Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Jawaari's moment, will he capture it?

We are all familiar with the recent quarrel between the President and the PM. Today 7 cabinet members have expressed their solidarity with the President. Things don't look good for Saciid. The parliament will be the key driving source to putting an end to this debacle. Will the soft spoken Jawaari show leadership and drive the outcome of this quarrel. Or will he sit back and allow parliament to get out of control? This is truly a test for Jawaari and this is his moment to shine.

This outcome will be very telling for Jawaari, because depending on how it is handled, perhaps Saciid shouldn't be the only one who goes...

jawaari.jpg

ElPunto   

This is the only institution that can hold the executive accountable. It is supposed to 'represent' the Somali people. It has been a failure at every turn completely absent from critical decisions affecting the country. And this massive failure lies at the feet of this completely inept loser of an individual.

There is no chance he will play any role in the Saacid issue. Qoslaaye has already lined up his MPs or will soon - if there is any tussle in parliament it will be merely a formality.

I don't know about his sense of determination in executing his constitutional duty, however one thing is clear, it looks like he is the ONLY person that understands how institutions and government in general work.

Che -Guevara;986100 wrote:
I don't know about his sense of determination in executing his constitutional duty, however one thing is clear, it looks like he is the ONLY person that understands how institutions and government in general work.

I can't agree with this more. how fickle our memory, did we already forget the disastrous speakership of mr sakiin. Its undignified for a speaker to jump in the middle of conflict between other branches of government. If the executive branch can not reconcile, the president needs to request a vote of confidence from parliament for the cabinet. if the cabinet gets it, they stay and if not the president gets to appoint a new one. I second the speakers advice to both the people and members of parliament.

ElPunto   

^Balderdash. If the President and/or his Chief of Staff are in the process of stealing $100 million - then presumably it's the Speaker's lot and the Parliament's lot to say or do nothing. This parliament has no function whatsoever - if for some folks that translates to 'he is the ONLY person that understands how institutions and government in general work' - there is little hope for Somalis.

Oodweyne;986104 wrote:
Well it's true that the federal parliament ought to have been the place they resolve this kind of political tug-of-war; but, what those who inclined to think this way, are forgetting, is that in the current reality, the said Speaker Jawaari is not the kind of chap to play that role of exulted role.

And, the reason is simple really. You see in the grand scheme of things, to be a "stooge" is one thing, if for some reason, you are forced to be one by the prevailing circumstances of the day. Which is why we must somehow understand the dilemma the likes of Karzai of Afghanistan and Hassan Sheikh of Somalia must conform to, since, their political usefulness to their western's patron will go in so far as they are ready to be the
"hired-stooges"
who are content to do the
"pacifying"
business of their community.

But, to be a stooge of another biddable stooge, is in my opinion, the worst of the lot. And, in that context, given the fact, that this Jawaari fellow is essentially
"rubber-stamping-political-stooge"
for the likes of Hassan Sheikh, then, one must not start thinking that, he will be a sagacious speaker of the federal parliament.

And, finally, there is that little known fact, and that is, on one hand, the speaker and the community he hailed from, namely the
"Beggars Certified"
of Somalia (and I am sure, our friend,
MMA
will be livid with me in here by now
:D
), and that of the community in whose their members this
"outgoing"
PM hailed from, on the other hand, do not see eye-to-eye on many things.

And by that I mean, in particularly, the fate of Gedo within any would be federal region of that area. Also, one has to bare in mind, that the Jubba issue may have been nominally "settled" in favour of kicking the ball into the long grass while purchasing time with Addis-Ababa's agreement, but the community the speaker represent (as his constituency) do not see that outcome as favourable towards them.

Hence, if the
"fate"
of this PM Saacid comes up in that hot-house of a federal parliament, they, to a man and to a woman, will vote him down and will vote with the president's inclination, particularly since, they believe the PM Saacid has been
"weakling character"
who could only delay the Kenya's agenda in Jubba's regions but couldn't thwarted it to their satisfaction.

Consequently, the up-shot of this is that there is enough of a "vendetta" and a "grudge" in which Speaker Jawaari has for the PM Saacid without even adding the over-all external reality to that
"complicated picture"

And of course, that reality says that speaker Jawaari will do the bidding of the Hassan Sheikh regardless of anything else, since, he is in effect Hassan Sheikh's hired stooge in-charge of the parliament. But, we shall see how the speaker plays his cards in the days to come.

I never get ur posts, stop posting in this website as its waste of space and my energy trying to run from ur long posts. I don't even think anybody replies to u or cares for ur opinion. Go kick rocks and write a book to urself while u are at it.

Hawdian   

@Fresh2 death. Bila adaab Baa thy ee dad ka waaweyn ka xishood . Oodweyne is a senior nomad and if you dont get what he's writing you should just be quit. Fahmty mee ya ibnu axmar??

Hawdian;986131 wrote:
@Fresh2 death. Bila adaab Baa thy ee dad ka waaweyn ka xishood . Oodweyne is a senior nomad and if you dont get what he's writing you should just be quit. Fahmty mee ya ibnu axmar??

He is senior to u sxb, where I come from u lose ur seniority the minute u start disrespecting and insulting other clans by name-calling, etc. Waryaa Oodweyne, what you mean by 'certified beggers', have some respect will ya.

Fresh2Death;986133 wrote:
He is senior to u sxb, where I come from u lose ur seniority the minute u start disrespecting and insulting other clans by name-calling, etc. Waryaa Oodweyne, what you mean by 'certified beggers', have some respect will ya.

I think the more important issue is. . .how many terms is Oodweyne trying to "coin."