Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

12 Years a Slave

Safferz   

Khayr;983135 wrote:
All those movies have black males as slaves, servants or pitch black pirates.

Great things to aspire to and recant about over and over again right?

Hollywood doesn't give a damn about black history. They retell these stories

and almost always and I mean always - there is a white protagonist that

some how has the power to free that black person from darkness.

I just don't get the stoopidity of these negroes that want to play the slaves or thiefs or servants.

Could you imagine Brad Pitt wanting to play the role of a jewwish thief? No such thing right, I mean about a jeeww being a thief - ever!

Where is there a white protagonist saving black people in this film?

To those who r complaining get into film, encourage and support african and Somali film makers, write reviews, buy a damn camera.. survival of the fittest is the mantra of this industry. and perception is key. you expect the white folk to run a PR campaign for you? you know Somalia use to host international film festivals? when black coffee is added to milk, it is no longer black. and even when milk is added to black coffee it is no longer black as well! And its not because the milk is white, it is because you are not pouring it!!!! Bye

Khadafi   

Khayr;983135 wrote:
All those movies have black males as slaves, servants or pitch black pirates.

Great things to aspire to and recant about over and over again right?

Hollywood doesn't give a damn about black history. They retell these stories

and almost always and I mean always - there is a white protagonist that

some how has the power to free that black person from darkness.

I just don't get the stoopidity of these negroes that want to play the slaves or thiefs or servants.

Could you imagine Brad Pitt wanting to play the role of a jewwish thief? No such thing right, I mean about a jeeww being a thief - ever!

khayr, I think that Hollywood has done some advances. Every now and then, new hollywood movies has prime actors in high positions. One example is seeing black-presidents or scientists. Back in the 80-ties black males were always portrayed in a comical way or they were the first actors to die i a horror movie. :D

I think it's good for one thing that Hollywood portrays the agony and social oppression that blacks went through. Just as Safferz said they were always portrayed as "happy slaves" that were on the sidelines in movies about the south. You maybe don't like the victim role that the blacks play. You might be right on that but that is the true dark american history. I guess that it's same thing with Jews, always being portrayed as victims in films about world war II. (well I guess they were also picked upon).

One thing that Hollywood needs to make is a movie that the blacks are not victims. Why not make a movie about heroic blackmen that defied racism in USA during the civil rights moments ( They have probably made one but I haven't seen it)

SomaliPhilosopher;983199 wrote:
To those who r complaining get into film, encourage and support african and Somali film makers, write reviews, buy a damn camera.. survival of the fittest is the mantra of this industry. and perception is key.
you expect the white folk to run a PR campaign for you?
you know Somalia use to host international film festivals? when black coffee is added to milk, it is no longer black. and even when milk is added to black coffee it is no longer black as well! And its not because the milk is white, it is because you are not pouring it!!!! Bye

The highlighted portion simply defeats the purpose of your rubbish. The 6 big Hollywood studios that is represented by the MPAA is all owned and controlled by Whites. Without their support, your reviews are essentially nothing. Survival of the fittest? You've already been eaten alive mate! lol

Has anyone seen Machine Gun Preacher? Like Khayr said, we see another 'white protagonist' saving the day.

Classified;983211 wrote:
The highlighted portion simply defeats the purpose of your rubbish. The 6 big Hollywood studios that is represented by the MPAA is all owned and controlled by Whites. Without their support, your reviews are essentially nothing. Survival of the fittest? You've already been eaten alive mate! lol

Has anyone seen Machine Gun Preacher? Like Khayr said, we see another 'white protagonist' saving the day.

I'm guessing you aren't aware of the myriad of movies based on the Holocaust. Which usually involve Jews being held against there will, forced in to labour, only to be rescued by several hundred thousand 'white protagonists' in 1944.

Aguila   

Abbaas;983102 wrote:
I did watch
Django Unchained
and i should say it was great to see, i don't know if i'm going to see this one because i'm this time into
Action | Adventure | Fantasy/sci-fi
movies like X-men & Avatar e.t.c not reality Films. Hadda xitaa raadis baan ku jiraa si aan u helo similar movies .

Abaas this oldie one should interest you...

Khayr   

12 years a Slave Producerrr was once an Israeli Arms Dealer.

New Regency chairman and Hollywood mega-producer Arnon Milchan is no stranger to gripping tales. He's the producer behind Twelve Years A Slave, Fight Club, and Pretty Woman, though its his own history as a secret arms dealer to Israel in the 1960s, that has box office gold written all over it.

As The Hollywood Reporter first reported, Milchan has finally confirmed his ties to the Israeli government as an arms dealer. A 2011 book, Confidential: The Life of Secret Agent Turned Hollywood Tycoon Arnon Milchan first investigated the long-standing rumors of Milchan's ties to the Israeli government, and detailed how Milchan was first recruited by Israeli politician and now-president Shimon Peres. Milchan was brought on by Peres to be a liaison to Lekem, the Bureau of Scientific Relations, dedicated to obtaining technology and material for Israel's nuclear program. Milchan did just that, and over the years, helped secure arms for a nation that was perenially at war during that time period.

Milchan, an Israeli citizen, lived his double life as a Lekem agent for multiple decades—drawing some suspicion in 1985 when a US aerospace engineer Richard Kelly Smyth was arrested for smuggling krypton to Israel through one of Milchan's companies. Though he never admitted to his connection to the Israeli government, even in the wake of Confidential being published, Milchan finally opened up to Israeli investigative journalism program Uvda to discuss the extent of his relationship with the Israeli government.

Milchan also shared that other notable Hollywood legends were involved in his arms dealership, some knowingly and others unknowingly. He alleges that Sydney Pollack was often helpful in arms acquisition, noting that Pollack could have said no to him many times, but did not. Less implict was Richard Dreyfuss, who Milchan used as a plant to recruit American scientist Arthur Biehl to his cause, by inviting Biehl to a dinner party that Dreyfuss was hosting.

When describing how he hid his clandestine life from his Hollywood peers, afraid that they wouldn't want to be associated with an arms dealer, Milchan has some choice words for his younger self: "I should have been aware of that [risking his life], of what I'll go through, and said "**** you. You know what? I did it for my country, and I'm proud of it.'"

Safferz   

Interesting... I just read the interview. Looking through his filmography, it seems there aren't many movies he hasn't been a part of, including some of my favourites (Fight Club!!).

I made this thread over a month ago, and I still haven't seen the movie :( Hoping to go in a week or so...

ElPunto   

Safferz;988106 wrote:
Interesting... I just read the interview. Looking through his filmography, it seems there aren't many movies he hasn't been a part of, including some of my favourites (Fight Club!!).

I made this thread over a month ago, and I still haven't seen the movie
:(
Hoping to go in a week or so...

Without giving anything away - there isn't much of a story. There is a series of vignettes detailing what happened to the protagonist. There is little connection between the vignettes and then the end comes unexpectedly.

On a funny note - at the theater we were at - 4 people walked out of the movie. All were black. I couldn't figure out whether it was because of the length of the movie - or because of the graphic scenes of slave abuse.

Khayr   

Saff,

After all this, you are still a willing participate in swallowing hollywood bs.

You are definitely of the twitter

generation - all talk and no will to do anything idealistic.

Safferz   

Khayr;988182 wrote:
Saff,

After all this, you are still a willing participate in swallowing hollywood bs.

You are definitely of the twitter

generation - all talk and no will to do anything idealistic.

You have a lot of half baked ideas, Khayr. Can you explain to me how not purchasing a $10 movie ticket will have any effect on a billionaire Israeli film producer, or the film industry as a whole?