Sign in to follow this  
LanderPhillie

Ahmed Hassan; the first Somali elected to a city council in US

Maqane   

Actually, what landerPhillie trying to say is Ahmed was born in the self declared state ''Somaliland'' and is of Somali-American origin so the Somaliland media must have reported the news. Soo saas maaha, LanderPhillieooow/LanderPhillieeey inaar?

PS: Ha layaabina, he's/she's an introvert so he/she can't say things straight.

Safferz   

^^ hey, introverts say things straight :P

Che -Guevara;984882 wrote:
What does this get to do with Somaliland?

Congrats to both men, good start for Somali yanks.

Because a lot of overzealous SL nationalists don't see themselves as part of the larger Somali community, and narrowly focus on the interests and accomplishments of their own. Take Saalax for instance, had he started this thread he likely would have coined the term Somalilander-American :D

Miyir   

Safferz;984892 wrote:
^^ hey, introverts say things straight
:P

Because a lot of overzealous SL nationalists don't see themselves as part of the larger Somali community, and narrowly focus on the interests and accomplishments of their own. Take Saalax for instance, had he started this thread he likely would have coined the term
Somalilander-American
:D

lol i like that sounds better:cool: my ayeeyo from that side of Somalia, can I call my self?

Safferz   

Miyir;984897 wrote:
lol i like that sounds better:cool: my ayeeyo from that side of Somalia, can I call my self?

Women don't count dee, I'm half Somalilander-Canadian myself but we're not welcome lest we upset the clan makeup of the Afro-Hashemite republic by granting citizenship to those of us mixed with Somali blood (unless like Saalax, it's your mom who is from Somalia, but don't question it) :P It's a democracy when it's convenient though!

Miyir   

SomaliPhilosopher;984898 wrote:
^^Markaas you are a 1/4 Afro-Hashemite and 3/4 Somali, quite the exotic specimen you are aren't you?

whats is the use? where XX and Saalax call the shots can':mad:t vote

Miyir   

Safferz;984899 wrote:
Women don't count dee, I'm half Somalilander-Canadian myself but we're not welcome lest we upset the clan makeup of the Afro-Hashemite republic by granting citizenship to those of us mixed with Somali blood (unless like Saalax, it's your mom who is from Somalia, but don't question it)
:P
It's a democracy when it's convenient though!

its time we start our own rebel group!! bring down the power, Im good cook will leave the fighting for you guys:cool:

Safferz   

Miyir;984901 wrote:
its time we start our own rebel group!! bring down the power, Im good cook will leave the fighting for you guys:cool:

I think you're on to something here... there are certainly enough of us disenfranchised and disposessed half-breeds with enough resentment to fuel real opposition to the powers that be in Somaliland, if not overtake the government entirely. SL should watch out, waanu qabsanayna :P

Congratulations to Ahmed Hassan. I also read somewhere there was a Somali guy from that same city running for Mayor. Anyone know if he he got in?

I have question how come Somalis only started recently going for the council seat Somalis have been in the United states for more than 30 years, if not more, do Somalis need a longer time to integrate into the society?

Saalax   

Well done our fellow Somalilander.

Safferz Adigu ciid ku diiday citizenship maleh laakin waxad aad uu jeceshay reer Koonfureedka ku

hoos nool tangiiyaada Uganda iyo Burundi. Tasa laga diidaay. Qofkii jecel AMISOM, Xamar ha

deego.

Safferz   

Saalax;984978 wrote:
Well done our fellow Somalilander.

Safferz Adigu ciid ku diiday citizenship maleh laakin waxad aad uu jeceshay reer Koonfureedka ku

hoos nool tangiiyaada Uganda iyo Burundi. Tasa laga diidaay. Qofkii jecel AMISOM, Xamar ha

deego.

I like all Somalis, wherever they live.

STOIC;984869 wrote:
Incase some are wondering why a Lander will be tuning in here and posting this "first Somali" stuff, this guy is ethnically Somalilander as Xaaji will say it.I personally met this guy.He is Silanyo Cousin (Sub-clan politicking haha)... Well both him and Abdi Warsame got elected same night so there is No first in a race..

The above post is very troubling. I didn't know iney SOL saan kuu haleysay. Aad ayaad u fududaatay.

YOu have been reading old Oodweyne posts for far too long, ee nin yahow is qabo, sidaan xal maaha.

Saalax   

There is difference between like and love. I have no problem with the ordinary citizens of south

Somalia(not the politicians) who some of them might not hate the nation of Somaliland, however

I don't support a union with the failed area of south Somalia.