Sign in to follow this  
Hawdian

The Hollywood Perception of Somali Men

Ibtisam   

Accepted by who? which high authority can dominate and be handing out this acceptance or telling who marry none Somalis to stay away? What right or authority do you have to enforce that- besides saying it on forums- none

Lool I go to Somaliland for a holiday. Okay Mr. Know It All from your holiday.

I cant be bothered to burst this bloated sense of importance and dream that somehow there is order and authority beyond what your money and connection can buy you in the Somali context. My kids are not anymore disadvantaged just because their father happens to Something other than Somali, IF I am and I want to be a participating member of that society. Of course if they dont speak Somali and never seen the place but how is that any different to a all the daqan celis kids struggling?

Now you sound like a Zionist- Somaliland is a safe homeland for Somaliland- No Somaliland is safe for everyone and it is home to he who wishes it to be its home and remains as a contributing member of that society- including some who neither parents are Somali. There is debate about whether this should be extended to refugees who are 3rd 4th generations living here including the Oromos (and they should be allowed to like we've been allowed to in our host countries). But for the privileged make no mistake, being Somali or having a Somali nationality (papers) is a matter of money and connections. If you dispute that, then clearly you are too far down the food chain to know that in Somaliland anything is possible. IF you dont know ha iis ceebeynin ask Jaclybro.

There is nothing worse in life than being a racist refugee demanding rights in their host country but trying to dictate that such rights should not be possible in their home country. Please.

Beyond that is I can understand if Somaliland or Somalia was some successful world superpower and we needed to be protective about nationality, citizenship etc- but really at its current state, which none Somali or unconnected person wants to come here? is it even an issue? I dont think so. Somali Somalis are running away from this place, drowning in their thousands to get away from here- and you want to debate about letting people in or who can claim to be Somali!

Bottom line- people can marry who they like, and they do, and they go and live and visit wherever their passport and money is accepted. The rest is determined by the language skills, education and resources.

Tallaabo   

Saalax;983081 wrote:
I was born in this land aad ka hadlaysiid and grew up there, I went there for a holiday. So perhaps it

is you that is living in a Utopia where integration and everything is perfect Lol.

That is not the only reason, read the news and even ask Jacaylbro how the local kids looks always look

at him with his different skin color and the fact he was born to a Somaliland woman and his father

being non Somalilander makes it worse. They are ok with people visiting their country for holiday

but not integration. Lol as for me Burco ba igu qoran passportka. I don't hide who I am. In Mogadishu

different cultures are more accepted there whether your Ugandan, Burundian, Nigerian, Cad Cad etc. So

had you said Mogadishu instead of Somaliland I would have believed you. Somaliland is not open to

everyone don't mislead people, if it was open to everyone why are Oromos
and southern Somalis deported?
Like I said wake up from the dreams.

Southern Somalis deported? Was that in your last night's dream because such a thing never happened and quite frankly can never happen in Somaliland.

Tallaabo   

Saalax;983069 wrote:
Well that is different your comparing a full Somali and a half Nigerian. Your question should have been a

Nigerian with a duriyaad mother who lives with us and a Nigerian looking guy with a duriyaad father

but doesn't live with us. Well obviously the Nigerian looking guy with the Somali father, because he

has a Somali identity > Tribe. It never comes to that anyway most kids with Somali father and

non Somali woman know their roots example MP Amir Adan.

You are missing the point. Actually you have shot yourself in the foot:D

Hawdian   

Haatu;983167 wrote:
Saalax is just weird. He lacks a grasp of reality and needs a dose of humility.

. I think frankly you more weird grown up man posting about children doing niiko.Get back to earth and take a sip of that reality you are urging others.

somaliland is fragile and growing country and it won't to tolerate to host many outsiders right now somaliland now it's recovering from politically economically , somaliland doesn't have places in it's people it self, look how many generation jobless who graduate from local universities, so many generation going tahrib and dying in the sea, this isn't about racism, nothing to do with racism, somaliland is democratic country and should take any necessary step which is good to it's people, when SL well feed it's people and cover all the necessities to it's people then, will talk about who they going to give citizen and how they will give to.

Saalax   

Ibtisiam I am sorry to inform you but you're the one living in a bubble not me ;) .

Now back to the reality. Somaliland is not safety for all.

Deportation of southern Somalis from Somaliland

Las Anod ejects southern Somalis over alleged links to al-Shabaab

;69 wrote:

Thursday, September 06, 2012

The Sool regional administration in northern Somalia has issued a decree telling certain young southern Somalis who

work in Las Anod to leave by September 12th because of their alleged links with al-Shabaab.

