Sign in to follow this  
Oodweyne

The awaited end of the “useless-talks” between Somaliland and Somalia is in sight.

Oodweyne;983844 wrote:
^^^
:D

And it's pity none of them can land or even come to an inch of Somaliland without risking them cooling their back-side in Mandera prison as a "illigel aliens" who tresppased into the Somaliland's territories..

This is another think they forget to tell you, when they have thought you how to copy and paste to your heart's contents.

Where are they gonna land planes are not safe to land in Eagle International airport kkkkk

all these fancy English word are not gonna bring recognition , If i was you i would advise snm hargese folks to starte doing their pit 2 + regions to form a Federal state .

How can you Convince the Somali People to grant the entire North of Somalia to Minority Habros snm clan to be their kingdom nonsense .

Oodweyne   

Malistar,

I think you need to concentrate a bit more on the "copy-and-paste" task; since, by the looks of it, talking about other stuff is not yet in your league yet. As for Egal Airport, well I am happy it's not finished yet; after all if the news went about that it's ready for business, then it could be possible that a "teaming looters" may descend on it in the nick of time.

And do not think it's far fetched idea, because, you see, right there in Hargeisa, we have a few thousands of your ilk who came to us for safety after the Ethiopians made a mince-meat of their town back in the days of Col. Yey's Ethiopians stoogism. Hence, it's possible that they have carried" their "DNA-in-thievery" all the way to the refugee camps in the outskirts of Hargeisa.. :D

Oodweyn

What type of traditional dance will the Folks in Haregesa play when President of Somalia lands in Hargesa broken Airport

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Is the likes of you who are claiming whats not yours and forcing people to believe in to your secessionist dream , absent of Government for 23 years made the regime in Hargesa believe they can break Somalia into tribal state . tell Silaanyo start shinning his rusty Ak nothing comes free in Somalia specially a entire land .

Dalmar1   

Oodweyne;983844 wrote:
^^^

And it's pity none of them can land or even come to an inch of Somaliland without risking them cooling their back-side in Mandera prison as a "illigel aliens" who tresppased into the Somaliland's territories..

This is another think they forget to tell you, when they have thought you how to copy and paste to your heart's contents.

Excuse me if i'm off track here, but isn't Abdishire (Lieutenant official of Puntland State of SOMALIA) at this moment in taleex and was weeks before in Buhoodle, so what happened to prisoning illegal aliens who trespass in your so called fantasyland's republic territories:confused:, like i thought ''puppets with no teeth'' HARMLESS!,......

Your fancy words (the way our brother malistar puts it) wont help you escape the hard facts on the ground no matter how hard you twists words into your liking, you guys will always be destined to be forever ruled by others!

Tallaabo   

Dalmar1;983852 wrote:
Excuse me if i'm off track here, but isn't Abdishire (Lieutenant official of Puntland State of SOMALIA) at this moment in taleex and was weeks before in Buhoodle, so what happened to prisoning illegal aliens who trespass in your so called fantasyland's republic territories:confused:, like i thought ''puppets with no teeth'' HARMLESS!,......

Your fancy words (the way our brother malistar puts it) wont help you escape the hard facts on the ground no matter how hard you twists words into your liking, you guys will always be destined to be forever ruled by others!

The politicians from Puntland illegally crossing our borders is part of a long running peaceful political saga which has been taking place in those eastern regions of Somaliland all the time. It is part of the tolerated political thug of war we engage with Puntland and has nothing to do with Mogadishu.

Oday Oodweyne that the talks are headed towards a solid dead lock can be agreed on how ever lets not give up to early these talks were a process for more serious talks. Its all about warming up for the final destination, they the (Koonfurians) know this to. The talks couldn't come a better time ,what Somaliand also gained in here was that it was not sending double signals. And it was receiving the international coverage that these talks where about clarifying the future relations of Somalia and Somaliland. The serious negotiations await us where we will be discussing the most substantial conflicting interests of the Somalia and Somaliland people.

If the talks become a complete failure than our international partners who initiated these talks from the beginning need to come with some concrete solutions in which the goverment of Somalia and Somaliland can renew their talks and than with Norwegian French and British arbitrators, and than the talks will become more interesting. What also needs to be addressed is the air space joint agreement signed by both the SL and Somalia governments the Koonfurians need to honer the signed agreements.

