Sign in to follow this  
Oodweyne

The awaited end of the “useless-talks” between Somaliland and Somalia is in sight.

Recommended Posts

Taleexi;983998 wrote:
Ibti, You can't have your cake and eat it too -- You are a part of Somalia in the eyes of many. You are also represented in all three areas of governance structure of the SFG but I accept people if someone wants to have fantasies because it cost nothing to have them after all.

Those people that you say "represent" Ibti's kin will be imprisoned by the very people they claim to represent if they land in Hargeisa or Berbera, unless the SFG takes full control over those towns with the help of AMISOM. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taleexi   

If history means anything waa la cafiyayaa markaas bay dadkooda ka mid noqonayaan - Somali clan dynamics is not a joke!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miyir   

Classified;983923 wrote:
Xinfaniin
, you and your kin are by far the luckiest son of a guns in Somalia. To own and run the two strongest Federal States within a Federal Somalia (Puntland and Jubbaland) is like being the United States and the Soviet Union simultaneously. What ever happens in the coming year will determine who will be the socio-political dominator in the Federal Republic of Somalia or essentially in the Horn.

 

I think
Oodweyne
, partially knows this, however he's working very hard in stealing the lands of the Makhiris and Darvishes to weaken Xinfaniin's strength, because that will ensure his folks to be strong competitors in a Federal Somalia
.
:P

I don't think so; Oodweynes's folks squandered so many opportunities if they had the wisdom instead of screaming at every passer-by this recognition nonsense for few hamlets they actually rule, all these years Somalia’s capital would have been Hargaisa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Ibtisam;983997 wrote:
Loool @ preaching secession even after Life! Me thinks he will have better things to do.

 

Somaliland was NOT an SNM vision- dont distort history. Somaliland was a public vision, the SNM just wanted to get rid of oppression but were nationalistic Somalis with a Somalia agenda. There are enough of them still alive today who testify to that, as does literature.

 

These talks are a sham, a time wasting sham- Somaliland should ignore them until Somalia has a truly representative government that is honest about rebuilding Somalia; This is the Get Rich Crew in power.

It doesn't matter if Somalia has a truly representative goverment or not, what matter is that they have a constitution for the first time and that there is some sort of governance in Somalia. Whether they are honest about rebuilding Somalia or not is not of interests when it comes to the dialogue with Somaliland. Their attitude will not change over night a 3rd party is essential to the dialogue to break the dead lock between the 2, but whether the goverment in Mogadishu stops corruption or starts behaving as a true goverment has no impact on Somaliland or the process of the talks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miyir;984004 wrote:
I don't think so; Oodweynes's folks squandered so many opportunities if they had the wisdom instead of screaming at every passer-by this recognition nonsense for few hamlets they actually rule, all these years Somalia’s capital would have been Hargaisa.

Somaliland is not fighting to rule others, this is the misconception koonfurians have.Somalilanders are not power hungry people they just want what belongs to them, the people of Somaliland believe that Somalia's problems can only be solved by the people of Somalia. Its like telling the south sudanese or the Eritreans why are you guys not fighting to rule khartoum or addis ababa from juba or asmara. Clearly there are other aspirations that play a role in here. Somaliland has decided in 1991 that the clock will be set back to 26 June 1960.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xaaji Xunjuf;984011 wrote:
Somaliland is not fighting to rule others, this is the misconception koonfurians have.Somalilanders are not power hungry people they just want what belongs to them, the people of Somaliland believe that Somalia's problems can only be solved by the people of Somalia. Its like telling the south sudanese or the Eritreans why are you guys not fighting to rule khartoum or addis ababa from juba or asmara. Clearly there are other aspirations that play a role in here. Somaliland has decided in 1991 that the clock will be set back to 26 June 1960.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miyir   

Xaaji Xunjuf;984011 wrote:
Somaliland is not fighting to rule others, this is the misconception koonfurians have.Somalilanders are not power hungry people they just want what belongs to them, the people of Somaliland believe that Somalia's problems can only be solved by the people of Somalia. Its like telling the south sudanese or the Eritreans why are you guys not fighting to rule khartoum or addis ababa from juba or asmara. Clearly there are other aspirations that play a role in here. Somaliland has decided in 1991 that the clock will be set back to 26 June 1960.

lol XX seriously? Buuhoodle and LA ? the bully in the small pond:cool:

 

I said before Habros could have ruled Somalia with everyone's consent and it may have cured the habro's inferiority and fear of other Somalis, The reason all this nonsense of recognition still exist today, yeah fear of being swallowed or becoming irrelevant in Somalia when things get back to normal.

