Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Tropical cyclone hits Republic of Somaliland

*Ibtisam;985742 wrote:
The weather is starting to clear and most places, including Hargeisa airports are reopening here. Sun is even shinning- although still heavy clouds around. And it is starting to rain again as I type!

The death toll in Somaliland is quite low compared to
other Somali areas
- just heavy rain which if it continues for few days can cause damage and floods.

Subxanallah may allah aid all those affected- particularly the homeless and those who live in shacks/ nomads. Its been windy and cold.

Disaster has no religion, politics or division- therefore the response should have no distinction.

What other "Somali areas" might that be? :D

*Ibtisam;985742 wrote:
The weather is starting to clear and most places, including Hargeisa airports are reopening here. Sun is even shinning- although still heavy clouds around. And it is starting to rain again as I type!

The death toll in Somaliland is quite low compared to
other Somali areas
- just heavy rain which if it continues for few days can cause damage and floods.

Subxanallah may allah aid all those affected- particularly the homeless and those who live in shacks/ nomads. Its been windy and cold.

Disaster has no religion, politics or division
- therefore the response should have no distinction.

What other "Somali areas" might that be? :D

N.O.R.F   

Ilaahay ha u naxaristo those that lost their lives. Masaakiintana ha u sahlo. Amin.

Even the most advanced countries fail to cope with such storms.

Ibtisam   

Classified;985748 wrote:
What other "Somali areas" might that be?
:D

What is with big smile adiga?

Puntland, Somalia and Ethiopian Somalis- where did you think I meant? China? :rolleyes: Not everything need be a debate-

*Ibtisam;985750 wrote:
What is with big smile adiga?

Puntland, Somalia and Ethiopian Somalis- where did you think I meant? China? :rolleyes: Not everything need be a debate-

Afkaad soo marin kariweydey at first, Ayeeyo. Miyaadan ogayn dhulku waa Somaliland. :D

Tallaabo   

Saalax;985644 wrote:
Video of the heavy rains in Burao. People are worried the Togdheer seasonal river might bust if the rains continue.

roobabaka burco ka daaaya

The Burco dry river looks vicious subxaanallah. The police should ban all those crazy boys from approaching the banks and the bridges should be closed to the public. The structural integrity of the banks and the bridges can be compromised by the powerful torrents so those areas should be a no go zone for the ignorant public.

Tallaabo   

I wish the government of Somaliland invested in the construction of reservoirs to collect the seasonal water from the dry rivers. We are wasting a precious resource:(

Ibtisam   

Classified;985752 wrote:
Afkaad soo marin kariweydii at first, Ayeeyo. Miyaadan ogayn dhulku waa Somaliland.
:D

Ayeeyo, I think waxba ku dhaqdhaqaya- anigu I have no problem saying any part or specific area- it is a generic and inclusive comparison to where I LIVE which has had a low death toll -3 compared to say for example Puntland with a death toll of 300 as it says on the other thread.

As I said this is neither the time or place for childish squabbles. It does not matter what the DHULKU is when people die. Grow up.

Maqane   

Saalax;985635 wrote:
AUN

zBRuFd8.png

Aniga waxaan inta badan ka walwalaa, fiilooyinkan/xargahan korontada ee meel kasta ka laalaada, dhacdooyinkan oo kale khatar bay geeysan karaan. The government should pay special attention to this and and must invest in electricity infrastructure because it will surely save many lives.