Tallaabo;983853 wrote:
The politicians from Puntland illegally crossing our borders is part of a long running peaceful political saga which has been taking place in those eastern regions of Somaliland all the time. It is part of the tolerated political thug of war we engage with Puntland and has nothing to do with Mogadishu.

He doesn't know General Cabdi samad was a former Somaliland police commander lol

Baashi   

;)Adduun -- Awoowe salaadii casar ma is qaban la'dahay

I don’t really have time for this delusional outburst from our dear friend and guru Oodweyne. I really really don't. But then again the sane folks in the forum:) have a duty to point out this flight into fantasy our guru is engaged in for what it is – an escape from reality.

As always the guru is leading the frustrated lot. Consider this: -- Nascent democracy, relative peace, reconstruction of the urban cities leveled by the former military junta – all of those achievements which should have been undertaken for the benefit of the people and the good of the country anyway were instead used as bargaining chip to demand unqualified and illegal recognition.

Today after twenty years iyo hudhudhu, the northwest recovery area of Somalia aka Somaliland remains part and parcel of Somalia [in name only yes but in legal sense as well]. Somalia itself is still and remains to be a failed state in intractable and deep-rooted clan vs. clan conflict. In addition to the civil strife largely driven by the negative tribalism its people are known to practice there are other variable injected by religious fanatics at work complicating the resolution to the conflict. The latter draws the attention and interference of foreigners -- regional and world powers.

Secessionists are operating under this background and are demanding the attention and the help of the powers-that-be to dismember the Somali state not because it is failed state or they waited Benadir long enough to get back on the saddle but because – get this – they the Somaliland that is – were colonized and subjugated by different European power or have grievances against a regime that is no longer in power!! No kidding -- this is raison d’etre the whole secession scheme rests on.

Now there is federal government in Benadir, shored up and nursed by IC, Secessionists leadership find it beneficial to agree to enter negotiation with SFG in Mogadishu. Remember the leverage or the threat that the recovery area will secede is not there anymore as that card has already been prematurely played. Secession was declared twenty years ago when Somalia situation was tenfold worse than today.

In fact at issue is who has the jurisdiction over all the territories of Somalia. This includes borders, entry ports (seaports & airports), etc. Different but related issue is also that now IC and Uncle Sam have recognized SFG as the legitimate authority of the state, who should IC enter agreements with. This has far reaching consequences with localities outside the Federal system.

You follow:) -- Secessionists entered into this negotiation with the suggestion that SFG agree that things will stay business as usual in SL while the negotiation continues. The secessionists didn’t undertake this initiative on their own free will or toothless SFG in Benadir has a power to do anything about the affairs of the recovery area of SL. No! SL needs the handouts of sympathetic states, commerce with other countries and all the things sovereign state needs in oder to operate within international norms.

Oodweyne won’t tell you and Siilaanyo will not say it out loud but Hargeisa is pushing power-sharing scheme of the South-North type. SFG is not willing and has no mandate to entertain that. No agreement by 2016 – secessionist leadership will lose all the priviliages accorded to them.

All the Somali players know the futility of waging clan wars. It took them 20 years to learn that lesson. However, they are now engaged in another futile exercise where they cut deals with foreign entities behind others back in order to get the upper hand in the tribal sumo wrestling they’re so fond of playing.

But what we know huh! Our guru will tell us that his tribal homeland is an inch away from getting full blow recognition on the basis now defunct colonial border. Don’t be surprised if he tells you that he met a British minister and he’s been assured things will go his way.

A typical house negro mentality :)

Oodweyne   

Baashi,

I hear you say, others are conducting themselves in a manner that will be akin to a typical of a “House Negro”, eh, my friend (:D). Well, I must have touched a raw nerve with that other thread about how some are in a reduced political circumstances, particularly of the kind that defines who sits “in-the-back-of-the bus” in the future Somalia.. :D

But, then I suppose this notion of throwing insults to every corner, like so much of confetti seemed to be your preferred modus-operandi, at least as of late. After all, it was only yesterday we behold you so much trying, desperately to hide your blushes, by accusing others of living in an alternative universe, or even a parallel reality. Hence, this latest one is in one piece with that established trait of yours.. :D

But, if I am honest in here, let’s see who is closer to be classified as a “house negro” in here. Well, I hate to bring up an ancient history, but, correct me if I am wrong, for I do recall a certain gentleman by the name of Col. Yey coming to Mogadishu, on top of an Ethiopian’s tank, while his clannish cheerleaders were ululating in the street for his conduct of being a “retained stooge”.

