Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Mouhanad Khorchide ''God Is Not A Dictator''

STOIC;983499 wrote:
I'm not a Islamic scholar, but I'm sure all of us commit sins intentional or not. I'm just not following your arrogance of thinking that Allah is not going to forgive sins when he himself says in the next Aya "turn ye to your lord in repentance and bow to his will before the penalty comes" obviously he is asking us to turn to him in repentance. I just can't sit here and tell you that he meant a green light to commit sins, but obviously he meant to repent if we do fall to sins. The only thing he doesn't forgive according to my understanding is those who take others as his partners.I think it is arrogant to preach that he, the merciful, is out there to get you while all along he says he is just and merciful to his creation.

cause and effect. action and reaction. ying and yang. waad garatay?

Khadafi   

Stoic and Ibtisam, Here is my few coins on how Muslims should perceive God/Allah in comparison to the author's view that God is not a tribal vengeful one.

God and his/her (remember that pronouns can never describe God) presence is un-explainable.

Allah reminds us in the qur'an (Laysa ka mithlihi shay"). This sublime verse means that there is nothing can resembles Allah. When some people think of God they might think of a white bearded man with robes (Western thought) but let them know that Allah is far from that. In According to the famous mufasir of the Quran, Ibn Kathir

The Quran in it's infinite wisdom tell's us that God uses different pronouns in the Quran, sometime God uses the pronoun "We" and other times "He". The wisdom behind this is to show us that God can never resemble or be explained by our limited knowledge. His/Her/Their attributes can only be understood by his majestic names.

Marka, if Some think of Allah as a tribal vengeful God then that is by that persons limited knowledge of God. Allah's mercy is ten times more then his "justice", remember that divine punishment is always connected

to justice, the man who commits crimes against fellow humans must reap the consequences of his deed, in order for him reap that God must be just, hence one of his majestic name is "Al-caadil" (The just)

For very sura God begins with the beautiful verse of Bismillahi Raxmaani Raxiim "In the name of the most compassionate and mercy one. Mercy and compassion are ultimately connected justice. Punishment by God is only a reflection of Mercy and divine "justice".

I am sorry for the long theological input but I felt it was needed when under attack by that article.

Khadafi   

Stoic and Ibtisam, Here is my few coins on how Muslims should perceive God/Allah in comparison to the author's view that God is not a tribal vengeful one.

God and his/her (remember that pronouns can never describe God) presence is un-explainable.

Allah reminds us in the qur'an (Laysa ka mithlihi shay"). This sublime verse means that there is nothing can resembles Allah. When some people think of God they might think of a white bearded man with robes (Western thought) but let them know that Allah is far from that. In According to the famous mufasir of the Quran, Ibn Kathir

The Quran in it's infinite wisdom tell's us that God uses different pronouns in the Quran, sometime God uses the pronoun "We" and other times "He". The wisdom behind this is to show us that God can never resemble or be explained by our limited knowledge. His/Her/Their attributes can only be understood by his majestic names.

Marka, if Some think of Allah as a tribal vengeful God then that is by that persons limited knowledge of God. Allah's mercy is ten times more then his "justice", remember that divine punishment is always connected

to justice, the man who commits crimes against fellow humans must reap the consequences of his deed, in order for him reap that God must be just, hence one of his majestic name is "Al-caadil" (The just) For very Sura

God begins with the beautiful verse of Bismillahi Raxmaani Raxiim "In the name of the most compassionate and mercy one. Mercy and compassion is ultimately connected justice. Punishment by God is only a reflection of Mercy and divine "justice".

I am sorry for the long theological input but I felt it was needed when under attack by that article.

Haatu   

Khadafi;983503 wrote:

God and his/her (remember that
pronouns can never describe God
) presence is un-explainable.

War awoowgaa la janneeye use 'He'. It's very uncomfortable to read someone using the 'her' pronoun.

Allah does say Laysa ka mithlihi shay (nothing is onto like Him) but he also affirms he has attributes "Wa huwas Samiicul Basiir" (He is the all Hearer, all Seer). That means Allah has these attributes which he describes for himself, but it isn't like our sight or hearing because "Laysa ka mithlihi shay".

I believe the 'We' (i.e. plural pronoun) is used for majesty. I can't quite remember the Arabic rule but it's for grandeur.

Marka, if Some think of Allah as a tribal vengeful God then that is by that
persons limited knowledge of God.
Allah's mercy is ten times more then his "justice", remember that
divine punishment
is always connected

to justice, the man who commits crimes against fellow humans must reap the consequences of his deed, in order for him reap that God must be just, hence one of his majestic name is "Al-caadil" (The just)

For very sura God begins with the beautiful verse of Bismillahi Raxmaani Raxiim "In the name of the most compassionate and mercy one. Mercy and compassion are ultimately connected justice.
Punishment by God is only a reflection of Mercy and divine "justice".

