Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

New Somalia central bank Governor resigns

STOIC   

DUBAI, AWDALPRESS, 30 Oct. 2013–Somalia’s newly appointed first female Central Bank Governor Yussur Abrar resigned today after she had come under pressure from her government to make illegal withdrawals of Somali money frozen in foreign banks and donor funds from American and European banks. http://www.awdalpress.com/index/archives/25198

STOIC   

I hope so too or else it is not going to look good for the president. We will wait for confirmation from other outlets while they pick this new story. If the story becomes true you got the news before Hiiranonline lol

If it is, Faroole's assertion that current leadership in Mogadishu are in for the money would be hard to dispute.

The culture of corruption is quite entrenched

Dalmar1   

I hope that this is not true,...because if it is then a motion of no confidence should be presented by the parliamentarians, as Hassan is no longer fit for the presidential position!

STOIC   

I picked this news from Bashir Goth twitter. I'm not familiar with the website reporting this news. I'm guessing for someone who is a journalist by profession like Goth he will not trend this kind of news. Still we gotta reserve judgement till the news is confirmed

Tallaabo   

^ She is probably his cousin so of course it is true. If your uncle was fleeing a gangland for his life you would hear it from him by a phone call isn't it?

Mooge   

looool. and they said Mooge's fadhikudirir is biased. niyoow this goverment has been a disaster for the country and a stain to the somali name. this qoslaye horror show needs to be stopped or else there will be nothing called somalia.

i will send pm to my friend Abwaan who is always arguing with me defending the indefensible.

Governor Yussur Abrar is in Mogadishu this is today

saacid-kormeeroska_3.jpg

Ra’iisul Wasaaraha ayaa ugu horeyntii kormeerkiisan ku tegay xarunta Bankiga dhexe ee Soomaaliyeed, halkaasoo uu kula kulmay madaxda Bankiga, isaga oo ka dhegeystay warbixin Maaliyadeedka dawladda iyo horumarka ay hiigsanayaan.

malistar2012;983547 wrote:
Governor Yussur Abrar is in Mogadishu this is today

saacid-kormeeroska_3.jpg

Ra’iisul Wasaaraha ayaa ugu horeyntii kormeerkiisan ku tegay xarunta Bankiga dhexe ee Soomaaliyeed, halkaasoo uu kula kulmay madaxda Bankiga, isaga oo ka dhegeystay warbixin Maaliyadeedka dawladda iyo horumarka ay hiigsanayaan.

I've not yet confirmed the 'resignation' story.... However, I'm sure of one thing: the lady in the above picture is most certainly not Yussur Abrar. Try again.....

Dalmar1   

Mintid Farayar;983553 wrote:
I've not yet confirmed the 'resignation' story.... However, I'm sure of one thing: the lady in the above picture is most certainly not Yussur Abrar. Try again.....

Gov%252520Abrar_imf4.jpg

Compare the two pictures above by looking at her nose and the gold band on her right wrist !