Furthermore, just like the old Plantation scene, he was happy to take his orders from a lowly Ethiopian’s colonel, just so long as that man can allow him to pass himself off as a leader of his nation. And this view of reality is no different than the old “house negro” of the plantation scene, who thinks he hit the jack-pot of luck, just because he doesn’t eat with field-slaves. :D

So, in nutshell, I fear, some are closer to be classified to house negro for any passing third-power in the horn at the present time than those of us in Somaliland.. :D

Secondly, they are closer to be defined as“house slaves" of our time, since, ever since they have experience their genuine political defeat and as well as the lack of ability to settle account with others, afterwards, they seemed to have convince themselves, that the best their lot could do is to basically offer their good name any passing “muscle-men” as their shoe-shiners.

Particularly, if in return, those “muscle-men” will treat them little bit more dignified than the other Somalis, who should be according to these “defeated lot” should be the field-slaves; even, if those same field slaves have bested them in a broad day light… :D

Thirdly, in my experience, there are things, one should not easily tempt. And one of those things is the artefacts known as a “boomerang”. And, the reason is that, one could be liable to become a victim of it, if one is foolhardy to dabble with it.

And, it’s precise such a thought that did cross my mind, when I have notice, how our friend, Baashi, had moved away from his usual cheap insults of calling others that they are out of their minds or they are living in the “alternative universe”, into that of saying that others are “house negro”; without never noticing that ever since 1991, there was a single community in the whole of the Somali penisula, who has shown the “aptitude” of being a certifiable “House Negro” for any passing man-with-a-muscle.

And that was the case with Col. Yey. And, it’s the case now with the “recent experience” of seeing a certain “Kikuye’s shoe-shiners”, trying to live large with a “borrowed muscle” from the neighbouring country of Kenya, just so that they could build their Jubbaland.

Consequently, seeing our Baashi, freely suggesting that others are behaving like so much of a “house Negros”, while all along his dearest and nearest are carrying the weight of others on their shoulders right there in the Somali house, while everyone else is shocked to see them being so reduced to that level, remind of me of that biblical proverb of saying:

“why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own”. :D

So that is that.

As for the other point about Somaliland and her place in the political jigsaw that is the future of the Somali peninsula; one can say that it’s to be determine by the folks who are more likely to affect one way or another when it comes to their reality without waiting some “Saviour” of the kind a “borrowed muscle” is, in every definition, like some folks I could mentioned.

Hence, it’s to Somaliland’s credit that their destiny is in their hand (recognition or no recognition). After all, as the Romans have had it: “Possession is nine-tenth of the law”.

Subsequently, it’s in the international community (IC) who must find a way to reconcile the notion of “conferring” a bogus legitimacy (in legal sense) to a government in Mogadishu, when it comes to who legally is responsible for Somaliland; while all along the “facts-on-the-ground”, the "monopoly-of-state’s violence”, and all the other parameters that define the “de-facto and de-jure” basis of statehood is with Somaliland.

This is the crucial point they will not be able to duck it or “kick-it-into-the-long-grass”, once these talks come to their useful and expected end. Hence, to us in Somaliland, it’s just one more tick-in-the-box (in the sense of saying that we have done talking with Mogadishu, we even bought-the-T-shirt to prove it) in our road to determine our destiny.

And finally, far be it for me to “dishearten” the bloviating merchants who prophesise a “doom-and-gloom” for Somaliland, right here of a SOL, such as our friend, Baashi; let me say, that to us in Somaliland, so long we have our territories, and means to enforce our verdict on our land without getting any interference from anyone; as well as having a direct and “unobstructed connection” with the powers-that-be, then the claim of Hassan Sheikh and his government on our territory is nothing more than a “water-of-a-duck’s back” (to say the least).

This is our bottom line, and if that bottom-line gets to be enhance with international de-jure (which is what recognition is), then so much the better. If not, then, all the same, for our fate is still in our hand. Unlike some other folks, who either will sit at the “back-of-the-bus” (politically, in Somalia) at best. Or failing that, then perhaps, at worse, will require the “borrowed muscles” of others to make their mark in the Somali peninsula.

So, as you can gather, I, as a Somalilander, am sitting pretty much in my deck chair with a good hand of cards, when it comes to the “high-poker-game” of the Somali politics. Unlike some, who seemed to have nothing to their name other cheap insults and empty bravado polished with a "fish-smelling-hot-air". :D

Baashi   

^ :)

I am not the one who is putting all his eggs in one basket and screaming out loud that my folks were subjugated by this European power as opposed to that other European power :) Awoowe I'm just sayin' :)

But boy -- I gotta give it you boowe you are keeping the faith:) That's the spirit.

Oodweyne   

Baashi,,.. :D :D

Of course, my friend, you would say that, wouldn’t you? After all, in your peculiar mind, there is no sight sourer than that of seeing a man trying to legitimising his legal statehood on the basis of the internationally agreed convention of borders, particularly if those borders are drawn up by then departing European’s imperial states that had colonized the bulk of Africa. Furthermore, you would still insist that to be the case, even if you know that every African state has been legitimized (in one way or another) on that same “cartographical established order”.

And yet, where I sit, I see more pernicious spectacle that is in play in here. And that is, the sight of seeing a “political community” (in every sense of the word) who not only were content to be cheaply hired “collaborationist stooges” to our neighbouring Ethiopian’s state, just for the lust of “political power” they couldn’t achieved on their own hands; but, were more than happy to repeat the experience of relying on “borrowed muscle” from a neighbouring state second time around, when the first attempt have failed them... :D

And, the reason I say that is because as any sane person will readily assent to, the attempt to politically build “jubbaland state” on the back of Kenyans’ muscle is but a “replica” of the same “mentality” of thinking that Ethiopians can make you the “masters-of-Somalia”, If only you polished their boots with your collective tongues... :D

STOIC   

Bashee, is supremely self-confident in his assessment of Somaliland predicament. The turnabout policy he is predicting for Somaliland wouldn't have startled me, if let's say this was 2005.We all know with the passage of two decades it hasn't been easy road for Somaliland.A roller coaster of triumph and failure. I dare say it is in a hopeless state. From the very beginning Somaliland argument rested on the recognizable trajectory of from colonialism to independence to dictatorship of late Barre Regime.The bigger question that is on debate is whether Somaliland retains a right to secede from a hopeless union that they sign up for right after their independence. Forget about the hearsay of how Silanyo is secretly signing a face saving power-sharing deal (that is for coffee shop talks). I doubt there is "forces from behind" that is about to deliver the Union. The unionist arguments erode under the impact of multiple changes Somaliland has undergone the last twenty years ( more so of the last democratic ten years). Tragically, and also logically, the citizens of Somaliland have reaffirmed their stance of not joining Somalia time and again. More than anything else, it is hard to dismis these people right to self determination.Lurking beneath all these talks are real people with real grievances who are trying to restore a previously sovereign state to its earlier status ( it is not like Somaliland was part of original South Somalia). All of their success and grievances amount to something in the eyes of some observers. I hardly doubt that the trend towards two-tiered society will easily abandon by the northerners. Tragic comedy is to unfold if what Bashii is saying comes to fruition. Now I'm not saying Somalis are incapable of vigorously promoting reconciliation of north and south but I will say, more than anything else, this will not happen in our life time. If there was a secret to the speed of this sucess, it rest primarily on the Somali people.But too bad beneath all of these talks are deep mistrust and clan animosity. These crisis is no different than the many outgrowth of Somalia war we seen elsewhere in the South Somalia.

Che-, you and your group of "Unionist" are loosing this argument. Oodweyne is 100% right. The people of Hargeisa, Burco and Berbera (essentially a singular tribe) that settles in that area consisting of Waqooyi Galbeed, Togdheer and Western part of Sanaag have a singular mooqif (political and military direction) that unites them. Clearly, Hassan Shiekh or any Somali that doesn't hail from that singular tribe can't force their way into landing or ruling that area. The tribe is united. It has a strong militia (army, if you will). They have strong International donor support, specifically from EU, US and the UK.

Somalia will never be the same. Sooner or later, Somaliland will indeed become a country. You know why? Because the people (Oodweyne's tribe) have the ultimate decision on their self-determination for their people and their land (Waqooyi Galbeed, Togdheer, excluding Buuhoodle district, Western Sanaag and Caynaba district of Sool).