Yes Allah is the Most Merciful and The Forgiver, but he is also Shadiidul Ciqaab. A Muslim must be moderate between the two (fear and hope).

Khayr   

There is this constant counter balancing of Allah's attributes

المعز (The Honorer) v. المذل (The Dishonorer)

المحيي (The Giver of Life ) v. الممىت (The Take of Life)...etc.

The problem for all of us is taking one attribute of Allah and superseding that over everything else.

The Hindus have precisely done that and that is why they have an idol/diety

for every Divine attribute (creator, nourisher etc.).

Another problem is the idea of saying that Allah is arbitrary in His Actions.

That is very problematic and has taken many out of the deen. This idea that God is untouchable

and can do what He wills.

Stoic mentioned the idea of sinning and seeking forgiveness. Dare I say that the Sahaba were human and erred

and sinned too. Hence, there high state of piety ةقو because they would always remember Allah.

The female companion that committed adultery comes to mind because although she sinned and the rasul (علىه السلام)

kept dismissing her case, she never the less chose the punishment (حدود) for fearing of ending up in Hell.

A sign of piety on her part.

The question really is - why does God will that we sin even after we have become believers?

Haatu   

Khayr;983588 wrote:
There is this constant counter balancing of Allah's attributes

المعز (The Honorer) v. المذل (The Dishonorer)

المحيي (The Giver of Life ) v. الممىت (The Take of Life)...etc.

The problem for all of us is taking one attribute of Allah and superseding that over everything else.

The Hindus have precisely done that and that is why they have an idol/diety

for every Divine attribute (creator, nourisher etc.).

Another problem is the idea of saying that Allah is arbitrary in His Actions.

That is very problematic and has taken many out of the deen. This idea that God is untouchable

and can do what He wills.

Stoic mentioned the idea of sinning and seeking forgiveness. Dare I say that the Sahaba were human and erred

and sinned too. Hence, there high state of piety ةقو because they would always remember Allah.

The female companion that committed adultery comes to mind because although she sinned and the rasul (علىه السلام)

kept dismissing her case, she never the less chose the punishment (حدود) for fearing of ending up in Hell.

A sign of piety on her part.

First time I've agreed with you about religion.

The question really is - why does God will that we sin even after we have become believers?

I don't know this but I do know something else related, (why does Allah test us with suffering, pain, ill-health, poverty, injustices) and the answer is in that famous ayah that I can't quite recall right know. Maybe you can remember the ayah.

Khadafi   

Haatu;983555 wrote:
War awoowgaa la janneeye use 'He'. It's very uncomfortable to read someone using the 'her' pronoun.

Haatu, re-read the post again, remember that we are the created ones, our existence (knowledge) of the world/universe is only understood by our 5 senses, pronouns like her/we/he is limited to us, Allah uses these pronouns to show us that "he" he can not limited to a pronoun or anything. Why do you think it's uncomfortable to see someone using the pronoun "her" while at the same time you feel at ease with the

exact same masculine pronoun "he".

My friend, you failed the test, If you think of God as someone bound by time or space or by pronouns you should really check your faith.

Alpha Blondy;983399 wrote:
somewhere on page 4, Saffz quits the discussion because her strong academic paradigm is impenetrable.....

Sorry to inform you Alpha, but your prophecy was wrong. She quitted on page 2. lol

Safferz   

Classified;983735 wrote:
Sorry to inform you Alpha, but your prophecy was wrong. She quitted on page 2. lol

It's "quit" and no, I just wasn't on SOL yesterday. But glad to see the quality of discussion has gone up when people like Khadafi come in with actual points for a conversation, and halfwits like you aren't able to derail the thread by trying to troll me with personal attacks.

Carry on.

Haatu   

Khadafi;983732 wrote:
Haatu, re-read the post again, remember that we are the created ones, our existence (knowledge) of the world/universe is only understood by our 5 senses, pronouns like her/we/he is limited to us, Allah uses these pronouns to show us that "he" he can not limited to a pronoun or anything. Why do you think it's uncomfortable to see someone using the pronoun "her" while at the same time you feel at ease with the

exact same masculine pronoun "he".

My friend, you failed the test, If you think of God as someone bound by time or space or by pronouns you should really check your faith.

The only reason Allah uses 'He' and 'We' is due to the limitations of our languages and the fact that we're human beings. I won't use 'her' because Allah did note describe himself as such in the Qur'an which is why I advised you against it.

Safferz;983741 wrote:
It's "quit" and no, I just wasn't on SOL yesterday. But glad to see the quality of discussion has gone up when people like Khadafi come in with actual points for a conversation, and halfwits like you aren't able to derail the thread by trying to troll me with personal attacks.

Carry on.

Personal attacks? When did I ever attacked you? If anything, you're the one trying to insult me with your so-not-witty comments regarding my intellectual capability.

Hawdian, *wink* lol