 

don't get me wrong i like you guys (what you see is what you get, like all other rural people around the world)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ If the Somalilanders feared any one in Somalia they would've never joined them in the first place, but conflict in here is that Somaliland and Somalia tried to work out a dead on arrival marriage that seems to cause more problems than prosperity. its not about sharing power and mere political seats. Even what the SNM fought for was not about wanting to rule Somalia under their tribal domain, but more about equality justice for all Somalis. The difference between Somaliland and the Koonfurians is that they are honest about their aspirations , hadaynu wada joogi kari weynay oo aynan dawlad dhisan kari weynay oo aynan qaran wadaagi karayn adeer meesha inugu kala kexeyaa. Waanu is ag joogayna wakhtigana wanu iska luminayna dalkana Amisom iyo qawlaysato kItaabka quraanka si maskax qufulan oo akhristay iyo qolya leeh mamuul beeleed baanu leenahay hada tayada la diido wani iska goo'saanayna. And last but not least the Koonfurians gave up on Somaliweyn and that was the main reasons why Somaliland joined with Somalia in the first place.

 

Not that just the 2 that unites in 1960 but all 5. But Koonfurians gave up on the Somaliweyn cause as whole, and Somaliland gave up on the Somali defunct republic. Action reaction, Miyir the pirates have been threatening with secession for many times the past few years if Federalism governing system is abolished than they will break away from Somalia faroole said it several times. Are the pirates inferior to the HAGs in Mogadishu, by your logic they are, the fundamental difference between Somalilanders and the pirates , is that the pirates attach conditions to the union with the HAGS. And Somalilanders dont war ma inagi ba isu qayilnay. How many times did faroole say Puntland , Somalia uma baahna eeh Somalia u bahaan Puntland lol. Again we will not bring democracy to Somalia Somalilanders will not rule you do it your self or ask the Ugandans Kenyans and Ethiopians for guidance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saalax   

Ibti The public also wanted a independent Somaliland, that is not in dispute. SNM changed

course after one of the southerners unilaterally declared them self "president" > Cali Mahdi.

To that point along with the public they realized it wasn't worth sharing a country with southerners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saalax   

Classified;983991 wrote:
I believe
Xinfaniin
isn't from reer Garaad. :confused:

 

He is Maakhiri ragi laga xoogay Ceerigaabo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm speechless for those who still have hope that SL will reconcile somaliweyn and join again, history repeats it self, the day somaliland and somalia put the table about sensitive part whether to unify again or otherwise, it's up to SL and you know what. mar i dage alle ha dago marlabaad i daga anigaa is dagay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 30 years the union wala is bartay Somalilanders and the Koonfurians before the 1960 union, the 2 people had no clue of each other they only knew they shared a similar culture and were linguistically affiliated, and brothers and sisters in islam. And the Somalilanders in the 50s felt betrayed by the colonial powers and joined the Somaliweyn bandwagon i believe if the treasonous agreement between Haile salassie and the than British Empire never occurred, the founders of Hisbullah the SNL Ali meygaag and Sayid Ahmed Alazhari of burco they would've never led the SNL to the greater Somali weyn goal. I believe the SNL would be the least popular party than the NUF and of Michael mariano and the USP of Ali garaad would won the support of the Somaliland parliament. But times has changed the people of Somaliland have completely given up on a re unification with Somalia, the next generation were all born in the mid and late 80s, and have no clue that we were even once part of a nation called the Somali republic.

 

They got to know the Koonfurians very well in the 30 years union they understand that a union is not beneficial to Somaliland not politically not economically. The Koonfurians are led by their leaders good or bad the Somalilanders are led by their people, in 1960 the people of Somaliland were calling the loudest for a union, bila shuruud. Because Somalilanders viewed the Koonfurians just like they view themselves. This was a terrible misconception, and it hunts the Somalilanders till this day, the Koonfurians might be in culture the same as the Somalilanders. But when it comes to political culture, tradition ethics morals and other human values., the 2 are not even close, and they live into distinct planets. Another problem with our brothers the Koonfurians is that they believe Silanyo Egal and Rayaale were holding the people hostage , the SNM leaders were the closest unionists. But since the wars in the 80s the idea of an independent Somaliland was in the hearts and minds of the people of Somaliland. It was not talked about it in the open but it was certainly alive. SNM elites were forced to fulfill the wishes of the masses in Somaliland and so they they re declared their independence in 1991 in 18 may.

 

 

The Future generations

 

k2ipmt.jpg

 

2upe2aa.jpg

 

2ewozkg.jpg

 

The youth in SL grew up in a democracy

somaliland-2010_06_22_0336_0.jpg

 

531435_304876579608273_1461771534_n.jpg

 

Somalilanders%20have%20%20huge%20challen

 

210xao3.jpg

 

And i believe those who are part of the Somaliland defense forces were born in the early 80s when SNM was in the bushes

 

18may46-618x396.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oodweyne   

Baashi,.. :D :D

 

Saaxiib, it really is so difficult to make you see sense. You see, you still think that those who are trying to legitimise their state-hood on the back of what is accepted by the whole of the African’s political state as “intra-state-borders” are conducting themselves along the shameful scene that is readily reminiscent of the reality that was once had at the plantation below the “Mason-Dixon-line”, with their teaming “two-tier-category-negroes”.

