Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

The Lost Diamond: A new Movie from Somaliland

Tallaabo   

It is better to make movies or documentaries about the many social problems we face today instead of glorifying violence and gang culture which are alien to Somaliland.

reer SL are obsessed with action films. MBC 2 and MBC action are the nation's favourite channels. once i sat through that film with Robert Redford, Demi Moore and Woody Harrison called Indecent Proposal. there were all sorts of interpretations. :D:p

I love action Films i also love Cow boy movies Alpha if the movie has no action no shooting no blood than its pretty boring. Slaamo barooranayo iyo hebel ba hebel jecladay ma jecli , unless its a good comedy.

Tallaabo;984569 wrote:
It is better to make movies or documentaries about the many social problems we face today instead of glorifying violence and gang culture which are alien to Somaliland.

Waryaa 70% of the people of Somaliland is 35 years or younger , you cant bore them with documentaries they need some action and amusement.

Haatu   

I agree with Tallaabo. It doesn't necessarily have to be about about social issues, but make it relevant to the local society. Why not make a movie based on a geeljire looking for his long-lost camel and call it "Baadi"? You could spice it up by introducing interesting characters that send him on false leads and then subsequently talk about how he gets revenge on them for misleading him. How he visits many different cities, finds love, gets into trouble with the shady underworld only in the end to find that his camel (let's call it maandeeq) has been consumed by a great big sufi sab which he took part in the Friday before. I haven't seen a Somali film like that and is sure better than this rubbish they're trying to pass off as a movie. Just make it relevant and original.

Also, WTF is with the English title and the use of English as a whole? Is this supposed to be a Somali film or an English one? :mad: