Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

The Power of Introverts

there was no such thing in introvert and extrovert back in the days when there was no high tichie tichie ganget and fast connectivity internet. most people used to hang around when they have time and mind their own business and do they have to do.. now days people became bunch of fadhi ku dirir and bunch of nerds who is making excuse that they are introverts just because of the technology..

spartacus;989206 wrote:
there was no such thing in introvert and extrovert back in the days when there was no high tichie tichie ganget and fast connectivity internet. most people used to hang around when they have time and mind their own business and do they have to do.. now days people became bunch of fadhi ku dirir and bunch of nerds who is making excuse that they are introverts just because of the technology..

LOOL :D :D :D :D

Technology makes people a lot less social. I wonder how introverts survived back in the 15th century lmao. That's hilarious

Haatu   

I have to agree with Dr. Kenny slightly here. Hanging around with Somalis is a lot of fun and comedy for free, something you won't get online. However that doesn't mean you spend every minute of your free time outside. For example, I rarely stay out past 9:30. AFter that is my relaxation time and being outside becomes a hassle.

Haatu;989227 wrote:
I have to agree with Dr. Kenny slightly here. Hanging around with Somalis is a lot of fun and comedy for free, something you won't get online. However that doesn't mean you spend every minute of your free time outside. For example, I rarely stay out past 9:30. AFter that is my relaxation time and being outside becomes a hassle.

Somalis are the most entertaining group of people! From the eccentric habaryars, to the older men, to the young 20 year olds, to the crazy 7 year old kids, to the wadaads, they're all entertaining in their own way. An interesting group of people. I wouldn't trade being Somali for anything.

Just go on Paltalk and look at the type of discussions we Somalis get into in those chatrooms.

I don't know how anyone can be an introvert and Somali at the same time. It makes no sense

Safferz   

DoctorKenney;989239 wrote:
Somalis are the most entertaining group of people! From the eccentric habaryars, to the older men, to the young 20 year olds, to the crazy 7 year old kids, to the wadaads, they're all entertaining in their own way. An interesting group of people. I wouldn't trade being Somali for anything.

Just go on Paltalk and look at the type of discussions we Somalis get into in those chatrooms.

I don't know how anyone can be an introvert and Somali at the same time. It makes no sense

Again, you're mistaking introversion for dullness, shyness, etc. You can be all those things you've mentioned - eccentric, interesting and entertaining when with people - and still be an introvert because you don't have the constant need for social stimulation and interaction. I think a lot of aspects of our society are actually conducive to introversion, poets for example tend to be introverted and require time in their own minds to reflect on the world and compose, and it's in the nature of religious people to spend time in solitude, contemplation and worship (the video I started the thread with actually gives the example of Prophet Muhammad and other religious figures as people who would go off on their own to think, and indeed it was on one of these retreats that the Quran was revealed to him). Nomads also spend much time on their own, and I think there's much to be said about how that interaction between solitary nomad-geel-landscape has come to produce literary forms like our poetry. We have always had a mix, and Somali and introvert are not mutually exclusive.