 

While, on the other hand you believe those who rely on the political muscle of our neighbouring states (like Kenya and Ethiopia) which is a political conduct which singularly befits the behaviour of a “collaborationist ” at best, or “shoe-shining-hired-stoogism” at worse, are conducting themselves as if they basically doing what is natural in the order of national politics… :D :D

 

Hence, in your pitiful sight, it seems to you, that Somaliland’s crime is so singularly unforgiveable while in turn the politics of the “defeated lot” in recent years has nothing to which it could reproach itself for it; even if you know that the salient feature of that politics of the “Defeated lot” has all the whole-mark of relying on a “borrowed-muscle” from others.

 

But, then again, your blind hypocrisy will not allow you to see the preposterous argument you are making in this “public square”. Nor for that matter your “terror-inducing-fear” of others political potency vis-à-vis your lot, could allow you to reason sanely, particularly as to why the “nakedness” of your position really requires others to have a “golden-moment-of-silence” from you.

 

And they really “deserve” a moment of silence from you, since the minute you open your mouth about what others are, will only in turn solicit a laughter from them, given the fact that whatever others are in your eyes, they at least are ten times better sight than “your community” could ever hope to be in the current reality.. :D

 

All in all; as I have said it, repeatedly, Somaliland has no case to ashamed of; nor does she have any reason to feel, politically, that they have sinned against any notion of morality, ethics, or come to think of it, against any high principle, in whose it’s exacting edict, Somaliland was supposed to uphold it.

 

So, in that sense, I really do not see any purchase your “self-serving” and some-what deeply unconvincing argument has in here; other than it being a silly “paint-job” in whose it’s brush-stroke you think you could be use it to “darken” the good name of Somaliland vis-à-vis her case for international recognition.

 

However, what really ought to have concentrated your mind (if that is, you have the “innate wisdom” to tell the chaff from the wheat) is the fact is that while we are discussing what “high-crime” of “national morality” as well as “social dishonour” Somaliland was supposed to have done it in your eyes, particularly in her pursuit of international recognition, you seemed to have over-looked the “elephant-in-the-room”.

 

And that is, namely the conduct of your “political brethren” ever since the notion of “begging others” to make you something of a “political kind” in the eyes of Somalis has been “normalised” by your folks, particularly as political conduct.

 

Hence, this is the sight - a “deeply unappealing sight” - that should of double-bent you with a sense of cringing “shame” for you people and their recent political conduct, at least in my view.

 

 

******************

 

PS:-

 

Che,

 

I think you know the answer to your question. And that is, simple, if and when these talks failed (as they were bound to fail) then, we in Somaliland have done the "condition", in whose its existence, others were using it as an excuse. Particularly, some members of the international community (IC) were trying to hide behind that “condition”. And by that I mean, as you know the international community (IC) have had a long standing and some-what "passable excuse" in this issue.

 

 

And that was their argument of saying that the "two Somali parties" must talk first, and then only then will we see to it to interfere their bilateral talks, if for example, the "talks" between the parties, irrevocably collapse.

 

Hence, our argument is simply to say that we have done the "wretched talks"; and as usual those talks between the “Somali parties”, only defined the "unbridgeable gulf" between them. Hence it's now the time for them (meaning the IC) to roll up their sleeves and actively engage this dead-lock.

 

Of course, there is no telling whether the said IC will be incline to get involve in that eventuality; but, the good thing about it, is that the issue will be heading to a conflict between the parties, pretty soon, if for example the talks collapse and parties are then free to do their worst.

 

Also, the strict understanding was that the IC (or some members of them) have indicated that if the talks were to fail, then, they, themselves, will see the need to be involved in, not as any “favor” to any Somali party, but as out of their strategical and commercial interest.

 

Hence, if the talks fail, as I expect them to fail, then many "roads" that was blocked because other states were waiting on the “side-lines” to see whether Somali parties can come to understanding between themselves, will free and open for others to pass through; and therefore, they will be free to “act” out of their own interests. And there lies Somaliland’s case to others and hence, it’s our job to convince them to do what is in their interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't understand what all this fuss and fear-mongering is about, ruunti. it's pitfall to standby with a bucket of water in case the fire next door spreads. what i'll do instead is to continue on my chosen path. life carries on in SL as it did last year and as it will carry on next year God willing. marka to the foolish folks typing behind computer screens predicting doom and gloom and hurling insults, i say isku xishooda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saalax;984021 wrote:
Ibti The public also wanted a independent Somaliland, that is not in dispute. SNM changed

course after one of the southerners unilaterally declared them self "president" > Cali Mahdi.

To that point along with the public they realized it wasn't worth sharing a country with southerners.

She's appeaser, she's always attempting to sound "diplomatic" and separate herself from the hardliners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this