Sool Administrator Mohamed Mohamud Jeniyare described the targeted individuals as being between the ages of 17 and

30, originally from Bay, Bakol and Benadir regions, and affiliated with the al-Qaeda-linked al-Shabaab organisation.

http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2012/Sept/25884/las_anod_ejects_southern_somalis_over_alleged_links_to_al_shabaab.aspx

Deportation of Oromos from Somaliland

Somaliland deports Ethiopian refugees including children

;69 wrote:

November 2011

HARGEISA — Despite drawing public condemnation, Somaliland deported more than 20 Ethiopians back to their

native country this week after they had been denied asylum.

It is understood the asylum-seekers were rounded-up by police two weeks ago when the group gathered outside the

office of Interior Ministry to protest. Said to be led by self-appointed committee, the group of asylum-seekers tried to

express their grave concerns before police took them into custody. They were locked up in Hargeisa’s central prison

for two weeks.

The group said to be 22 in total, 15 men, 5 women and 2 children under the age of two, were handed over to Ethiopian

authorities in the border town of Tog-Wajale.The refugees blamed their deportation on the United Nations High

Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) saying Somaliland authorities acted in consultation with the Rights UN agency.

They added it was the UNHCR’s responsibility to guarantee refugee safety in the first place and suggested that the UN

agency had abandoned them.

In 2006 Somaliland informed UNHCR that it was no longer open to refugees or asylum seekers.

http://somalilandpress.com/somaliland-deports-ethiopian-refugees-including-children-25627

Case closed.

Saalax   

So there you go folks, don't trust Ibtiisam on anything Somaliland. :D She is a girl and naturally

kinder as a result wants to sell the populace false Utopia about Somaliland rather than the

reality. If you're a refugee or a asylum seeker you're always in danger of being deported because

you don't belong there. Somaliland citizenship is a insurance though. If you're not a Somalilander

don't bother getting comfortable and thinking it is your country as the Oromos and southern Somalis

have learned the hard way one day when they were deported.

Haatu   

Hawdian;983168 wrote:
. I think frankly you more weird grown up man posting about children doing niiko.Get back to earth and take a sip of that reality you are urging others.

Saalax can talk for himself.

(And what's posting a public video on a public forum got to do with reality?)

Hawdian   

Apophis;983170 wrote:
People are confusing S/L state citizenship and Somali lineage.There's no doubt anyone can get S/L citizenship (through paying money or having connections). But one cannot acquire Somali (the tribe) identity without having a Somali father.

. You are right but will certain people accepct the truth and move on or will they keep spamming this blog because they feel an urge to convince others . the bottom line is we are all adults and know how the rules work no ifs no buts.

Ibtisam   

Apophis;983170 wrote:
People are confusing S/L state citizenship and Somali lineage.There's no doubt anyone can get S/L citizenship (through paying money or having connections). But one cannot acquire Somali (the tribe) identity without having a Somali father.

No, one disagrees that they wont have a tribe- it is that they have:

- No claims to Somali or Somaliland

- That they cannot have citizenship or live there

That is what we are disagreeing- the logic is if I can buy or earn citizenship then what does it matter if I dont have a clan.

Salaax I already said Somaliland from time to time wrongly attacks refugees- and my views of this is well known- for a country where even our president has been a political refugee, it is shameful we do this.

But dont confuse refugees with children of wealthy and often educated Somali mothers- who might add something to Somaliland and dont need nothing from a nation that cant even feed its own.

The Las Anod example is criminality, any criminal has no rights and no place(well maybe prison)

Ibtisam   

The legitimacy is given by the governing authority, who are given their authority by the people.

I can't believe you compared terrorist suspects to people getting citizenship :D :eek:

Saalax   

*Ibtisam The Las Anod example is not criminality well not entirely. Some of them were just ordinary

hard working people from south Somalia as the elders said , but of course they were brushed with

the same brush by the authority as the few criminals and deported. So this shows even if your a

honest hard worker, deportation is never far away. Anyway I don't think Somaliland can afford

many refugees or asylum seekers, so it is best to minimize unless we are talking about

highly educated economic immigrants.

Ibtisam   

Salaax which is wrong and nothing to be proud of- that is how you make unnecessary enemies out of normal law abiding citizens.

I see you agreed with the rest of my post, if silently (which is the closes that a farah can do to admit to be wrong)

Good evening to you all.