Sign in to follow this  
wyre

The European Commision Announced English will be the official language of the EU

wyre   

Morning guys, long time no is maqal

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations,Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phase-in plan that would be known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" w...ill replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the"k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like "fotograf"20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be ekspekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"s in the language is disgraseful, and they should go away.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with"z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru! And zen world!

I actually read this joke in '99. A lot of jokes ayaa aqrin jiray waagaas, including this one and the other infamous one about the spelling of Mississippi and group of Talyaani men bas saaran. Laakiin adigana dhaybar kuu xirnaa waagaas.

wyre   

Haatu;984295 wrote:
Some people are only now discovering the jokes from 5 years ago
:D

على كيفك

Haatu   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;984383 wrote:
I actually read this joke in '99. A lot of jokes ayaa aqrin jiray waagaas, including this one and the other infamous one about the spelling of Mississippi and group of Talyaani men bas saaran. Laakiin adigana dhaybar kuu xirnaa waagaas.

Never wore a dhaybar in all my life. Did you think I was some privileged Xamaraawi or something? :D

Hahahah.. Maybe the joke is from Germans or Scadinavians who have no love for the "C" letter.

I have a problem of reading Somali b/c of its lack of doubles. I researched a bit and found there are double leeters but the lazy Somalis either omit or don't master the language. I love wrting in Somali but hate reading a simple passage.

How can one know what is meant by: 'bada' instead of 'badda' (the sea).

'carabka' - carrabka (the tongue).

'amaan' - ammaan (praise).

'sideed' - siddeed (eight).

Somali language needs a drastic change or it should abolished and changed with English,