Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Mouhanad Khorchide ''God Is Not A Dictator''

Safferz   

Classified;983772 wrote:
Personal attacks? When did I ever attacked you? If anything, you're the one trying to insult me with your so-not-witty comments regarding my intellectual capability.

Hawdian
, *wink* lol

PBI -- it's "when have I ever attacked you," not "when did I ever attacked you." You and Hawdian really do have much in common.

And yes... referring to me as Irshad Manji, saying I'm not a Muslim, etc are all personal attacks. All of which reflect poorly on you and your intelligence, might I add, because it shows your inability to engage with my comments on a level beyond ridicule (particularly in this thread, where I've asked you at least three times to tell me what you've read from Khorchide or Abou El Fadl to dismiss their work, and instead you chose to make posts about my "halal drinks" and other nonsensical bs). And I've seen enough of your poorly argued, incoherent and grammatically incorrect posts to know you're not very intelligent or worth responding to. It's not an insult, just an observation I've made over the months I've been posting here on SOL.

Apophis;983377 wrote:
You agree with the author because his views fit with yours, and khayr disagrees with him because it doesn't fit with his world view. Stop pretending it's anything else or that your method is “intellectual".

Exactly on point - people always have tendency to favor information that confirms their beliefs. This who thread is turn into a match of I'm smarter than you are lol, confirmation bias is an ego disease, you guys just need chill.

AfricaOwn;983777 wrote:
Exactly on point - people always have tendency to favor information that confirms their beliefs. This who thread is
turn into a match of I'm smarter than you are
lol, confirmation bias is an ego disease, you guys just need chill.

Have you noticed that too? lol Someone apparently fell back on trying to "correct" grammar errors, when all else failed. lol

STOIC;983499 wrote:
I'm not a Islamic scholar, but I'm sure all of us commit sins intentional or not. I'm just not following your arrogance of thinking that Allah is not going to forgive sins when he himself says in the next Aya "turn ye to your lord in repentance and bow to his will before the penalty comes" obviously he is asking us to turn to him in repentance. I just can't sit here and tell you that he meant a green light to commit sins, but obviously he meant to repent if we do fall to sins. The only thing he doesn't forgive according to my understanding is those who take others as his partners.I think it is arrogant to preach that he, the merciful, is out there to get you while all along he says he is just and merciful to his creation.

STOIC, I apologize if I came off as arrogant. That was not my intention. One member named Haatu, beautifully said, "Yes Allah is the Most Merciful and The Forgiver, but he is also Shadiidul Ciqaab. A Muslim must be moderate between the two (fear and hope)." I think that's sufficient for a reply to your post.

Ibtisam   

Khadafi: I understand what you are saying but I left that in large part he was agreeing with what you said: which is punishment is a consequence rather than just for the sake of punishment.

Saff: learn to ignore randomness- the obsession will pass

His argument is not a new argument, but historically those who started off on the same path have unfortunately went too far; for example during the Abbasi period, estimated to around 3rd century Hijra, in Iraq, Baghdad, liberal thinkers who had similar ideas as Aristotle became known as Mu’tazilite- they argued that Godly revelations and rules were abstract and largely symbolic rather than concrete things. Anyway their ideas finally gave birth to the idea of passiveness n Islam. So there is this tendency to lean towards passiveness if this through is proceed too far down.

But what resonates with me is the lack of balance in good and bad, in reward and punishment and so on. I think the tendency is to be one extreme side or the other and that is what I was getting at.

Johnny: I was right then and I am right now- little girls need to understand why they are wearing the hijab- they dont need to fear going to hell as a 6yr old but of the mercy of allah and the beauty of the hijab.

P.s. I dont see the point of standing around threads you have not intention of commenting on constructively. We should grow up from random comments and ciyaal suuqnimo

Alpha Blondy;983399 wrote:

somewhere on page 14, one of the older dumar elders of SOL, who's at the autumn of her product shelf-live, much like the thread, makes ambiguous statements eluding to support Saffz because
''we're clearly emancipated womenfolks''
while at the same time remitting cougar like attention-deficit traits or in other words
''i'm still here ee give me some of the attention''

once Haatu impresses us with yet another strange soliloquy in his trademark abstract af-Soomaaliga.......then the prophecy is real. :D:p

Arguments about religions and politics never seize, and reason is that both of them are not fully understood. We never argue with sombody if he/she says that the sun rises from the east and sets in the west, because we know for sure. But we can argue the whole day about which cellphone is better: Samsung s4 galaxy or Apple iphone 5. The reason is simple: we hardly understand the intricate electronic components and their their functions in these phones!!

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;983884 wrote:
once Haatu impresses us with yet another strange soliloquy in his trademark abstract af-Soomaaliga.......then the prophecy is real.
:D
:p

Muxuu cay dameer igaga dhimi weyska ciyayaaye! :P

Khayr   

Mahiigaan;983909 wrote:
Arguments about religions and politics never seize, and reason is that both of them are not fully understood. We never argue with sombody if he/she says that the sun rises from the east and sets in the west, because we know for sure. But we can argue the whole day about which cellphone is better: Samsung s4 galaxy or Apple iphone 5. The reason is simple: we hardly understand the intricate electronic components and their their functions in these phones!!

Could you explain your analogy a bit more to us? I didn't come to a logical conclusion from reading what you wrote.

Reeyo   

Alpha Blondy;983884 wrote:
once Haatu impresses us with yet another strange soliloquy in his trademark abstract af-Soomaaliga.......then the prophecy is real.
:p

LOL,

Walle your a G- However we're still missing Wadani's sand-dwelling feet to make an appearance and the Prophecy is truly sealed.

I highly recommend you all order this wonderful poster and hang it up on the wall above your pc.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/poster