Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

The Power of Introverts

Khayr   

Safferz;984794 wrote:
Awwwww Alpha. More qarxis: when I told him SOL sucks recently, he said "no it doesn't, we met"
:D

Shuukansi class 202....Alpha has some lines :)

So when is the big day? Alpha is the only single man with white teeth in Sland.

Safferz   

Khayr;984930 wrote:
Shuukansi class 202....Alpha has some lines
:)

So when is the big day? Alpha is the only single man with white teeth in Sland.

No date yet, just a strong possibility we'll elope when I'm in Hargeisa again next summer :P I'm surprised no one is trying to discourage me dee, does this mean we have SOL's blessings?

Khayr   

Safferz;985016 wrote:
No date yet, just a strong possibility we'll elope when I'm in Hargeisa again next summer
:P
I'm surprised no one is trying to discourage me dee, does this mean we have SOL's blessings?

He has been fighting for you on here. He has been blind sided by you.

He is a dreamer and a hopeless romantic. Just what you need to finish your thesis.

Hell, he should be your new Thesis! :)

Khayr;985041 wrote:
He has been fighting for you on here. He has been blind sided by you.

He is a dreamer and a hopeless romantic. Just what you need to finish your thesis.

Hell, he should be your new Thesis!
:)

stop spreading fitna, abti. :P

I had no idea that introverts tend to be loud on the internet, and vice-versa!

I'm an extremely extroverted person. I'm far from shy and I prefer interacting with people more than anything. I'm that talkative guy you see on the ball-court, classroom, or workplace.

Most Somali men that I know are extroverts. Very few of us are quiet and we definitely enjoy our social interactions. Even when we play video-games, we have our head-sets and microphones plugged in so we can speak to our friends online ;)

Safferz   

DoctorKenney;989172 wrote:
I had no idea that introverts tend to be loud on the internet, and vice-versa!

I'm an extremely extroverted person. I'm far from shy and I prefer interacting with people more than anything. I'm that talkative guy you see on the ball-court, classroom, or workplace.

Most Somali men that I know are extroverts. Very few of us are quiet and we definitely enjoy our social interactions. Even when we play video-games, we have our head-sets and microphones plugged in so we can speak to our friends online
;)

I suspect a large proportion of regular users of forums like this are introverts, I actually consider time on here (and Facebook and other social media and forums I frequent) to be social activity too. I'm the friend who tends to disappear for weeks or months at a time because I'm busy doing my own thing, and think texting is enough contact so why the need to hang out all the time :P I also absolutely love living alone and wouldn't trade it for anything, my apartment is my primary workspace as well.

I wouldn't necessarily say introverts have louder internet personas than their real selves though (aside from the Alphas of the world), that assumes shyness and introversion are the same. Introverts just need more alone time than extroverts do, but in social contexts can be just as lively and fun to be around personality-wise. I don't think my SOL persona is any different from real me, but it may surprise people to know I'm actually a soft spoken Somali girl who spends more time in my head than arguing with people, though I still enjoy taking people down in debates in person when the opportunity arises lol.

LOL I make regular appearances in the community, you will never find me disappearing unless I'm on vacation in another country.

And I can't stand texting when I'd much prefer face-to-face contact. All I need is about 30 minutes a day where I'm alone, and that's fine with me.

Alhamdulilah for my extroverted personality. I don't see a reason why any Somali should ever be an introvert when there's just so much going on in the world. So many people to interact with, and so much to do outside of the home. I would prefer going camping with my friends for a week than watching Netflix movies at home anyday of the week.