Sign in to follow this  
DoctorKenney

Would you marry a divorcee?

Yeah exactly, actually I would have far more respect for a man who raises children who aren't genetically related to him, than I would for a man who raises his own kids.

I see this is a great opportunity, where the man can mold these children into his image. He can safeguard them from harm, and a lot of Somali kids nowadays end up being corrupted because they don't have a father-figure in their lives. And if the man wants, he can have 2 or 3 more children with his wife, if he's so interested in spreading his DNA loool

Indeed!

This might be off topic, but I'd like to mention how there are countless Somali orphans scattered all over the Somali peninsula. Somalis need to learn how to adopt these children instead of having their own 5, 6, 10 children. As a people, I think one of the reasons we're in this predicament is the wrath of Allah is upon us, not only how we have treated each other (qabyaalad), but also how we have neglected the thousands of children that have lost their parents/families in war, starvation, droughts, illnesses and whatnot.

One of the unfortunate calamities of having a government in Somalia will be the flow of Western missionaries, disguised as "helping humanity" setting foot in Somalia. Angelina Jolie already made landing near the Somalia-Kenya border. It's a matter of time when she'll be in Jubooyinka, Hiiraan, Bay, Bari or Waqooyi Galbeed, adopting a Somali child/children.

I would rather be shot with AIDS-coated bullets before I allow a Missionary to set foot in my homeland. I will never allow it, and Angelina Jolie already has more than enough children to take care of. Didn't she already adopt like 7 or 8 different children? She's not doing young Somali orphans a favor when she's adopting them and converting them to her religion. It's a disgrace.

And I agree, we are totally at fault for our own predicament. Our own backward mentality. Not just our tribalism, but the way we look at orphans, widows, divorcees and others. I see 45 year old Somali men from the diaspora flying back home to Mogadishu and marrying some pretty 20 year old Somali woman while their wives and children are left behind. Sooner or later, they end up divorcing this young Somali woman and marry another one. They all want that "fresh" young woman from a good family, and it's almost as if they're competing with each other in how many virgins they can "deflower".

It's disgusting. I myself would have no issue with adopting a Somali child, and I think every single Somali family in the diaspora should play a role in sponsoring these orphans and caring for them.

When did I ever say that divorce is a good thing? Stop putting words in my mouth and actually pay attention to what I wrote here. Divorce happens, whether you like it or not. And it's unreasonable to assume that the divorcee is gonna stay single for the rest of his/her life. Especially if the divorce happened when they were still in their 20's.

And regarding "unreasonable expectations"....I highly doubt that a woman who's gone through a marriage, childbirth, and then divorce would have "unreasonable expectations" on any future husband. She's not some 19 year old girl who wants the non-existent perfect man. She's a grown woman who's life experiences taught her more than you'd ever know. I have news for you buddy: People mature over the years. Some mature faster than others

Tallaabo   

Apophis;986060 wrote:
I couldn't raise another man's litter, but some men can.

You have assumed every woman would sit at home and ask you for masaariif. Most Somali sisters are very capable of looking after their own children and will never ask you to support them.

Tallaabo   

Apophis;986185 wrote:
Here in Africa, she goes back to live with her mum and dad, in the west, the white man pays the bills. So in a way, you're right.

What about the many successful sisters who earn their money?:mad:

Apophis, what's wrong with you? What gave you such strange viewpoints? I know several divorced women who work part-time or full-time jobs while at the same time raising their little kids. It's not like they're struggling to survive, but yes having a husband in their life would make things much easier. But they don't "need" anyone.

DoctorKenney;986165 wrote:
I would rather be shot with AIDS-coated bullets before I allow a Missionary to set foot in my homeland. I will never allow it, and Angelina Jolie already has more than enough children to take care of. Didn't she already adopt like 7 or 8 different children? She's not doing young Somali orphans a favor when she's adopting them and converting them to her religion. It's a disgrace.

And I agree, we are totally at fault for our own predicament. Our own backward mentality. Not just our tribalism, but the way we look at orphans, widows, divorcees and others. I see 45 year old Somali men from the diaspora flying back home to Mogadishu and marrying some pretty 20 year old Somali woman while their wives and children are left behind. Sooner or later, they end up divorcing this young Somali woman and marry another one. They all want that "fresh" young woman from a good family, and it's almost as if they're competing with each other in how many virgins they can "deflower".

It's disgusting. I myself would have no issue with adopting a Somali child, and I think every single Somali family in the diaspora should play a role in sponsoring these orphans and caring for them.

Totally bruh!

Apophis wrote:
And I know several who are on welfare, what's your point?

His point is, don't generalize mate.

Blessed   

DoctorKenney;986187 wrote:
Apophis, what's wrong with you? What gave you such strange viewpoints? I know several divorced women who work part-time or full-time jobs while at the same time raising their little kids. It's not like they're struggling to survive, but yes having a husband in their life would make things much easier. But they don't "need" anyone.

Sometimes having a husband, especially a traditional "feed me, pamper me, me, me, me kind of Faarax' is like adding another child to the mix. haha.

Good luck to the sister, seems like she has a challenging family to deal with..!

This would have been an easy ordeal if my cousin had been previously married. But because this is his first real relationship, a lot of people are objecting to this.

They deem it "unfair" and some people even have the nerve to say things like "This man is marrying someone he can do far better than". Which is unbelievably arrogant

Miyir   

DoctorKenney;986265 wrote:
This would have been an easy ordeal if my cousin had been previously married. But because this is his first real relationship, a lot of people are objecting to this.

They deem it "unfair" and some people even have the nerve to say things like "This man is marrying someone he can do far better than". Which is unbelievably arrogant

whats wrong with the guy? is he handicapped? why will he care what other people say? who is going to sleep with her ? him or them? the whole thing sucks