Sign in to follow this  
spartacus

Somali terror suspect mohamed ahmed is at large.

Maxamad Axmed Maxamad ayaa la sheegay inuu xiriir la leeyahay ururka Al Shabaab ee dalka Soomaaliya.

Britain. Maxamad ayaa masaajidka galay isagoo xiran lebiska ragga kana soo baxay isagoo ku lebisan dharka dumarka.Waxaa dabagal ballaaran ku hayay boliiska Britain, laakin waxaa uu ka baxsaday ilaalada kaddib markii uu galay masaajid isagoo xiran lebis rageed, uuna ka soo baxay isagoo ku lebisan dharka dumarka.Guddigan waxaa caawinayo sirdoonka Britain ee M.I.5 iyo welibo ciidanka ilaalada xuduudda.Maxamad ayaa la sheegay inuu yahay ninka uu halista badan dadka baxsadka ah ee la raadinayo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/somali/war/2013/11/131106_somaliuk.shtml

Ibtisam   

Sh*it likes this complicates the debate about women's Islamic clothing in Britain- justification for the crazy racist people.

Khayr   

Why would a one off incident spark the debate about niqab? Why should any muslim be concerned about it?

Unless ofcourse, what the gaalo think influences where your allegiances are.

Ibtisam   

IT wont spark a debate about the niqab- the debate was already on going and it is well on its way of being banned in the UK. Things like this are the fuel they use for their justifications about identification etc.

And it bothers me because it criminalizes Muslim women who want and choose to wear the niqab- and if it banned in the UK it will impact Muslim women regardless of whether they wear a niqaab or not.

I dont know where you live- but we happen to live in a gaalo country- and their laws and society views and debates CAN and does make life extremely difficult for Muslim women. Of course since guys find it easier to blend in- they neither concern themselves nor bother to follow these incidents. :Cool:

why would somali girls use such big large like hijab, we had our own kind of dress and hijab, why wouldn't we wear our own clothes instead of heavy big clothes of arabian style. we had our own nice clothing, arabic tradition influencing us too much, somali girls need to get back their own origin kind of traditional dress.

Ibtisam   

Please iska amuus- it is irrelevant what Somali girls wear or want to wear. The fact is- If and when I want to wear a niqab, I should be able to.

Guzel   

Covering your face is not a matter of clothing, I support a partial ban if you enter an establishment with niqab on but should be able to walk the streets as you like.

Ibtisam   

There is no such thing as a partial ban- if we accept a partial ban, soon follows a full ban, then a hijab partial ban and eventually a hijab ban all together, then culture clothing until everyone is wearing the same high street fashion shiid- after that there will be something new to pick on- accent, colour, and so on. IF the barely Muslim, white, blond hair, green eyes Bosnian could not blend in, there is hardly room for brown Muslims.

Guzel   

I don't think UK is heading in that direction, niqab however is extreme and negates a woman's identity. The more withdrawn a community is, the easier it is to stereotype and dehumanise it.

Ibtisam   

Well growing up in the UK- I didnt think we will ever get to a stage we any article of clothing would be considered for banning. But here we are.

It is her prerogative if she wants to negate her identity- and when needed as usual for airport, identification, doctor i.e. when necessary for identification- it is not sworn on- they lift, checked and then dropped- and anyway in this day of automatic iris scans at airport- they dont even need to lift, just have your eye scanned for verification- it is truly about identification.

There is nothing extreme about the niqab- it is a preference and a sign of piety for the few that choose to wear it- and the number of women who wear it are too much of a minority to warrant all this attention.

N.O.R.F   

There are too many Somali muppet ciyaals these days. What is going on? Why isn't this guy holdiing down a decent job or studying? What happened?

Guzel   

Niqab was not prevalent then as it is now even though it is a tiny minority who wear it. I was not thinking in the lines of security, but as a way of life if you want to to work, study, etc, it is extreme to hide your face from other human beings whom we share so much with, unless you view men as beasts and women as a sexual desirable object who should be hidden.

N.O.R.F;984805 wrote:
There are too many Somali muppet ciyaals these days. What is going on? Why isn't this guy holdiing down a decent job or studying? What happened?

1992 was the last time holding down a decent job or studying mattered, ma garatay? now it's all burqas, balwad iyo bila camaal.