Sign in to follow this  
Oiler

Do you have a mortgage?

Tallaabo   

Safferz;983040 wrote:
lol $10k is less than what my parents had to pay to put in new flooring in like two rooms last month. $400k is cheap for a house, average property in Toronto is over $500k I believe. You'd be surprised by what a million dollar home looks like.

This house in Britain costs more than $1.5 million

070a5c9173c6d2f9d11875489a7d52d617a6d270

Safferz   

Tallaabo;983045 wrote:
This house in Britain costs more than $1.5 million

070a5c9173c6d2f9d11875489a7d52d617a6d270

This bungalow in Toronto sold for close to $1.2 million:

next-bungalow0309re01w.jpg

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;983024 wrote:
i don't understand people who take mortgages out. it's foolish. just pay it in cash.

Usheeg abti. Illeen SOL is full of broke nomads :D

Haatu   

Safferz;983047 wrote:
This bungalow in Toronto sold for close to $1.2 million:

next-bungalow0309re01w.jpg

Nacala ku taal. Who the hell would pay that much for something so rubbish?

Inflated prices SMH.

Safferz   

Tallaabo;983052 wrote:
These prices are absurd, aren't they?
:(

Yes they are, and why a lot of people are buying homes further and further away from the city, where homes are STILL expensive but not absurdly so. There is no way of buying a house with savings alone anymore, so the question is mortgaging vs. renting.

Also Alpha... houses aren't that cheap in Hargeisa either, so get outta here with that $10k. That won't even cover land there.

DoctorKenney;983041 wrote:
LOL saaxib....renting is a much better option than buying. Unless you want to live in Hooya's house for several years, save up your money, borrow some money from your Uncle's, sell your car, cat, clothes, books, TV's, and then purchase your house...

I don't think many people would wanna do that. So renting seems much better

why is renting better bro? what if your landlord wants you out?

Haatu;983054 wrote:
Usheeg abti. Illeen SOL is full of broke nomads
:D

my cousin thought he was smart when he decided to take a mortgage out on one of those 'key housing' affordable housing schemes. 6 months in, he lost his job. he defaulted, apparently. he thought he could cash-in on the New Labour property bubble.

as for SOL being full of broke folks, wa ruunta. do we even know their credit rating, horta?

Safferz;983040 wrote:
lol $10k is less than what my parents had to pay to put in new flooring in like two rooms last month. $400k is cheap for a house, average property in Toronto is over $500k I believe. You'd be surprised by what a million dollar home looks like.

someone is rich. caajib.

modesty is a virtue, abti.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;983100 wrote:
someone is rich. caajib.

modesty is a virtue, abti.

It's not rich, that's life in qurbaha and the expenses associated with the cost of living here. Have you forgotten?

Khayr   

Safferz;983040 wrote:

You sound like a Bougie Broad! Spent 10k on cherry hardwood floors and 40k on new kitchen cabinets with marble counters etc.

Oiler   

Safferz;983111 wrote:
It's not rich, that's life in qurbaha and the expenses associated with the cost of living here. Have you forgotten?

When topics are being discussed on public forums try to not personalize it, try to not make it about you (ex. I am phd student, the school you go to, how much you make, posting pictures of your family etc..) debate/discuss on issues without all that.

And yes, I agree with you; it's matter of becoming a renter for life or getting a mortgage, because not too many people have large sum of money sitting around somewhere.

Safferz   

Oiler;983175 wrote:
When topics are being discussed on public forums try to not personalize it, try to not make it about you (ex. I am phd student, the school you go to, how much you make, posting pictures of your family etc..) debate/discuss on issues without all that.

What are you talking about? I've said I'm a grad student and posted baby pictures before, and there's nothing wrong with that. I've never said how much I make (why would I, when I'm a broke student) or where I go to school. What I did here is give a sense of expenses where my parents live, after Alpha made a comment asking why people don't buy in cash and later stated that $10k is enough in his area (which isn't even enough to buy a home in Hargeisa). If that makes you uncomfortable, ignore it, but don't tell me what I should or shouldn't post.

Oiler;983175 wrote:

And yes, I agree with you; it's matter of becoming a renter for life or getting a mortgage, because not too many people have large sum of money sitting around somewhere.

lol

Safferz;983184 wrote:
What are you talking about? I've said I'm a grad student and posted baby pictures before, and there's nothing wrong with that. I've never said how much I make (why would I, when I'm a broke student) or where I go to school. What I did here is give a sense of expenses where my parents live, after Alpha made a comment asking why people don't buy in cash and later stated that $10k is enough in his area (which isn't even enough to buy a home in Hargeisa). If that makes you uncomfortable, ignore it, but don't tell me what I should or shouldn't post.

@Saffz,

inabti,

BIG respect to you. this Oiler is jealous of 'our' online saxibtinimo. halka ka sii wad. ;);)

@Oiler aka Saalidle.

kulaha 'Oiler'. bal adna, ya? what sort of name is 'Oiler'. caajib. balayo ku saalideyso eh.

abti saalida iska badal, ma garatay? wa iga talo.

p.s - houses do cost $10k. some are even less. i'm talking about normal houses not some qurbo-joogian mashruuc.