Sign in to follow this  
Oodweyne

The awaited end of the “useless-talks” between Somaliland and Somalia is in sight.

You said, "Oodweyne. What next for this project if the talks failed and IC are hedging their bets on Xamar?", insinuating that the IC don't care about the self-determination of Hargeisa, but rather supporting Xamar's political, economical and military domination over ALL other regions, even when some of those regions are settled by Non-Mogadishians.

Oodweyne   

Che,

Here is your answer for what is in store for Somaliand, if the IC refused to get involved in the looming dead-lock. Not, that I agreed with they will stay away from that knotty problem in the first place; since, they are the ones who "engineered" these "bilateral talks" in the first place. Anyway, our position, will be essentially this:

"....To us in Somaliland, so long we have our territories, and means to enforce our verdict on our land without getting any interference from anyone; as well as having a direct and “unobstructed connection” with the powers-that-be, then the claim of Hassan Sheikh and his government on our territory is nothing more than a “water-over-a-duck’s-back” (to say the least).

This is our bottom line, and if that bottom-line gets to be enhance with international de-jure (which is what recognition is), then so much the better. If not, then, all the same, for our fate is still in our hand. Unlike some other folks, who either will sit at the “back-of-the-bus” (politically, in Somalia) at best. Or failing that, then perhaps, at worse, will require the “borrowed muscles” of others to make their mark in the Somali peninsula.

So, as you can gather, I, as a Somalilander, am sitting pretty much in my deck chair with a good hand of cards, when it comes to the “high-poker-game” of the Somali politics...."

Oodweyne. That's more rhetoric than substance. Let's get down from deck chair, the ultimate goal as narrated by successive Sland Governments is a political divorce from Somalia that results in Somaliland being recognized and borders delineated. While the IC engages Somaliland on development issues and Ethiopia on security level, there is nothing to indicate any country or organization will help Somaliland get that coveted recognition and acceptance into the community of nations. How does Sland can get there or is it a happy being a de-facto entity?

Classified. You seem to be projecting your own subconscious ideas onto others.

Oodweyne i doubt the international community will call it a day when the talks fail and ignore the real conflict that is between Somalia and Somaliland about their future relationship. Diplomatically hassan and his goverment have a head start since they are from a legal perspective seen as the sole representative of the defunct Somali republic.

The Men and Woman in Brussels and London and in Washington are aware of the situation, but they dont want to limit a goverment they just gave their full legitimacy which was that the goverment in Mogadishu restores some kind of governance in the south and consolidate their power there. But as for Somaliland they categorized Somaliland under the special arrangement with in the so called new deal framework it illustrates a political image that Somaliland is not attached to the SFG in Somalia. Because the 2 have yet not clarified their future relations and their talks are still ongoing so if the talks fails, the ball is in their court and they are not irresponsible people and know what is at stake in this volatile region the horn of Africa.

Xaaji X hoping IC will deliver the goods for him when the push comes to shove :D , and Oodweyne heeding the command of his nomadic heart:Ninkii rag ahi ha iga qaado Maandeeq

Xaaji Xunjuf;983907 wrote:
Oodweyne i doubt the international community will call it a day when the talks fail and ignore the real conflict that is between Somalia and Somaliland

Excuse me? I thought SNM (Somaliland) had a problem with Siad Barre's regime? When did it transform into a "Somalia vs SNM (Somaliland)"? :confused: When the Siad Barre regime collapsed, the Somali Republic fell into 20+ years of chaos and anarchy. So, to say that there is a conflict between Somalia and a region within Somalia named "Somaliland" is ridiculously absurd. lol

xiinfaniin;983908 wrote:
Xaaji X hoping IC will deliver the goods for him when the push comes to shove
:D
, and Oodweyne heeding the command of his nomadic heart:Ninkii rag ahi ha iga qaado Maandeeq

Ma jinbaa ma jaanbaa. Ha dhaqkhleyso!

Xiinfaniin that Somalilanders will defend their land with their guns is no secret because that distinguishes Somalilanders from Koonfurians. Koonfurians put their hopes in the hands in the African union Mercenaries. But i was talking about the role of the international community and the way they view the disagreement between Somalia and Somaliland on their future relationship

:D :D@Classified

Ha Dhakhlayso indeed. Classified aniga waad i og tahay oo geed dheer oo Federal la yiraahdo baan dooxa Garoowe iyo webi Ganaane ka fuushanahay, reer Waqooyi iyo qoloda dadka cayrsata ee Abwaan madaxda u yahay dan iyo heello midna kama lihi

Dalmar1   

Xaaji Xunjuf;983913 wrote:
Xiinfaniin that Somalilanders will defend their land with their guns is no secret because that distinguishes Somalilanders from Koonfurians. Koonfurians put their hopes in the hands in the African union Mercenaries. But i was talking about the role of the international community and the way they view the disagreement between Somalia and Somaliland on their future relationship

:D defend somaliland kulaha LOL, warya what you have is a triangle state!,LOL.

Classified;983910 wrote:
Excuse me? I thought SNM (Somaliland) had a problem with Siad Barre's regime? When did it transform into a "Somalia vs SNM (Somaliland)"? :confused: When the Siad Barre regime collapsed, the Somali Republic fell into 20+ years of chaos and anarchy. So, to say that there is a conflict between Somalia and a region within Somalia named "Somaliland" is ridiculously absurd. lol

With siyad bare Somalilanders had a political and military conflict, with Somalia post Maxamad afweyne, Somalilanders have a political and nationalistic conflict.

Dalmar1;983918 wrote:
:cwhat,....... defend what, your triangle state!,LOL.

No from Lowya cade up to Yoocade , maybe you dont know but Somaliland is all over sool and sanaag and Awdal :D

Screaming from hotels will not remove the Afro hashimite republican guards from the boundaries of Somaliland, nor do we hide behind the Ugandan and Kenyan barracks in Southern Somalia. Hadal baad haysa ragna isma taqanan.

xiinfaniin;983914 wrote:
:D
:D@Classified

Ha Dhakhlayso indeed. Classified aniga waad i og tahay oo geed dheer oo Federal la yiraahdo baan dooxa Garoowe iyo webi Ganaane ka fuushanahay, reer Waqooyi iyo qoloda dadka cayrsata ee Abwaan madaxda u yahay dan iyo heello midna kama lihi

Xinfaniin, you and your kin are by far the luckiest son of a guns in Somalia. To own and run the two strongest Federal States within a Federal Somalia (Puntland and Jubbaland) is like being the United States and the Soviet Union simultaneously. What ever happens in the coming year will determine who will be the socio-political dominator in the Federal Republic of Somalia or essentially in the Horn.

I think Oodweyne, partially knows this, however he's working very hard in stealing the lands of the Makhiris and Darvishes to weaken Xinfaniin's strength, because that will ensure his folks to be strong competitors in a Federal Somalia. :P