Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

5000 Year Old 'Mysterious' Artifact Discovered

Haatu   

Tallaabo;983626 wrote:
Waa Dr Saado Mire

mire.jpg

She's barely as good looking as an average girl. Maybe because a lot of sisters wear the qamaar and she doesn't she automatically appears better looking to you lol :D

Haatu;983652 wrote:
She's barely as good looking as an average girl. Maybe because a lot of sisters wear the qamaar and she doesn't she automatically appears better looking to you lol
:D

abti,

ex-ta cayda ka daa, dee.

i use to date Sada. we broke up in 2012.

i'd rather not talk about it. but we had our differences over 'archaeological approaches'.

Safferz   

Haatu;983652 wrote:
She's barely as good looking as an average girl. Maybe because a lot of sisters wear the qamaar and she doesn't she automatically appears better looking to you lol

You're nuts... Sada is gorgeous.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;983687 wrote:
what can you tell us about the artifact?

I can't say, it's not my area and I'm not an archaeologist :P But like I mentioned in the other thread, look into getting it appraised while you're in London, if you think you have something important in your hands.

Safferz;983691 wrote:
I can't say, it's not my area and I'm not an archaeologist
:P
But like I mentioned in the other thread, look into getting it appraised while you're in London, if you think you have something important in your hands.

i see.

balse as you already know i'm in SL. my only contact with the outside world is the net. i'd like for you to appraise this rare artifact. waayow? because you seem to appraise everything else, somaha? :P

''it's not my area'' lagama aqbalayo

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;983724 wrote:
i see.

balse as you already know i'm in SL. my only contact with the outside world is the net. i'd like for you to appraise this rare artifact. waayow? because you seem to appraise everything else, somaha?
:P

''it's not my area'' lagama aqbalayo

Only with someone with training in artifacts/material culture and who specializes in ancient history can do that, so have it checked out next time you visit the UK. I know as much about this as you do lol, sorry.

Apophis;983721 wrote:
5000 my behind. I will be surprised if it's older than 200 and has any value beyond scrap metal.

it's not always necessary to make a snide little comment.

Safferz;983726 wrote:
Only with someone with training in artifacts/material culture and who specializes in ancient history can do that, so have it checked out next time you visit the UK. I know as much about this as you do lol, sorry.

i'm not sure if i could risk my artifact being taken away and then displayed in the British Museum. these folks are known for such behaviours.

my friend who's a gemstone dealer had a precious stone taken away from him. the story goes...... the authorities somewhere in yurubta dheexe confiscated his diamond for fueling civil wars (blood diamonds). they thought he was Charlies Taylor oo kale. according to him it was worth €800,000. this unfortunate incident didn't deter him from coming back to SL. he'd stock up on rations and disappear for months on end searching for precious stones. caajib.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;983740 wrote:
i'm not sure if i could risk my artifact being taken away and then displayed in the British Museum. these folks are known for such behaviours.

my friend who's a gemstone dealer had a precious stone taken away from him. the story goes...... the authorities somewhere in yurubta dheexe confiscated his diamond for fueling civil wars (blood diamonds). they thought he was Charlies Taylor oo kale. according to him it was worth €800,000. this unfortunate incident didn't deter him from coming back to SL. he'd stock up on rations and disappear for months on end searching for precious stones. caajib.

They won't steal anything from you, but museums and archives often try to purchase items from people for much lower than their actual worth, which is why it's important to get it appraised independently or from several different institutions.