Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Prime Minister Saacid Should Resign

The reason is two fold:

1- Somali people cannot get rid off this president --current constitution does not give a proper recourse to impeach him

2- Saacid as Prime Minister has been particularly small minded and incompetent to the extent a whole year has been mostly lost.

This is not to say Hassan is more competent than Saacid. It is just to admit that it is more practical to get rid off the PM than the president. A change is must to move forward.

Cali Khalif is currently supporting Saacid. Go figure :rolleyes:! I say good riddance. Xassan Shiekh was pretty much both the President and Prime Minister simultaneously since he was elected anyways.

Cadale   

SomaliPhilosopher;985906 wrote:
That is the point of this entire debacle initiated by the President. To get people to think a change in PM will actually catalyze change. You have bought the lie Xiino!

;) xiinfaniin is saying faarax should resign and my ina adeer should replace him. :D

Apophis;985913 wrote:
The real question is, at least for me, is: will Culusow get such a supine character as Saciid? If yes, then there won't be problems, at least for a while; if no, then expect constant power struggles.

Why can't we just balkanize Somalia? Why can't Kismaayo and Garoowe secede from Muqdisho, like Hargeisa did? We're just prolonging the inevitable.

Gabbal   

As it stands, Saacid will not resign. He is resolved to take the issue to Parliament. Unless something unforeseen occurs, the issue will be decided by Parliament.

Xaaji Xunjuf, Kenya's temporary championing of Ahmed Madoobe the man notwithstanding, it is still politically strategic for many reasons tp have the PM stay from Gedo/Jubba/Galgaduud. In the event Saacid resigns or is removed from power, he will be replaced be another of his background.

I really don't care where the new PM hails (clan wise). That I never cared. Clan matrix never appeals to me as it obvious does to many here in terms of posts in the Federal government.

Saacid has failed in Kismayo conflict, in Puntland relations, in the defeat of Alshabaab, in pretty much everything. It is true the president drove and still drives many of the policies that brought his government to a halt. But Saacid has shown uncharacteristic obedience. So my thinking is if a new prime minister takes the helm, he will have a fresh start and probably be a better position to learn from Saacid's mistakes.

Also, our hope is the new prime minister will be more technocrat, more competent in understanding the constitution and the role of PM, and most definitely a person who is well versed with the donor communities innerworkings ...

STOIC   

I get where Xiin is coming from.His take is no different than the online opinion posted by Feisal Roble. Seems like they are responding in spirit of the PM opposing Jubbaland thing..All this is rather obvious, isn't it? Their subjective confidence in their judgment that a new Prime Minister will move things faster (the whole Jubaland snail pace) towards defeating Alshabab is not a reasoned evaluation of the probability that the new guy will deliver! Most Somali Prime Minister act as an agent for the president and the answer that the president will appoint someone who is against his agenda is plainly ridiculous.

Mooge   

saacid should go for being the most toothless, spineless prime minister we have ever seen. this should be a lesson for any future somali prime ministers. being the most obedient, most willing to adopt HAG agenda will not buy you survival at the end of the day.

any prime minister should stand his ground, lead the country, fight for what he believes in and if the president gets rid of him, atleast he was being himself and refused to become a tool for someone else. saacid failed to understand that basic truth.

what a shame. what a shame.

I dont think saacid will leave villa Somalia with out a fight and he has professor galaydh on his side and many MPS from his clan and his inlaws the powerful once habargangester clan from the middle regions.

Classified;985915 wrote:
Why can't we just balkanize Somalia? Why can't Kismaayo and Garoowe secede from Muqdisho, like Hargeisa did? We're just prolonging the inevitable.

Somalia is indivisible my friend maxaad dalka u kala qeybin. the people of Somalia do not want Somalia to be divided so it will remain one nation the blue and the white star long live.

Dalmar1   

Xaaji Xunjuf;985933 wrote:
Somalia is indivisible my friend maxaad dalka u kala qeybin. the people of Somalia do not want Somalia to be divided so it will remain one nation the blue and the white star long live.

Well done, the first separatist i've seen in a long time that hasn't lost his common sense or rather i say Clouded by emotions!

Somalia is indeed indivisible, From Zeila to Ras-Kamboni!