars there, they were mistreated abused this is all true but they are still Kenyan they dont have another identity. Somali Kenyans are an integral part of the Kenyan society even addows father believes he is one he speaks their language. The issue here is having rights with in the country thats what they were struggling with.

Oh, how petty the Sland, PLand, JLand and [insert]-Land debates seem in light of the Somali reality. We are being abused from Kenya to Nepal, from Pretoria to Addis. Get it together people. Stop the divisiveness. Didn't hooyo ever tell you that "far kali fool ma dhaqdo."

Haatu   

Xaaji Xunjuf;986341 wrote:
^^ Somalis in Somalia abuse each other to whats the difference do you think Kenyan bullets hurt more than Somali bullets and artillery

Xaaji we are the joke of the world, even kuwii madowga ahaa baa naga sarreeya and instead of taking heed, we continue to divide each other. That's what he's trying to say.

Xaaji Xunjuf;986317 wrote:
They were never denied citizenship they were persecuted by the government because of the alleged shifta wars there, they were mistreated abused this is all true but they are still Kenyan they dont have another identity. Somali Kenyans are an integral part of the Kenyan society even addows father believes he is one he speaks their language. The issue here is having rights with in the country thats what they were struggling with.

Xaaji Xanuf

they don't have another identity are you serious ? waa maxaa waaye ****** isku ixishood