Sign in to follow this  
LanderPhillie

Ahmed Hassan; the first Somali elected to a city council in US

STOIC   

Incase some are wondering why a Lander will be tuning in here and posting this "first Somali" stuff, this guy is ethnically Somalilander as Xaaji will say it.I personally met this guy.He is Silanyo Cousin (Sub-clan politicking haha)... Well both him and Abdi Warsame got elected same night so there is No first in a race..

Axmed_Xasan.jpg

Axmed Xasan ayaa ku guuleystay doorashada golaha deegaanka Clarkston oo ka tirsan gobolka Georgia oo uu daggan yahay, isagoo helay codad gaaraya 59.6% codadkii la dhiibtay, isgaoo aad uga horreeyay xubnihii la tartamayay.

Axmed iyo Warsame ayaa la sheegay inay noqdeen labadii qof ee Somali ah oo markii ugu horreeyay ku guuleysta doorashada golayaasha deegaanka dalka Mareykanka, waxaana tani ay indha u soo jeedisay Soomaalida ku nool dalka Mareyknaka.

Doorashadan ay ku guuleysteen labadan qof ee Soomaalida ah ayaa waxay noqonaysaa mid taariikhi ah marka loo eego Soomaalida-Mareyknaka oo inta badan halkaas tagay wixii ka dambeeyay burburkii dowladdii Soomaaliya oo laga joogo 22-sano.

Maxamed Xaaji Xuseen, Hiiraan Online

maxuseen@hiiraan.com

Muqdisho, Soomaaliya

STIOc, Ahmed Hassan was declared winner few hours before Abdi Warsame. The voting was still underway in Minnesota when Ahmed won in Georgia. There is a time difference between Georgia and Minnesota. My brother knows Ahmed Hassan and he doesn't like attention and the media.

Maqane   

Congrats!! it came as a surprise to me though, because i wasn't aware of Ahmed Hassan's election.

Reer Clarkston were sleeping when this was happening miyaa? How come we were not informed before or are all the Solers focused on Minneapolis because that maters the most mise something is not ok with Somalis in US!

Ku soo dhawoow SOL Mr/MrsLanderPhillie

STOIC   

WArya,sorry I had to call you out on why you decided to make all your virgin posts( I can see you are newbie) about this "first story". I doubt it matters whose winning was announced first . They both won the same night. If anything I think the Minnesota guy deserves some merit for the campaign he run.Minneapolis city is bigger and more influential than Clarkstone for Somalis..

Hawdian   

Congrat to this guy , Woow we have a second guy this is getting better and better. Me and my pal Laziegurl are working to get a third ilamos elected just to even things out.:cool:

Abas, I got sick of the media lying and I had to set the record straight. Ahmed Hassan is the first Somali elected City councilman in America.

STOIC, the truth matters Ok. Facts are facts dee. I know his family Ahmed is not a media Whorre. He has all the money in the world and cares less about what you or I say. :) :)