Sign in to follow this  
guleed_ali

UPDATE Central Bank: The President's Chief of Staff implicated in an embezzlement scandal

http://www.awdalpress.com/index/archives/25303

Looks like there's more to the resignation of the Governor. The President's Chief of Staff Kamal Dahir Guttaale is implicated in attempting to coerce the former Governor in this embezzlement scheme. Scroll to the bottom of the link to find the documented transactions between the Federal Government and Shulman Rogers as well as Podesta Group (Lobbyists).

STOIC   

Apart from all other propagandas and misinformation the websites from Mogadishu propagates when the government in Mogadishu is caught with its pants down, what is Conspicuously absent from this scandal is a damage control PR from the president office. Seems like there is an absence of interest in clearing the air and bringing those accountable to justice. Let's see how the international community that finances this government respond.The lady is brave for putting this out in the public. The only president that I had was clean of corruption that didn't even own luxurious properties was the late (AUN) Abdullahi Yusuf ( he had his shortcomings, but not stealing from the coffers)..the president need to clean his house or history will not be on his side

Hawdian   

Apophis;984277 wrote:
I find it surprising the fake moral outrage of the qurbojog crew. Corruption is the great lubricant in Africa. Qoslaye was just amateur enough to be caught twice (the smiling fool).

So Culusows Philosophy is not saving this nation but instead divide the nations assets between his fam and "Its our time to eat" mindset.

Corruption will always exist and Somalis will always use state institutions to enrich themselves particularly to climb the tribal hierarchy of Somali politics everything is justified in here.

Yeah but ya'll gotta admit that this is unprecedented. The use of Lobbyist, Law firms, shell corporations in South Africa to embezzle $100M is a game changer. We were use to the house in qurbaha or the hundreds of thousands in the Gulf etc. This is another level of corruption and with $2.4B supposedly on the way there's definitely a need to be worried. There's more to come......

Marksman   

Why are there no laws against impunity? If one is given money and there's is not even protocols to follow what's the use? And why aren't there people to check others if they are indeed doing what they were supposed to with the money.

I don't believe corruption is a problem, because there's corruption in the West as well. There is just a difference between function and dysfunctional corruption.

STOIC   

I'm not following their logic here, either. I guess the denoted message is that there is corruption in all of Africa and it is justified in stealing as long as you don't Get caught! There is more, much more to it than simply dismissing this as yet another isolated case of corruption. The difference here is that we have someone came forward with information and am guessing it is only logical for the govt to respond in a responsible manner. Criticizing those responsible to the bitter end is a perfectly legitimate response whether you are inside or outside Somalia. Now if that will help in the future is in the hand of those elected to lead

Mooge   

word in nairobi is that qoslaye has made a choice to take as much as he can no matter what anyone says. his close unuka people are saying he doesn't care anymore and will continue to take whatever he can get even if you bring a video tape of him taking it. that was eye opening statement for me because I have never heard anything like this brazen attempt in somali politics before. it is like qayli ama ha qaylin, i will take it. he belongs to a new breed of HAG corruption kingdom.

this country is going down the drains.

Mooge Culusow wants a second term and he needs the financial power to back his second presidential campaign its all a process saaxib.

Being in power is sweet no one wants to lose it.

Mooge Culusow wants a second term and he needs the financial power to back his second presidential campaign its all a process saaxib.

Xaaji Xunjuf;984346 wrote:

Incumbent President is an oxymoron in Somali Politics. We can't stand them after a year what makes you think he'll be liked in 3 years.

Marksman   

Apophis, my Q was more about why has no one even said anything about the corruption or done anything about it. I mean to think that each and everyone there to be corrupt is a bit too much.

Btw this smiling fool ( president ) has no chance in getting another term. The guy is the most incompetent leader I've seen. The guy doesn't even know how to act in diplomatic situations. He has no spine and only knows words to entice the West, like transparency, gender equality and democracy. He reminds me of a dictator and wants to do everything himself. He makes Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed look good.

If he does get another term, don't expect any progress or even fast growth in GDP these coming years. *rant over

I still have hope though.

YoniZ   

Oodweyne;984367 wrote:
Well, I think it's about him knowing that the west needs him -
to pacify his “barbarians”
- as much as he needs them to "cough up" the money for the “pacification business”.

Hence, its dilemma the west entered into with their eyes open when they pick him (or at least decided to support him) so that he can be a “hired stooge” for them so that he can “wean off”
his “terroristic-minded-barbarians”
from their terror agenda against the west.

And this is essentially akin to the manner a certain Karzai was “hired” for the sake of “civilising” the “Pashtun-of-Afghanistan”.

Hence, the west does have a problem in here, in the sense that they are between the rock and the hard place. In other words, if they don't “cough-up” the money he needs
to “stabilize” his “barbarians” in the south of Somalia
, then the west will not see the end of terrorism from that corner; not to say nothing about the danger of those “vast empty places” of his people’s territory becoming a nasty “safe-havens” of any would-be-Jihadi looking for a place to plan and plot his lust-for-murder against the West.

If on the other hand, they give to him all the money he needs, then the assumption they will have to work with it, will be that the “bulk” of it will be "trousered" by him and his clique.

Hence, their hope was that (at least from the get-go) that of course the bulk of the money will be cleanly stolen in a daylight, but at least some of it may get to the needy amongst his people as well as the fact that he will not steal the funds in so brazen of a manner not to say nothing about the
nonchalant way his people thought to steal such public funds

Consequently, they - the west - are embarrassed as much as of what he did as they are of knowing that at heart, he is their “devil” they need him to “civilized”
his “terroristic-minded-barbarians” in Somalia

Adeer, Sidee wax kaa noqdeen? waxan aflaagdo kabadan ee bahasha kala yaree.

Khayr   

Th Karzai analogy is a perfect fit. No accountability and every time an issue pops up, call the boogie men card.