Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Mouhanad Khorchide ''God Is Not A Dictator''

Haatu;983555 wrote:
War awoowgaa la janneeye use 'He'. It's very uncomfortable to read someone using the 'her' pronoun.

Haatu, re-read the post again, remember that we are the created ones, our existence (knowledge) of the world/universe is only understood by our 5 senses, pronouns like her/we/he is limited to us, Allah uses these pronouns to show us that "he" he can not limited to a pronoun or anything. Why do you think it's uncomfortable to see someone using the pronoun "her" while at the same time you feel at ease with the

exact same masculine pronoun "he".

My friend, you failed the test, If you think of God as someone bound by time or space or by pronouns you should really check your faith.

Alpha Blondy;983399 wrote:
somewhere on page 4, Saffz quits the discussion because her strong academic paradigm is impenetrable.....

Sorry to inform you Alpha, but your prophecy was wrong. She quitted on page 2. lol

Classified;983735 wrote:
Sorry to inform you Alpha, but your prophecy was wrong. She quitted on page 2. lol

It's "quit" and no, I just wasn't on SOL yesterday. But glad to see the quality of discussion has gone up when people like Khadafi come in with actual points for a conversation, and halfwits like you aren't able to derail the thread by trying to troll me with personal attacks.

Carry on.

Khadafi;983732 wrote:
Haatu, re-read the post again, remember that we are the created ones, our existence (knowledge) of the world/universe is only understood by our 5 senses, pronouns like her/we/he is limited to us, Allah uses these pronouns to show us that "he" he can not limited to a pronoun or anything. Why do you think it's uncomfortable to see someone using the pronoun "her" while at the same time you feel at ease with the

exact same masculine pronoun "he".

My friend, you failed the test, If you think of God as someone bound by time or space or by pronouns you should really check your faith.

The only reason Allah uses 'He' and 'We' is due to the limitations of our languages and the fact that we're human beings. I won't use 'her' because Allah did note describe himself as such in the Qur'an which is why I advised you against it.

@Alpha, stop being a hater ina adeer, you know my Af Soomaali is impeccable.

Safferz;983741 wrote:
It's "quit" and no, I just wasn't on SOL yesterday. But glad to see the quality of discussion has gone up when people like Khadafi come in with actual points for a conversation, and halfwits like you aren't able to derail the thread by trying to troll me with personal attacks.

Carry on.

Personal attacks? When did I ever attacked you? If anything, you're the one trying to insult me with your so-not-witty comments regarding my intellectual capability.

Hawdian, *wink* lol

Classified;983772 wrote:
Personal attacks? When did I ever attacked you? If anything, you're the one trying to insult me with your so-not-witty comments regarding my intellectual capability.

Hawdian
, *wink* lol

PBI -- it's "when have I ever attacked you," not "when did I ever attacked you." You and Hawdian really do have much in common.

And yes... referring to me as Irshad Manji, saying I'm not a Muslim, etc are all personal attacks. All of which reflect poorly on you and your intelligence, might I add, because it shows your inability to engage with my comments on a level beyond ridicule (particularly in this thread, where I've asked you at least three times to tell me what you've read from Khorchide or Abou El Fadl to dismiss their work, and instead you chose to make posts about my "halal drinks" and other nonsensical bs). And I've seen enough of your poorly argued, incoherent and grammatically incorrect posts to know you're not very intelligent or worth responding to. It's not an insult, just an observation I've made over the months I've been posting here on SOL.

Apophis;983377 wrote:
You agree with the author because his views fit with yours, and khayr disagrees with him because it doesn't fit with his world view. Stop pretending it's anything else or that your method is “intellectual".

Exactly on point - people always have tendency to favor information that confirms their beliefs. This who thread is turn into a match of I'm smarter than you are lol, confirmation bias is an ego disease, you guys just need chill.

AfricaOwn;983777 wrote:
Exactly on point - people always have tendency to favor information that confirms their beliefs. This who thread is
turn into a match of I'm smarter than you are
lol, confirmation bias is an ego disease, you guys just need chill.

Have you noticed that too? lol Someone apparently fell back on trying to "correct" grammar errors, when all else failed. lol

STOIC;983499 wrote:
I'm not a Islamic scholar, but I'm sure all of us commit sins intentional or not. I'm just not following your arrogance of thinking that Allah is not going to forgive sins when he himself says in the next Aya "turn ye to your lord in repentance and bow to his will before the penalty comes" obviously he is asking us to turn to him in repentance. I just can't sit here and tell you that he meant a green light to commit sins, but obviously he meant to repent if we do fall to sins. The only thing he doesn't forgive according to my understanding is those who take others as his partners.I think it is arrogant to preach that he, the merciful, is out there to get you while all along he says he is just and merciful to his creation.

STOIC, I apologize if I came off as arrogant. That was not my intention. One member named Haatu, beautifully said, "Yes Allah is the Most Merciful and The Forgiver, but he is also Shadiidul Ciqaab. A Muslim must be moderate between the two (fear and hope)." I think that's sufficient for a reply to your post.