Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Iran:New hope for Somalis as Iran increases humanitarian aid

Saalax   

Iranian soft power lol. The Iranians and Turks are competing for influence in Somalia.

Iran's Imam Khomeini Relief Foundation, I-K-R-F has recently donated sewing machines to women in the Somali capital Mogadishu as part of its humanitarian relief and support to the Horn of Africa country.

As many as 50 women and girls, living in Mogadishu, have taken training courses to learn how to work with these machines. Iran has several vocational training centers in the city that take up the responsibility of teaching work skills to Somali women.

These women have received certificates after passing the sewing courses and now they can open up their own business. Iranian officials here say they’re prepared to assist a friendly Muslim country that’s on the path to self-sufficiency.

Throughout the famine period, Iran delivered thousands of tons of food stuff and medical supplies to Somalia. Although that period is drawing to its end, the Islamic Republic of Iran remains at the forefront of helping the people of Somalia.

Now, the Foundation is spearheading relief efforts in Mogadishu and by its vocational centers, Iran is given fresh life and hope to the Somali youths, offering better future. Iran’s relief project has drawn warm and positive reaction from the Somalias, who are calling on other Muslim nations to beneficiaries of this project thanked Iran and called on other Muslim countries to follow Iran’s example.

Imam Khomeini Relief Foundation also sponsors Quran learning centers in Mogadishu in a bid to promote the knowledge of Islam to the Somali youth who’s been subjected to years of fighting and instability.

Somali authorities have hailed Iran’s humanitarian aid to Somalia. Through its relief work in Somalia Iran has also assisted in many projects and says it hopes to further expand its humanitarian mission all across Somalia.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/09/17/324543/new-hope-for-somalis-as-iran-increases-humanitarian-aid/

Saalax   

More about the Iranian agenda.

Iran, Somalia Seeking to Strengthen Ties

Fars News Agency

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Senior Iranian and Somali parliamentarian laid emphasis on the further enhancement of all-out relations between the two Muslim nations.

In a meeting between Chairman of the Iranian Parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commisiion Alaeddin Boroujerdi and a visiting delegation of the Federal Parliament of Somalia, led by Cabdalle Boss Axmed, the pair stressed the need for further development of mutual cooperation between Tehran and Mogadishu.

“Expansion of friendly relations in political, economic and cultural fields with Muslim countries is among the basic policies of the Islamic Republic of Iran,” Boroujerdi said during the meeting.

Axmed, for his part, said the Federal Parliament of Somalia attaches importance to bolstering political, economic and parliamentary cooperation with Iran.

Iran is an observing member of the African Union (AU) and has shown an active presence in previous AU summit meetings.

The country is considered as one of the AU's strategic partners along with India, Japan, China, several South American states and Turkey, while Tehran is also believed to be prioritizing promotion of its economic and political ties with the African states.

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2013/Oct/41791/iran_somalia_seeking_to_strengthen_ties.aspx

Hawdian   

Kuma faraxsanii inay dalka Somali farsi inu diin u dhego ardey somalied wayo farsigu wuxy imansayey diinta shicaada . Dhib uun bey sowadan shiicado sidaa dhibta beey kawadaan dalka yemen amba suriya.

YoniZ   

^ Meel walba oo Soomaali joogto waxa caada kanoqotay, tuugsi wadamo iyo hay'ado shisheeyo lala hoos ordo.

Hadii la ogolaaday iskulaadkii kaniisadaha, maxaa Shiica ka reebay inay ka qeybgasho safka lug-goynta tuugsadayaasha.

Dhaqankaas Somalidu ka dhaxashay dowlad xumada hadii aan wax laga badalin ceeb meel looga baxsan karo waa adagtahay.

Ibtisam   

This should worry Somali people. Last time I saw a delegation from Iran in Somaliland they were looking for a translating team to translate religious books into Somali- the books were basically propaganda for their history and religion- 100s of books. I know some greedy people who will take that contract despite the impact and confusion it can cause Somali people. We should have a problem with any group whose soul intention is to influence people's believe- even those sunni Muslim from Qatar or anywhere else. Wiix diin loo bahayanhey we can pick and choose what to translate or teach- laakin some group dumping an ideology or 100s of books, should be a no no.

Che -Guevara;984194 wrote:
Ibti. I would think, you will come diversity in beliefs.

There's some truth to what she's saying, this time we can listen to her.

STOIC   

Ibti, even though as a practicing Sunni Muslim I would be uncomfortable with Iranian Shia invasion of Somalia, I still think people are able to reason, asses claims and arrive at educative conclusion on their own. I understand everyone is able to reason, but unfortunately not everyone will reason perfectly through their propaganda. The risk is there, but hey let's be open for all kind of ideologies. istaghfurullah

Ibtisam   

Che- I dont like preachers- all of them- even those who have the same views as me, let alone ones I disagree with.

In any case I think our people need constructive and basic Islamic education- not propaganda material.

I said the same thing about the Egyptian Library opening in Hargeisa- they have stocked it only with books in Arabic for starts, and then the books are all about Egypt and how great Egyptians are- how does this benefit us as Somalis? I would not even mine if it was Arabic perception of the world, early sciences or something a little wider than just Egyptian civilization. I understand why they want to open it, but I dont understand Somaliiad ka dabo ordeysa and advocating for them maxaa uga shan iyo tooban aha? I asked their Somali counter part and his response was Egypt was so great that everyone should read about it- yes as leisure but how can you argue that it is a Somali natural priority to read about Egypt.

*Ibtisam;984191 wrote:
This should worry Somali people. Last time I saw a delegation from Iran in Somaliland they were looking for a translating team to translate religious books into Somali- the books were basically propaganda for their history and religion- 100s of books. I know some greedy people who will take that contract despite the impact and confusion it can cause Somali people. We should have a problem with any group whose soul intention is to influence people's believe- even those sunni Muslim from Qatar or anywhere else. Wiix diin loo bahayanhey we can pick and choose what to translate or teach- laakin some group dumping an ideology or 100s of books, should be a no no.

iranians are not that bad we should welcome them in Somaliland they are hard working people not sure about their shiasm and that they want to spread Shiasm but than again if they want to interact with us we should welcome them. I prefer them over the Arabs, Somaliland and Arabs do not get along fine. If they want to translate a few books big deal.

nuune   

Somaliland and Arabs do not get along fine

Because the Arabs stole the keys of the holy cities of Medina & Mecca from Afro Hshimittes(ethinic Somalilanders), that is what you said in another thread!

nuune   

Okey, that explains why there are so many ethnic Somalilanders named Cusmaan or Cismaan, that is after Cuthmaan Ibnu Dhalxa who during Jaahiliya time and after was the keeper of of the Ka'bah.

Adigu Xaaji, ma reer Dhaa'if baad tahey, tan kale, ma qeeb gashey duulaankii Ghazwatu Xuneyn la oran jirey.

Cadale   

nuune;984391 wrote:
Okey, that explains why there are so many ethnic Somalilanders named Cusmaan or Cismaan, that is after Cuthmaan Ibnu Dhalxa who during Jaahiliya time and after was the keeper of of the Ka'bah.

Adigu Xaaji, ma reer Dhaa'if baad tahey, tan kale, ma qeeb gashey duulaankii Ghazwatu Xuneyn la oran jirey.

what is your vandetta against the royal afro heshemite family? :mad:

nuune   

^ Oba, sxb, I have no problem with Somalilanders, just my old time friend Xaaji Xeyraan was educating me on who were the true gate-keepers of the holy cities of Mecca & Medina