Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

cubano   

Somali Army was defeated in 1978 because Siad barre did not think that Ethiopia would receive foreign help(Soviet advisers and Cuban troops).

cubano   

I just want to know what really happened in Somalia-Ethiopia War in 1978.

Abdullahi Yusuf and many more somali authors have written several books and they accept Somalia was defeated by Cuba and Soviet Union.

cubano   

I just want to know who really won Somalia-Ethiopian War in 1978.

Does anyone know the opinion of Abdullahi Yusuf about Somalian-Ethiopian War outcome?

Khadafi   

What makes me curious is what would have happened if the Soviet& Warsawa pact didnt intervene on Ethiopia's side. Somali troops and with its Soomali Abbo allies liberating Addis Abebba from Mengistu would have been a gamechanger in Ethiopias history.

cubano   

If Siad Barre defeats Mengistu in 1978, the Ethiopian history would be totally different. Ethiopia would have been destroyed as country and

Greater Somalia dream would be a reality, Somalia would have become in the dominant power in Horn of Africa.

But the reality is Somalia lost the War and after 1978,Somali Army was very weak to defeat Ethiopians.

Miyir   

cubano;985007 wrote:
I just want to have a conversation about 1977 war and Why Somalia lost the war.

poor leadership (Siyad), planing.

cubano   

Can anyone help me?

Has anyone read the memories of Abdullahi Ahmed Yusuf written in 2012?

What does Yusuf say about the Ethiopian-Somali Conflict in 1977?

For this self-declared Cuban:

27yzoi.jpg

Cuban artillery Carlos Orlando, 20, stands with two Somali insurgent soldiers at this village in the [soomaali Galbeed] desert following his capture. Somalia officials said Orlando was part of a contingent of Cubans helping Ethiopia in the desert war on the Horn of Africa.

2zhmv77.jpg

Cuban soldier Carlos Orlando, 20, (foreground with overcoat) talks to reporters here following his capture by Somali insurgents in the war-torn [soomaali Galbeed] desert region of Ethiopia. Ethiopia has denied it was using Cuban soldiers in the war against the insurgents and Somalia showed Orlando to reporters to back up their claims to the contrary.